DLC Discussion Thread

Ernez

as long as the game is based on the 80's with current I wouldn't mind it I prefer the 80's to the attitude era.

To be fair then you can't really criticse the Attitude Era of being in this time then. You said you wanted a game full with a current roster just like me. You can't just say that this year and then next year be happy if the "80's" are included without being a hypocrite. Either you want a game with just the current roster or you don't. I have said since day 1 that I want a game based around a current roster and will stick with it. You can't just change your mind at this stage without expecting to be called some choice words.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true but THQ doesn't care what the Current fans want they cater to the Legend lovers.

Yep, of course. It's not like THQ put in 40+ current wrestlers or anything...

Oh wait, they did. But yeah, you're right, those 40+ current stars don't matter, just the ones you want do.

Flawless logic.

That's true but THQ doesn't care what the Current fans want they cater to the Legend lovers.

Oh wait, they did. But yeah, you're right, those 40+ current stars don't matter, just the ones you want do.

Flawless logic.

Well they don't care what midcarders we want IE Tyson Kidd Henning JR Uso's etc

Flawless logic.

No midcarders? Kingston, Truth, Ryder, Gabriel, Rhodes, Marella, Slater, Kane, Clay Bryan, Swagger, Hunico, Sin-Cara, Miz, Christian, Sandow, Otunga, Mysterio, Mahal and Dibiase aren't mid-carders?

I think you're confusing a mid-carder with someone who lacks relevancy in the current product. I enjoy Kidd, Usos, and McGullicutty, but to say they really mattered in the product, during the time period that in which THQ was creating the game's roster, just isn't true.

It's simply a matter of who's important enough to make the cut, you may not like it, but that's just how it is.

Flawless logic.

No midcarders? Kingston, Truth, Ryder, Gabriel, Rhodes, Marella, Slater, Kane, Bryan, Swagger, Hunico, Sin-Cara, Miz, Christian, Sandow, Otunga, Mysterio, Mahal and Dibiase aren't mid-carders?

I think you're confusing a mid-carder with someone who lacks relevancy in the current product. I enjoy Kidd, Usos, and McGullicutty, but to say they really mattered in the product, during the time period that in which THQ was creating the game's roster, just isn't true.

It's simply a matter of who's important enough to make the cut, you may not like it, but that's just how it is.

Upper Midcards =/= Midcards

It's not like legends are hurting the game in anyway, man. Who do you want in to be happy? Legends aren't really getting in the way so there's no problem. Take them out of your universe or something. That's why I like the mix. We can CHOOSE. Low carders and a few divas are the only ones missing really. Just wait to see the dlc.....then be pissed.

It's not like legends are hurting the game in anyway, man. Who do you want in to be happy? Legends aren't really getting in the way so there's no problem. Take them out of your universe or something. That's why I like the mix. We can CHOOSE. Low carders and a few divas are the only ones missing really. Just wait to see the dlc.....then be pissed.

We can't choose. We have uncomplete rosters of three eras (AE,RA,EE). For universe you need 15 guys for each roster.

Not possible for AE roster

Not possible for RA roster

Barley possible for EE roster

Flawless logic.

No midcarders? Kingston, Truth, Ryder, Gabriel, Rhodes, Marella, Slater, Kane, Bryan, Swagger, Hunico, Sin-Cara, Miz, Christian, Sandow, Otunga, Mysterio, Mahal and Dibiase aren't mid-carders?

Upper Midcards =/= Midcards

And they're still mid-carders. What's your point?

well for those who make NXT there 3rd show in universe it helps to have guys who are on that show. I also wanna know how many caw slots I will have to waste to make guys who should have already been in or wear in wwe 12 and taken out.

Sorry to say, but not many people want a NXT show in Universe mode. THQ is trying to appease to the masses, not the minority. It's not fair of you to want to get something specifically over what a larger group of people want, the bigger group loses out, while the minority get's what they want. Do you think that's smart business, or something that ultimately more fans will enjoy?

