How To Play WWF No Mercy Online (Tutorial Right Here)

Andre.

First, do not give me any credit for this. This is from the No Mercy Zone. I just brought this here to play with some people. Have fun (I hope)

Introduction/Getting Set up

Well guys I have some good news, thanks to a lot of testing and help from gamefools, HighHolyMe, DmT and Grantonic we have found a way to play No Mercy online near perfect using a new Kaillera client.

We started off by having a look see at http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/. HighHolyMe thought hey if Goldeneye can be played flawlessly online with this client, why can't No Mercy?

So we followed exactly what that website told us to do, as that website states that the setup should work with most games. We tested out various No Mercy modes online, 1 on 1, Triple Threat or Royal Rumble. All seemed to lag depending on the users ping. I decided to go back to the Goldeneye site and skim through the top of the page where it mentions something about a P2P client.

What you want to do is once you've downloaded Mupen64K from the above site, you want to go into your Mupen64K 0.7.9 folder and rename kailleraclient.dll to kailleraclientbackup.dll. Then you want to download this and save it into your Mupen64K 0.7.9 folder.

I'm going to assume most users on here are already using Project64 1.6 and are familiar with Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. So either download or copy all the necessary plugins from Project64 1.6\Plugin (the Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 files and whatever controller plugin you use, I just copyed all the plugins in that folder) to Mupen64K 0.7.9\plugin (Don't forget to copy the BMGlib.dll file from Project64 1.6 to your Mupen64K 0.7.9 folder as well otherwise it won't work).

In case you don't want to go through all the trouble of downloading everything separately, I've taken the liberty of uploading everything for you. This upload includes Mupen64K 0.7.9, the new Kaillera client, and Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. Download it here or here then continue below.

Once you've got everything, open Mupen and go to Options and then Settings... to make sure your Video Plugin is set to Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. While you're there be sure to set your Input Plugin for whatever controller you would normally use. You also want to tab over to Directories and click "Add" to browse for your No Mercy ROM file (obviously I'm not going to include that in the pack I uploaded for you), hit OK when you're done and then OK again to exit out of the settings screen.

Next go to Options again and then Video Settings... adjust your settings by following the screenshots below:

Note: DirectX and OpenGL are interchangeable-whichever works better for you (for me it's DirectX).

1stFigure.png

Be sure to set your controls up as well in Options and then Input Settings... as it's very important to ensure that "RawData" remains UNCHECKED. Once all that's done you may proceed.

P2P Mode

Credit: TNAFAN4LIFE, gamefools, HighHolyMe and Grantonic

If you have Mupen open, you want to click Utilities and then Kaillera (not the old one). From here you can either host a game or join a game. To Host make sure P2P is selected all the way to the right in the drop down box. Click WWF No Mercy and then host. On the bottom right hand corner of the screen that pops up there should be a button called "whatismyip", click that and give your ip to the person you wish to play against.

Screenshots in case you need them:

2ndFigure.jpg

Now, provided you're both using the same video plugin (Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10) and the exact same save file (if you're unsure of this, either exchange save files or have both parties delete the WWF No Mercy fla file found in your Mupen/save folder) this will run very smoothly, almost as if the other player was sitting right there next to you.

There are a couple of downfalls to this method, the first being that you always want to try and play against someone who is located in the same country as you otherwise there is a chance the game will desync. You also can't play against more than 1 player (CPU is fine though).

Client Mode

Credit: DmT

Let me start off by saying that if you don't have a high speed internet connection this will not work. This method is recommended over P2P if you wish to play someone outside of your country (P2P is desyncing for you), or if you wish to have a Triple Threat or Royal Rumble match between three or four players.

If you have Mupen open, you want to click Utilities and then Kaillera (not the old one). Basically you'll need to select Client mode instead of P2P in the Kaillera screen. Next click Master Servers List and talk to your opponents about picking a server that has the lowest ping for all players involved. Once you pick a server create a WWF No Mercy room and get everyone to join by clicking on it. If you do not wish to record the game, make sure you untick the checkbox then when ready just hit start.

Screenshots in case you need them:

3rdFigure.png

4thFigure.png

5thFigure.png

Just like the P2P mode, make sure you're both using the same video plugin (Rice Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10) and the exact same save file (if you're unsure of this, either exchange save files or have both parties delete the WWF No Mercy fla file found in your Mupen/save folder).

Now the news everyone has been dying to hear. TEXTURES. Obviously because of the plugin we're using CAWS and Textures work fine provided both parties are using the same save file and textures. Unfortunately since Mupen doesn't have any support for cheat files, you can only have updated textures for wrestlers who are already in the game, and of course CAWs. I did read that they are however planning on implementing the ability to add cheats into the next Mupen release biggrin.gif

For me this is a huge breakthrough for No Mercy, how many times have people tried to play No Mercy online but unsuccessfully? Now thanks to this new Kaillera client, we no longer need to worry about that since it has now been tested and is almost fully functional

Ongoing List Of Caws.ws users available to play:

Supreme Box Logo

MSN: andrea.christopher10@hotmail.com

You install it by adding their texture files in: 01 Roster/ Future DLC/ Superstars, Then just add them there. If you downloaded their updated cheat file, then Cesaro will replace Koslov. Sandow on the other hand, you will have to create his own moveset. But remember, inside their texture packs is a formula on how to create them.

Archived