Kayfabe board  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a board where you can talk in Kayfabe?

• Yes
    • No

It seems like a big waste of time making a whole new section for it, and as for posting a topic about it, I don't really see how, as you want to talk about RAW, SmackDown & PPV's, thus spoilers, meaning it can't go in the WWE Universe section.

You seem to be able to post spoilers in the WWE Show discussion thread and not get punished. All this thread is is just a Kayfabe version of that. So we have one Show discussion for Kayfabe talk, and one for insider talk. Nothing more, nothing less, as well as the fact that if all posts are in spoiler tags and I put warnings about spoilers everywhere, I'm pretty sure I can make this thing work.

But if you don't want it to happen, then it won't happen. Sorry I suggested.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like a big waste of time making a whole new section for it, and as for posting a topic about it, I don't really see how, as you want to talk about RAW, SmackDown & PPV's, thus spoilers, meaning it can't go in the WWE Universe section.

WWE Show Discussion and the PPV Discussions say hi.

I just don't get why some of you mods are so against it. More people said they wanted it than people who didn't, so surely that's enough to give it a chance without moaning.

I don't see how you guys don't see it as a game though.

As I said before, me saying "Brock Lesnar should lose to Triple H!" even though I believe it should be the other way around doesn't make sense, and is just a spam/game topic.

I don't see how you guys don't see it as a game though.

As I said before, me saying "Brock Lesnar should lose to Triple H!" even though I believe it should be the other way around doesn't make sense, and is just a spam/game topic.

But that would be playing a game. I'm not sure what CHZR thinks, but I see it as talking about wrestling, but the kayfabe side of it. I'm not sure if I can explain it well, but basically talking about the characters, rather than the backstage side of it. When someone cuts a promo, instead of talking about HOW they're saying it, you'd talk about what they're actually saying. Is it a face promo? Is it a heel promo? Are they turning? How does it fit with their character? Things like that. It's hard to use an example when there's not an actual discussion going on. Not just people going 'OMG Sheamus is so nice and Del Rio is a poopyhead!'

Look at the PWI CM Punk topic. People were referencing Miz who got NO.1 last year, but that's in a kayfabe sense. Then people spoke about why he deserved it in that sense, instead of people just going 'hurr hurr miz sucks and danielson is awesome'.

Let me get this straight, so it's a section of the forum where you guys basically sound like the fans they show on Tout, where you basically drink WWE's kool-aid no matter how bad they get, and act like you don't know spoilers, news, backstage politics? I mean seriously if WWE gets shitty like it normally does nowadays, you guys would be quick to break kayfabe in a second, and really it would pretty much end up being the same as the WWE universe section is now. There has to be a big enthusiasm from the board in this situation, yea there's a few of you that are pretty vocal about it, but we have nearly 80,000 members currently registered.. I don't think we will budge unless there is a mass movement for this thing.

Let me get this straight, so it's a section of the forum where you guys basically sound like the fans they show on Tout, where you basically drink WWE's kool-aid no matter how bad they get, and act like you don't know spoilers, news, backstage politics? I mean seriously if WWE gets shitty like it normally does nowadays, you guys would be quick to break kayfabe in a second, and really it would pretty much end up being the same as the WWE universe section is now. There has to be a big enthusiasm from the board in this situation, yea there's a few of you that are pretty vocal about it, but we have nearly 80,000 members currently registered.. I don't think we will budge unless there is a mass movement for this thing.

How many of those 80k are actually active? :lol:

I'm saying it should be given a chance. If anything, it'll be a chance for you to prove us wrong! I think we have different perspectives on what it'll be. Like I said before, it's not us bashing heels and praising faces, but it'd be talking about their characters. Let's take Punk for example, who is arguably a tweener. It'd be a topic to discuss his current heel/face status, instead of saying 'Punk is awesome' or 'Punk just cut a great promo'. It wouldn't be a topic to praise Barrett or Rhodes 'cos theyre internet darlings, but about their character. I'm not sure how it'd work, or even if it would, I'm just saying it deserves a chance without being shot down before it even takes off.

I think this is an amazing idea. With this, fans can be fans. If you go to a forum for a TV show, they actually talk about the story and who their favorites are, rather than just act like they wish they were running the show and how WWE is doing their show wrong.

Well I can see emotions breaking through enough that someone who would normally be enthused about posting that way would stop, and then post his real thoughts if something bullshit enough happened thus breaking kayfabe, and if we have to delete silly posts like that just to keep everything kayfabe that's more of an unnecessary workload on us mods.

