Midna CAW request

xirtamehtsitahw

I've tried to create a decent Midna (Imp form) Diva CAW on PSP SvR 2011, but I can't be satisfied with the parts, mask designs and horns available when it comes to re-creating her Fused Shadow mask that she wears in Twilight Princess. I can (pretty much) get her body shape and height (or lack thereof--LOL) fairly accurate, but I can't seem to find a satisfactory combination of headwear parts which would create a decent facsimile of the Fused Shadow mask. Could someone please offer me some pointers?

On a side note, I might be able to create a decent lookalike for Midna's "tattoos" and her general skin coloring (with a little tinkering). That darn Fused Shadow mask, however, is giving me fits!

snap001x.png

Here is a pic of her. If you need a close-up pic, I can simply download another pic. I think I made a decent first attempt at Midna's Fused Shadow mask, but I bet you could do better, as you have even more experience with complicated CAWs than I do. I remember, way back in 2004 or 2005 when I created an absolutely stunning Mewtwo CAW for WWE Day of Reckoning on the 'Cube. You could use a lot more layers, as well as add a tail (!) to your CAW back then. Why can't you now, when the PSP has about the same processing power as the 'Cube, and about as good of graphics capabilities?

Here is a close-up pic of my attempt at Midna's mask:

snap002u.png

I believe I created at least a decent first attempt at Midna's Fused Shadow mask, as well as the white patch on the lower half of her face. As for covering one of her eyes, I may actually have to hack the eyepatch in. However, that may actually "delete" the horns, because the game does not normally allow one to select headwear options from both the Horns AND Others menus at the same time. Stupid, I know. As for the white patch on her torso and right leg, that might be a bit tricky, as it will take at least a "few" more layers beyond the normal 16-layer limit, so layer-hack codes will have to come into play. The "tattoos" on her arms and legs should be no problem, though. I just need to make them a little "lighter" in color, to give them that mystical "glow" that Midna's real tattoos have in Twilight Princess.

Here is my "semi-final" version of Midna, after much tweaking (and layer hacking :P)

snap003dt.png

Now TELL me that doesn't look almost exactly like Midna's Imp form! LOL The only things missing are the fact that her right leg isn't all white (I tried various methods--including body hair), and both of her eyes are uncovered--yes, it is true, you canNOT have pieces from both the Horns and Other menus, even if you try to "hack" them both in. Other than those two things, I think my version of Midna does her justice. I bet you could do even better, though, cksa.

Oh, and sorry about misspelling your name. Such typos usually don't get past me--my Asperger syndrome almost forces me to notice typos in my or anybody else's posts, as well as in books, video games (yes, I've actually found typos in video game text--DBZ Shin Budokai 2 is one example, as well as Tony Chimel's name almost ALWAYS being misspelled in SvR games, with SvR 11 on the PSP being no exception), and even on TV shows. It should come as no surprise to you, then, when I tell you that when I was of school age (prior to my freshman year in high school), I won several spelling bees at the classroom and schoolwide level. I also almost always got perfect scores on every spelling test. If I were a newspaper editor, I'd be giving the columnists and writers absolute FITS! LOL

I do know this about hacking additional layers: if you go beyond 16, then you are literally forced to use CWCheat codes to hack those layers into perfect position. I have another CAW of the infamous Dragonball GT villain Rage Shenron, and creating the Dragonball in his belly (complete with all five "stars"--really just periods from the Alphabet menu XD ), as well as making his belly being the correct color is quite difficult, because even if you try to "cheat" and use more than one text character per layer, it counts as TWO or more layers! Don't even get me started on trying to hack a beak on him, while he has those weird "feelers" (from the Horns menu). Yes, they do have a sort of "beak"-like attachment you can give your CAW (actually, it's the muzzle of a bear/wolf), but the game's programming prevents any attempt to add a beak and the feelers at the same time. The same conundrum baffles me regarding Midna. One of her eyes is supposed to be covered, but there is pretty much no way to accomplish the one-eyed look with her current "attire"--or lack thereof...heh heh. Maybe you know a way, though. Keep in touch...Midna is waiting. :P

I found a way to make Midna's face a little more imp-like--just minimize the head height and perform a few other facial "tweaks" and voila, a near-perfect imp face! Also, I recolored her eyes a bright yellow, and replaced that visor with a top-half-of-face mask, which I colored roughly the same as her "Kane" mask. She was a heel the last time I played as her, but unfortunately, I had to delete that game save in order to port the default Jarniboi gamesave (for his now-legendary MEGA iso) on my PSP Go. I tell you, though, it was WELL worth it! :)

Archived