This isn't even my final form

Lumpy McRighteous

Note to mods: I couldn't find the workout topic after scrolling through the General Chat's pages, so feel free to merge this one with the workout topic if you manage to find it by chance.

So after a year and eight months, I broke triple digits by losing over 100 pounds (103 to be exact after I weighed myself today) to drop from 315 to 212, though I'm still gunning to drop more weight. Just had to watch what I was eating, cut back calories and carbs, hit the gym at least three days a week and develop some willpower. To any folks that are having weight issues, all I can say is just follow those four tips and you should be able to find success as well. In regards to diet, I'm a picky eater and am still looking to add any other beneficial foods, but I personally found the following to be beneficial:

Main foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner):

Grilled chicken (Tyson's brand)

Grilled fish (Gorton's brand)

Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats

Broccoli

Carrots

String beans

Snacks:

Greek yogurt (Chobani brand)

Kellogg's Pastry Crisps

GNC's 50 Gram Slam protein shake

Almonds (Emerald brand)

TL;DR I've gone from a fatass to a skinny fatass by simply being more responsible with my health.

If anybody wants to share their own progess or has questions about nutrition, feel free to add them to this topic. :cool:

Good on ya. Always good to see more people turning the scales. I used to be a bit overweight myself...nothing major, but I was a chubby kid. After I got out of high school I dropped the weight pretty quickly. Went from 195 to 145 in just three months. Now I'm about 160-170, but I put on a lot of muscle. I can bench 180, which isn't amazing, but it's more than I weigh. I could probably do 200 if I tried, but I haven't. But in any case, like you said, it's quite easy to lose large amounts of weight. I never understood how people could allow themselves to get so large, because it isn't hard to maintain a healthy weight.

Good on ya. Always good to see more people turning the scales. I used to be a bit overweight myself...nothing major, but I was a chubby kid. After I got out of high school I dropped the weight pretty quickly. Went from 195 to 145 in just three months. Now I'm about 160-170, but I put on a lot of muscle. I can bench 180, which isn't amazing, but it's more than I weigh. I could probably do 200 if I tried, but I haven't. But in any case, like you said, it's quite easy to lose large amounts of weight. I never understood how people could allow themselves to get so large, because it isn't hard to maintain a healthy weight.

Thanks brah and kudos to you too. I ballooned because I didn't feel burdened by it due to still being able to play basketball good. Then all it took was a trip to the hospital due to GI problems caused by high levels of acidity. The doctor didn't mention anyting about losing weight and just gave me some meds for it, but once I dropped 20 pounds while stuck in a hospital bed, I figured I'd keep up the weight loss for the sake of sticking around to help my sister out.

120 skinny fat ass

I am a huge glutton, and I have a fast metabolism which ensures I don't gain weight.

You're basically the Goku to my Vegeta. No matter how much I train, you're just one step ahead of me. :lol:

But it's all good, because my hard work has inspired my sister to eat healthier too.

It's always nice to read things like this. Especially to one of the better members of this forum. I know it's not easy for people to do this kind of thing, so it's motivational when you hear about these kind of stories.

As far as I go, I'm really weird when it comes to my body. I can eat loads, and never put any weight on. However, I can also eat nothing, and I lose no weight either. Really is weird. Not complaining though of course.

Congrats bro. :cool:

I have the opposite problem. I weigh only about 145-150 and wanna gain weight (to get around 160-170), just hard to find the motivation lol

I'm pretty much the same as this. I weigh 145 but I'm only 5'8 so while I'm not super skinny it would be nice to gain some muscle whenever I decide to take fitness seriously. Also, good job OP.

Congrats dude, that's quite the achievement. Do you have any before and after photos?

Thanks, mang. And nah, my sister hogs her camera all the time and I don't have enough cash at the moment to spend on a phone that has a competent camera. Otherwise, I would've posted on the Pics of Yourself thread by now.

If descriptions are any reasonable substitute, I looked like a slightly rollier Husky Harris (except without any tattoos or facial hair) when I was at my peak weight. Now I'm basically a skinny fatass: Still have a slight gut, but more definition overall and no more bitch tits.

It's always nice to read things like this. Especially to one of the better members of this forum. I know it's not easy for people to do this kind of thing, so it's motivational when you hear about these kind of stories.

As far as I go, I'm really weird when it comes to my body. I can eat loads, and never put any weight on. However, I can also eat nothing, and I lose no weight either. Really is weird. Not complaining though of course.

I appreciate the support mang, but I wouldn't say I'm one of the better members of this forum due to my temper flaring up sometimes. And damn your evolved metabolism. :lol:

Congrats bro. :cool:

I have the opposite problem. I weigh only about 145-150 and wanna gain weight (to get around 160-170), just hard to find the motivation lol

I'm pretty much the same as this. I weigh 145 but I'm only 5'8 so while I'm not super skinny it would be nice to gain some muscle whenever I decide to take fitness seriously. Also, good job OP.

Thanks, mang. I posted some links for Scripted that should help him with gaining muscle, so feel free to check them out too.

Good for you bro. Nicely done btw. I have seen people who only do one thing or the other. Like some people kill themselves in the gym trying to loose weight and then go clean up a near by McDonalds. Some cut down on all the fatty food and start eating less yet they are barely active. It never works that way especially if you are obese.

