Kayfabe board  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a board where you can talk in Kayfabe?

• Yes
    • No

Recently, in the thread at the bottom of the page, there has been some talk about adding another board where kayfabe talk is allowed. The main reason for this board is simple. Some people, like me, prefer to talk in Kayfabe, and there are very, very few places on the internet that allow that. If nothing else, at least give the idea of this new board a shot.

The possible layout (under wrestling chat) could be:

WWE Universe board

TNA Wrestling Board

Indy, Puroesu & Misc board

*Spoilers* Chat

*Kayfabe Chat*

So please, at least give this new board a shot, if it works, great! if it doesn't, I'll admit I was wrong and the board can be deleted. There is a poll up above this post and please leave your opinions and thoughts below on why or why not you would like this board.

EDIT: IT seems that there are a few people who are confused as to what I meant by a "Kayfabe Board". I meant that a board whee people could discuss the events of RAW, Smackdown, IMPACT Wrestling, and other other wrestling show in storyline. (ie. Anger at your favourite wrestlers getting screwed out of victories or celebrating their wins)

http://caws.ws/forum...-punk-pwi-500/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, we'd talk like we're characters?

No, we're not roleplaying, there's already a board for that. The new board I am proposing is about talking about what happened on RAW or SmackDown! or TNA or whatever wrestling company you would like in Kayfabe. You will be able to show anger at your favourite superstar being forced into handicap matches or celebrate on of their wins.

Seems pretty interesting but my only fear would be everyone wanting to be a heel (this is the internet after all) which might be kinda lame.

It is not roleplaying. It is simply a chance to dicuss the latest events of RAW, Smackdown!, IMPACT Wrestling, and any other company in Kayfabe, or storylike terms, without comments like "It's still real to you damnit!" There are no faces, no heels, the Kayfabe board will be just a board to talk about wrestling in Kayfabe.

I noticed the ammount of people voting no is going up. Would some of those people like to state their reasons? I'm not angry, I just want to know the reasons as to why you are opposed to it. :)

Seems pretty interesting but my only fear would be everyone wanting to be a heel (this is the internet after all) which might be kinda lame.

What exactly do you mean by "wanting to be a heel"? Is it lame to like bad guy wrestlers?

He means if there was a section where people played out characters, everyone would want to be a heel, thus ruining the point of the section.

What exactly do you mean by "wanting to be a heel"? Is it lame to like bad guy wrestlers?

I think that he thinks that I was talking about roleplaying. {If that makes any sense) I was talking about discussing the events of RAW and Smackdown in Kayfabe.

It's not roleplaying, that's where you're the actual wrestlers. This would be talking about what happens, but in the way WWE intends: kayfabe. So instead of being like 'Oh yeah that was a great promo by Punk, he has great mic skills!', it'd be 'man Punk is so mean, I can't believe he'd say something like that!'

It's not roleplaying, that's where you're the actual wrestlers. This would be talking about what happens, but in the way WWE intends: kayfabe. So instead of being like 'Oh yeah that was a great promo by Punk, he has great mic skills!', it'd be 'man Punk is so mean, I can't believe he'd say something like that!'

Or, "I'm glad Punk put that self righteous bitch John Cena in his place. He is a coward for walking away. When he defeats John Cena at Night of Champions, he will prove once and for all that he is the Best In the World."

This.

Or, "I'm glad Punk put that self righteous bitch John Cena in his place. He is a coward for walking away. When he defeats John Cena at Night of Champions, he will prove once and for all that he is the Best In the World."

So how is that any different than how people already act on the WWE Forum? (I'm Kidding) But I guess that clears things up a little bit for me and while I'm not sure if I would join, if people really want it then why not?

Seems like an odd thing to have a whole section for. Why not trial it in topic form (possibly pinned)?

I suppose we could, it would be surprising to see if it would actually work though.

A little update; I have taken this guy's advice and the trial topic is below:

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/436583-the-kayfabe-topic/

If we can get this trial topic to work, we wil get our own Kayfabe board.

It seems like a big waste of time making a whole new section for it, and as for posting a topic about it, I don't really see how, as you want to talk about RAW, SmackDown & PPV's, thus spoilers, meaning it can't go in the WWE Universe section.

I, personally, think it would be useless. I mean, you sometimes already talk kayfabe in the actual WWE thread in the WWE Universe section. And the whole WWE Universe -- if you think about it -- the section is part-kayfabe. You got people talking about where storylines are going and not spoiling things.

Archived