Official WWE Night Of Champions 2012 Discussion Thread

Dazman™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody get the feeling this match with Cena and Cm Punk can either make or break his whole title reign?

Not is it only against the guy it all started against, In his hometown, in the main event, its coming off a heel turn and with all these demands of respect

He could lose all that credability with one loss

Definetly. It will basically ruin Punks current status, as he would not be getting his match with Rock (which would put him over even more), AND him not being able to deliver when there are huge stakes.

His reign up until now will have been a waste if it turns out he was just keeping it warm until Cena wanted to take it to put up against Rock. It will prove that Cena can come back into the title picture at any time, and take the title in two attempts or less. Also, if Cena and Rock feud, it also leaves Punk without an opponent unless they want to turn it into a triple threat, which I can't see happening.

It would also prove Punk was right all along. As people would indeed look at it as him keeping the belt warm for Cena/Rock. With that said, I agree with you two, it would hurt Punk, but I don't think it'd ruin all his credibility.

It would give him more to talk about despite being more of that whiny heel character we did not want. It wouldn't hurt all of his credibility since he has defeated John Cena more than once but it would help add more prestige to his championship run if he had defeated Cena in his own hometown.

He would be the first man to defeat Cena in his own hometown and Cena's hometown plus if he wins cleanly, it'd just solidify the fact he needs to face Dwayne and robbing the championship from him would almost be as criminal as the Montreal Screwjob.

Royal Nakamura, on 30 August 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Layla as a heel would be hotter than Eve being a heel.

She should turn heel when Kaitlyn beats her. Layla plays the heel role much better.

Exactly plus you have to admit that Layla just has a hotter vibe when she is a heel too. Rewind to her ECW days and when she had that food-fight with Kelly Kelly. Even though the food-fight was shiiiiiiit, Layla made it a moment you wouldn't mind replaying.

I hope nothing big happens at the PPV because I'm not ordering it (or is it on Sky Sports?).

Na, it's on Sky Box Office again. I can't believe I am going to say this but I'm only ordering it for the Divas Championship match. Soon we'll be paying for all of them though, the only two PPV's we got on Sky Sports this year were Extreme Rules and Money In The Bank.

I hope nothing big happens at the PPV because I'm not ordering it (or is it on Sky Sports?).

Na, it's on Sky Box Office again. I can't believe I am going to say this but I'm only ordering it for the Divas Championship match. Soon we'll be paying for all of them though, the only two PPV's we got on Sky Sports this year were Extreme Rules and Money In The Bank.

Wow, that's a new personal low. I'm ashamed of you.

Ahem, anyway...

Wow, that's a new personal low. I'm ashamed of you.

Ahem, anyway...

Kaitlyn is going to win though so I have to buy this one. Anyway I made a mistake, Extreme Rules was on Sky Box Office and Over The Limit was on Sky Sports.

Looking at the various tag feuds happening at the moment (never thought I would say that a few years ago) usos and ascension on NXT probably rules out them, reks and hawkins still too jobberish as are hunicho/camacho. epico/primo are trying to be face but failing. gabriel and kidd could do well but they probably need a few big wins. I expect just a straight on tag champs v prime time players at noc!

Would anyone else like to see a Miz-Christian feud for the IC title?

the rest seem pretty obvious, not sure if the ziggler-orton match will wait or just happen on raw. sheamus v alberto is getting tiresome for me so hopefully ziggler will cash in his mitb.

Well, that's something. Dazman, I know your woman's gonna' end up defeating mine so I wouldn't need to wish her g'luck, really. Damn the WWE creatives, damn all of them.

Don't worry it's k. Let's just hope this does not lead to a Kaitlyn Eve feud knocking Layla off TV.

Well, that's something. Dazman, I know your woman's gonna' end up defeating mine so I wouldn't need to wish her g'luck, really. Damn the WWE creatives, damn all of them.

Don't worry it's k. Let's just hope this does not lead to a Kaitlyn Eve feud knocking Layla off TV.

Well she was off TV before for months until recently and is the Divas Champion. Kaitlyn and Eve right now had more TV time than her.

Well she was off TV before for months until recently and is the Divas Champion. Kaitlyn and Eve right now had more TV time than her.

Well if she is not champion that means they have no reason to ever put her on TV.

Well if she is not champion that means they have no reason to ever put her on TV.

Six Diva Tag Team Matches :XD:

MY PREDICTIONS:

WWE Championship:

CM Punk vs John Cena

WINNER: CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship:

Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio

WINNER: Sheamus

Tag Team Championships:

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs The Uso's

WINNERS: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth

IC Title:

The Miz vs Christian

WINNER: The Miz

US Title:

Antonio Cesaro vs Santino Marella

WINNER: Antonio Cesaro

Diva's Championship:

Layla vs Kaitlyn

WINNER: Kaitlyn

Winner takes WHC MITB Contract:

Wade Barret vs Dolph Ziggler

WINNER: Wade Barret

Pre-Show:

NXT Championship:

Seth Rollins vs Jinder Mahal

WINNER: Seth Rollins

If Sheamus beats Del Rio again then this whole feud and match is going to be pointless so I see Del Rio winning this time with Sheamus attacking him after the match out of frustration. Ziggler will cash in the MITB and win the title setting up a 3-Way feud while Orton is off TV. It will be the perfect opportunity for Dolph to turn face and drop Vickie Guerrero as well if he wins the title from a heel.

If Sheamus beats Del Rio again then this whole feud and match is going to be pointless so I see Del Rio winning this time with Sheamus attacking him after the match out of frustration. Ziggler will cash in the MITB and win the title setting up a 3-Way feud while Orton is off TV. It will be the perfect opportunity for Dolph to turn face and drop Vickie Guerrero as well if he wins the title from a heel.

Smart that is what I was thibking the whole time. Nobody wants to see ADR as champ so him cashing on hin woul get him some face reaction and then some type of story where he drops Vickie should help. But after that Dolph has to connect by himself and we will be able to see if he really can.

Also what about Orton and Barrett coming back soon. The WHC scene is way better then the WWE right now.

Reading some of the comments there about how when Barrett returns he should win the World Title.

I have to disagree. Not that I'm against the idea of an English Champion because I'm not I am one of these people who wished Bulldog won the Title before his passing. I just think WWE should take it slow with Barrett and really make him a threat.

Maybe even have him come up against Ryback a few times with his bare knuckle background before moving on to him feuding with Sheamus.

Hell they could have Barrett win the 2013 Royal Rumble. Just saying........

Six Diva Tag Team Matches :XD:

That is, without a shadow of a doubt, worse than slapping the Divas' Championship on Vickie and naming her the Queen of the WWE industry.Night of Champions, this year, will certainly be a stronger pay-per-view than it was last year. Last year's main-event was cluttered with meh-worthy twists but with Punk and Heyman forming a partnership, any twist that happens now will be brilliant.Who knows, Brock could end up screwing Punk at the Royal Rumble which leads to The Rock winning the WWE Championship and facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania NY/NJ or it could, regretfully, lead to Rock/Cena II and Punk vs. Lesnar. I genuinely think they want to go through with Punk/Lesnar more than Punk/Rock...Idk why but I just get that feeling since Heyman has aligned himself with Punk now that Brock is gone from the WWE.

Archived