I don't if its true or not but apparently people with fast metabolism age faster and have a shorter lifespan. Ah well :/

Good for you bro. Nicely done btw. I have seen people who only do one thing or the other. Like some people kill themselves in the gym trying to loose weight and then go clean up a near by McDonalds. Some cut down on all the fatty food and start eating less yet they are barely active. It never works that way especially if you are obese.

I don't if its true or not but apparently people with fast metabolism age faster and have a shorter lifespan. Ah well :/

Thanks, brah. And yeah, I was guilty of doing the workout-followed-by-bad-food routine as well when I was huge, though it wasn't on fast food but rather portion sizes that were way too large. Finally got over it though and I've gotten to the point of feeling uneasy whenever I see too much food in front of me. Sadly, my sister follows the fatty food and sedentary lifestyle you mentioned, but now that she's off at art school she feels free to change herself and has said that she's going to and I'm gonna help her out in any way possible.

As for the fast metabolism = dying faster, the only time I've seen that happen is while playing N+. :lol: I did find a link about it, though: http://running.competitor.com/2011/04/news/does-a-high-metabolism-make-you-age-faster_26128

Well, I do have a question...I'm hitting about 180-185 right now, it's not bad, I mean, I'm not overly, overly fat, I still have a good stature so to speak, but I'm losing energy every minute of the day...

I don't care to look like a million bucks and have a supermodel body, I just want energy to last me through the day without falling asleep every time. Are there any tips on how to tackle that? Anybody?

Well, I do have a question...I'm hitting about 180-185 right now, it's not bad, I mean, I'm not overly, overly fat, I still have a good stature so to speak, but I'm losing energy every minute of the day...

I don't care to look like a million bucks and have a supermodel body, I just want energy to last me through the day without falling asleep every time. Are there any tips on how to tackle that? Anybody?

Im no expert, but Im guessing a good nights sleep each night and a healthy amount of food would work. Breakfast is the most important meal, to give you energy for the rest of the day. So if you're one of those people who skip breakfast every day (like me), that might be a good place to start.

You could try becoming a caffeine addict, like myself. I have lots of energy

LOL. Believe me, I was like that, but my body crashes big time every time. So I try to stay away from much caffeine...

Im not expert, but Im guessing a good nights speed each night and a healthy amount of food would work. Breakfast is the most important mean, to give you energy for the rest of the day. So if you're one of those people who skip breakfast every day (like me), that might be a good place to start.

I do skip breakfast mostly on days where I have to leave for a 9am class so I don't have time to make breakfast...I end up drinking orange juice in the morning and have a big meal for lunch to compensate for it...I feel that if I do portion my meals, it could garner better results. I'll try to do that.

As for sleep, that'll be hard to get a good amount of sleep due to a course workload, I need a way to get around that...

LOL. Believe me, I was like that, but my body crashes big time every time. So I try to stay away from much caffeine...

I only crash after having a Nos or a Rockstar. But tea and mountain dew through out the day? Never do I crash. I can go 100% without sleeping a day

What kind of tea, if I may ask?

Came in here thinking about DBZ lol. Well I eat, and eat and still the same skinny kid lol

Yeah, I was hoping someone would get the title's reference. :hqhq:

An acceptable trade off, I don't find the thought of living into my 60s or above very appealing. I will lose all my prettyness

Prettiness? You straight-up Zarbon, *Censored*. :lol:

I do skip breakfast mostly on days where I have to leave for a 9am class so I don't have time to make breakfast...I end up drinking orange juice in the morning and have a big meal for lunch to compensate for it...I feel that if I do portion my meals, it could garner better results. I'll try to do that.

As for sleep, that'll be hard to get a good amount of sleep due to a course workload, I need a way to get around that...

I did the same thing too and paid for it, brah. Never skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. Contrary to popular belief, 6 smaller meals isn't actually better than eating 3 normal-sized meals or vice versa, so it may take some experimenting with your diet to see what clicks and what doesn't. For people who aren't too active, I've read that 1500-2000 calories is a good range for weight loss. I personally found success at 1500-1600 on off days and 2000 on workout days, but like I said, everyone's different and some experimenting with your diet is a possibility.

And of course, don't forget to take a multivitamin. Omega-3s are awesome too.

I did the same thing too and paid for it, brah. Never skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. Contrary to popular belief, 6 smaller meals isn't actually better than eating 3 normal-sized meals or vice versa, so it may take some experimenting with your diet to see what clicks and what doesn't. For people who aren't too active, I've read that 1500-2000 calories is a good range for weight loss. I personally found success at 1500-1600 on off days and 2000 on workout days, but like I said, everyone's different and some experimenting with your diet is a possibility.

And of course, don't forget to take a multivitamin. Omega-3s are awesome too.

Yeah, I'm starting to take multivitamin tablets to get me through the day...and I can sit here and make excuses about there's not enough time in the morning to make sandwiches...but I just need to make time in the morning to make eggs or a PB&J sandwich, something that can get my brain focused for the day...and I wake up at 6:30 in the morning every day, too, so...

It's funny because I can pig out and there's times where I didn't even gain weight, I actually lose weight over time no matter how much I eat...like I ended up losing 7-9 pounds while I was on an eating binge during my senior year in H.S., but that's only probably because I hit the gym every 2nd period and basically f around every time...My body does play tricks on me, so I have to also get into the habit of controlling my body as well...

Lipton Iced Tea

I would drink Snapple Iced Teas from time to time and never crash and I basically drink green tea to help calm my body...However, I'm trying SO hard to cut back on soda, though, but I can't fight the carbonated feeling. LOL...

Archived