Do you think that many people would be psyched for guys like Kidd, over guys like Mick Foley, or The Rock?

yup. Completely agree.

You guys would mostly hate it but for me...the perfect roster is a mix of current, 80s, 90's wcw, ecw etc. Just a best of everything.

Anyhow...DLC...hoping for DDP and Rikishi.

I just keep hoping a mod will warn the guys that keep starting that argument...

On topic, DDP and Steve Blackman for attitude at least, whereas Curt Hawkins and Tyson Kidd for current. All I can really think of right now but i'll modify my post if I come up with more that i'd like.

We can't choose. We have uncomplete rosters of three eras (AE,RA,EE). For universe you need 15 guys for each roster.

We have over 30 superstars from the Atiitude Era. We have around 40 from the current. Throw in some divas. You can do it. I don't know how Universe is set up this year but in the past, it's two rosters for two shows and a PPV with both thrown in. If its the same you have enough. If you like to have seperate promotions all in one month, sorry, but I would'nt count on THQ to help you out there. There is enough to have a current universe or past universe. definitely mix universes. Maybe I dont know what you mean though.

We have over 30 superstars from the Atiitude Era. We have around 40 from the current. Throw in some divas. You can do it. I don't know how Universe is set up this year but in the past, it's two rosters for two shows and a PPV with both thrown in. If its the same you have enough. If you like to have seperate promotions all in one month, sorry, but I would'nt count on THQ to help you out there. There is enough to have a current universe or past universe. definitely mix universes. Maybe I dont know what you mean though.

We have less then 40 current stars.

We have less then 30 AE stars, thx to the doubles

For Universe you need atleast 15 male Wrestlers on each roster. And with 15 we couldn't have a draft. It's clearly not possible. You have to mix up the roster and drop your WWE 12 stories or use your limited CAW slots for CAWs who would look sh*tty in comparison to the ingame models.

Also, there are talented CAW makers on this site, sure they wrestlers won't be in game superstars, but that allows you to add who you want.

Would be nice if they included the moves of the guys who didn't make it at least. Me wants the taste of pain.

I'm a fan of the current roster plus the Attitude roster so it's a win/win for me. There are a few guys I would of liked to have on the current roster like Kidd, McGillicutty, Hawkins & Reks plus The Uso's but I have high hopes most if not all have a possibility of being DLC and If they're not, that's what CAW Mode is for. I love this years roster, I'm looking forward to mixing both eras together in Universe Mode.

Look everyone has a different opinion but the petty arguments are ridiculous now. At the end of the day it is WWE and THQ that decide who makes the main roster wand who is added as DLC and yeah some of us (including me) aren't happy this year but that is what CAW mode is for. Don't get me wrong I would have loved a current game again but it's not like it's impossible to do. We have a CAW mode to add who and what we please and we should just make the most of that rather than arguing amongst ourselves about DLC info that hasn't even been officially confirmed yet.

We have less then 40 current stars.

We have less then 30 AE stars, thx to the doubles

For Universe you need atleast 15 male Wrestlers on each roster. And with 15 we couldn't have a draft. It's clearly not possible. You have to mix up the roster and drop your WWE 12 stories or use your limited CAW slots for CAWs who would look sh*tty in comparison to the ingame models.

Didn't think about doubles. You would have to count all the foleys to have enough. So the only way for an all attitude would be to add dlc later or if they lift restrictions on that. Doubtful but time will tell. But to get a current roster you would still have enough. Even if you don't count Johnny Ace, Booker, Nash, JBL, Cena '04, or even Edge. You would still have enough. Then add divas and dlc later. The main point is that fans of a all current roster can do that. Which is what brought this discussion on anyway.

^Aren't you one of the lonely members on this side who likes the current Cena and wants him to become WWE Champ as soon as possible?

Also not popular...

On this site maybe, but Cena is still the most popular wrestler in the world to casual fans.

Problem with the "I WANT CURRENT STARS ONLY" argument is that it's not only not popular with the internet crowd, it's not popular with the majority of fans either.

Archived