Players should be able to determine if an opponent lands Face-up or Face-down after a move.

Slateboard

Like the current Directional Throw mechanic, players should be able to determine whether or not the opponent ends up face-up or face-down after taking a move that knocks them down. I refer to grapple moves, not strikes.

One of the issues people have with many of the moves in the game is that opponents end up being out of position for follow up moves. Like a Chokeslam that results in the opponent landing face-down when you wanted them face-up for your partner's aerial move.

So a button press or moving of the analog stick should be used to modify how the opponent lands after a move. I think it would fix some of the issues people have with the move animations. Sure, some could use complete re-animations (though not replacing the old one) but this would be a nice tough in future iterations.

Does anyone have an opinion on this at all?

I wouldn't be that negative. We get a lot of good new additions into the game every year despite them not always being up to our lofty specifications.

The fact that we even have the Directional Throw mechanic is an example. Maybe it'll take time before we see it fully realized, but I don't doubt that it could make it in.

On the subject of face-up and face-down postions:

It would be nice if different ground moves were able to be done on the opponent if they are face-up to when the opponent is face-down. e.g. Figure 4 Leglock should only be done if the opponent is face-up. Whereas an Ankle Lock should only be to done if the opponent is face-down. But the Sharpshooter could be able regardless of whether the opponent is face-up or face-down with a different animation for both face-up and face-down postions.

It would be nice if different ground moves were able to be done on the opponent if they are face-up to when the opponent is face-down. e.g. Figure 4 Leglock should only be done if the opponent is face-up. Whereas an Ankle Lock should only be to done if the opponent is face-down. But the Sharpshooter could be able regardless of whether the opponent is face-up or face-down with a different animation for both face-up and face-down postions.

Like the N64 games.

I'd like an opponent to land on all fours so my character can punt them in the ass.

Like the N64 games.

I'd like an opponent to land on all fours so my character can punt them in the ass.

KINKY .

Like the idea, but this is way too logical for Cory & THQ to understand. Lol.

What are you talking about? No wrestling video-game in the history of man has even had such an option.

No shit, that is what i meant. THQ would never think of such an option to put into A wrestling video-game, and if they ever do it'll probably be in WWE '18.

Bit over complicated really. Just turn them around on the floor, just takes a second.

You are missing the point. Everyone here is aware of the fact that you can just 'turn them over'. The issue here is that in an actual match, there is rarely any 'turning over' to set up moves.

Like if Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton are tagging, and Mysterio is going to Drop the Dime on the opponent after an RKO, they'd end up face-down after the RKO. If he were going to do his Splash, then they'd be face-up. Due to this sort of thing being sorted out pre-match between the participants it's relatively simple, but in the game, players have no such luxury. If you have to manually turn over an opponent after hitting your move then it takes away from the flow of a match. On TV, the opponent will be in the position for w/e the follow up is, and players should have that option too.

Completely agree with the initial idea. It would be awesome at the touch of a button to be able to choose how my opponent lands. They could give most grapple moves two sell animations to make this work as well without taking out any of the current moves (just add the new sells to them). Seriously, it would be awesome if I could press the R3 button (PS3) and boom my opponent will land on his front but if I don't push anything they land on their back.

Also agree with the idea for submissions based on whether or not your opponent is face up or face down. Although they would need to implement a lot more submissions to do this. That said, they would need more submissions in all areas. Look at the back submissions for example, you get the choice of full nelson or standing cobra clutch... that's it. I've never ever seen K2 do a full nelson but all I can do is give her a cobra clutch instead? Ridiculous.

Completely agree with the initial idea. It would be awesome at the touch of a button to be able to choose how my opponent lands. They could give most grapple moves two sell animations to make this work as well without taking out any of the current moves (just add the new sells to them). Seriously, it would be awesome if I could press the R3 button (PS3) and boom my opponent will land on his front but if I don't push anything they land on their back.

Also agree with the idea for submissions based on whether or not your opponent is face up or face down. Although they would need to implement a lot more submissions to do this. That said, they would need more submissions in all areas. Look at the back submissions for example, you get the choice of full nelson or standing cobra clutch... that's it. I've never ever seen K2 do a full nelson but all I can do is give her a cobra clutch instead? Ridiculous.

Yeah it would also help with the flow/realism of the match if moves had different animations depending on where you hit it.

A sleeper or Abdominal Stretch would be a better fit for Kelly Kelly, and having an animation to apply it from behind would be nice.

In fact, a lot of moves could benefit from this. The Killswitch/Unprettier was original performed behind the opponent so having that option rather than effectively turning the opponent around twice would be a lot better looking.

Archived