I think this is an amazing idea. With this, fans can be fans. If you go to a forum for a TV show, they actually talk about the story and who their favorites are, rather than just act like they wish they were running the show and how WWE is doing their show wrong.

You can do that in the WWE section now...

Not without some douche saying something along the lines of 'ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!'

Well I can see emotions breaking through enough that someone who would normally be enthused about posting that way would stop, and then post his real thoughts if something bullshit enough happened thus breaking kayfabe, and if we have to delete silly posts like that just to keep everything kayfabe that's more of an unnecessary workload on us mods.

That's an if though, and personally, I'll post in both the Kayfabe topic and other ones that are my non-kayfabe opinion. This is just a good way to separate the two viewpoints.

and then immediately be bombarded with "It's still real to me dammit" lol. but I guess I was just saying that because it would remind me of when I was a kid and thought it was real. Back then I actually watched it for the show. Never missing an episode and tuning in every night to see "what would happen to Undertaker" or "did Stone Cold win the title?" I guess you are right though.

I just don't get why some of you mods are so against it. More people said they wanted it than people who didn't, so surely that's enough to give it a chance without moaning.

We allow those topic's, hence they're pinned. No need for the atttude, at all.

We allow those topic's, hence they're pinned. No need for the atttude, at all.

Exactly! You're saying it's a bad idea 'cos they'll contain spoilers, but not only are those topics I mentioned allowed, they're actually pinned!

Subject: Dolph Attacks Jericho!

You guys just see SmackDown? In a backstage segment, Ziggler ran over Jericho with a metal shelf! You could tell it really hurt him. Have a feeling this is definitely gonna come into play in their match at Summerslam. What do you think?

vs.

Subject: WWE ruining another good feud

So on Smackdown, they showed a backstage segment of Ziggler attacking Jericho, "injuring" him. It pisses me off how WWE always has to have some bs stipulation and twist or whatnot. Instead of "2 great fighters at their best going head-to-head" they have to make it "can Jericho overcome?". I hate the wwe.

Lame example, but you get my point.

OMG Brock is such an asshole for breaking the COO's arm then saying he quit. IM glad he is gone I hope Triple H comes back that arm look hurt.

No you idiots Brock has a certain amount of days he can be on Raw and to make sure he can have a reason to not show up he "quit" it is a part of his contract. And Triple H arm is fine and dandy he did not really break it. IS WRESTLING STILL REAL 2 U.

And that is how a smark would ruin the threads. And im sure Three G and staff do not want to have a mod watch threads for guys not speaking kayfabe or something that silly (not saying they dont want to or I know what Three G thinks just think it would be quite petty to waste time on that). And you mention how more want it then don't. What about people like me who could not care less why waste creating a whole board section and have mods who have to try to keep the WWE section in check keep that one under control when you can attempt to speak it in the WWE universe. I don't care if they made it just feels like no point in trying.and how much activity would it have especially when 90% on this site know what goes on and knows that wrestling is fake.

And who said you can't speak Kayfabe??? Only problem is spoiler rule.

Somebody was thinking And talking Kayfabe like look how it turned out.

SPOILERS IN THE TOPIC

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/436460-with-and-now-gone-from-wwe/page__pid__8879546#entry8879546

You know how a parent tells their child that if they want the dog they'll have to take the responsibility of walking it, cleaning it, etc? well this is only a thought, but if this idea does happen maybe think about assigning mod duties to 1 or 2 people who do support the idea to take the workload off of you the rest of you guys.

Yeah we where talking about it in a topic and I personally believe It's a good idea. Talk about WWE like It's suppose to be talked about.

Also it was like say when Jericho was tormeting Punk about his family and stuff around Mania I was like "I think Jericho's gone too far with that" but then people where like "It's a storyline" and stuff and ridiculed.

And say if Khali has a match against someone, people would be like "NOOOOOO KHALI I WANT TO DIE INSTEAD OF WATCHING THIS" instead of being like say "I hope Khali gets revenge on Jinder, what Jinder did was awful".

I can see what you're getting at, but then again you could always ignore these people that you're trying to avoid, and talk in kayfabe in normal topics anyway. It's not worth its own board, but surely a topic is a compromise that won't hurt anybody.

I can see what you're getting at, but then again you could always ignore these people that you're trying to avoid, and talk in kayfabe in normal topics anyway. It's not worth its own board, but surely a topic is a compromise that won't hurt anybody.

This guy talks sense. Just give it its own topic for now, and if the topic eventually gets busy enough, give it its own forum.

Archived