Jericho Vs. Rock- The Battle Of Public Opinion

Thr33X

Honestly, The Rock deserves to do whatever he wants.. "I want the belt in 2013".

• It's great to have an alumni like Jericho come back to put newer guys over.
  • It's great to have another alumni come back to win the WWE Championships from current lackluster top tier superstars.
  • It's great to have another superstar come back only for Wrestlemanias and put on classic matches and winning each time.

Jericho losing to midcard and uppercard talent while Taker and Rock beating the top tier guys balances out everything. Not to mention Rock disappeared for years so of course the millions.. AND MILLIONS of WWE fans want to see him with the WWE Championship one more time at least while he STILL has it. Jericho has been around much more the past few ears so it's not that big of a deal to see him win a title or beating top tier guys like Cena and Orton. It's the opposite with The Rock. People want to see him back and beating some of these guys like Cena etc.

lol I don't even see what the fuss is about though...

While Jericho is working house shows and so on (I applaud him for that), he can't draw like The Rock. Rock is bigger than the entire roster so it makes no sense to be doing matches with Ziggler, Sheamus and Daniel Bryan on a weekly basis. He has already accomplished everything in WWE 8 years ago. With that said, people miss The Rock to the point that they really don't care if he won the Royal Rumble, beat whomever at WM, buried the roster etc. Him being gone that long yet being so electrifying and in shape to this day is why people actually prefer that electrifying character known as The Rock over Cena, Punk, Orton etc. and I could care less if he buried all 3 guys within the next year. If / when he puts them over next year all the fussing will stop.

Because people feel Rock sold out by going to Hollywood, where as Jericho didn't. Personally I think that it is f*cking bullshit.

The only way Rock can silence his critics is by doing a full-time schedule, but people need to realize that this is not only unrealistic, but unlogical (is that it? Or illogical? F*ck it.) for a guy who had to do that for over 8 years to go back to it. The fact that Rock is doing matches once in a while is good enough for me. Don't forget that he has another full-time job and that he is jeopardizing it by wrestling. Rock has moved on, but still comes back to give things back for the fans. And why shouldn't he? It's not like the other veterans like Taker are doing well in terms of mobility. Austin only recently fully recovered from his shit. Edge had to retire or die. Rock is fully fit. We as wrestling fans are too selfish & inconsiderate sometimes when it comes to The Rock.

This is about Chris Jericho vs The Rock.

Simply put, The Rock has yet to put anyone over in this current run, while Chris Jericho has put people over in his past 2-3 runs. That's why I am against The Rock. I know it is unrealistic for him to come back full time, but if you don't want to get bitched for it, don't stand in the middle of the ring and bullshit it to the entire world? It's one of those things where it's like, you said it not me. The Rock said he was here to stay, nobody else. If he knew he wasn't truly going to be back to stay, why the hell would you say it and lie? I have never heard Chris Jericho make a statement like that then leave for months. He's always come back to an epic video package, put people over, leave for his music hobby. Not come back, win the title. put nobody over, leave for muisc.

I am aware what this topic is about, thank you. I explained it in my first sentence what the difference is. Rock left for Hollywood, got big there and didn't come back for 7 years. Jericho had his rock hobby going on. You said it yourself, Jericho left for his hobby. Rock left for a full-time job that pays much better and gives him a whole different career. I wonder if Jericho would come back if his Fozzy-gig turned him into an A-list musician.

Anyway, about putting people over, Rock put plenty of people over on Twitter. He even gave props to Bobby Roode. He showed appreciation for their talents. Also, he has been in one feud so far. Which was with John Cena. Another important reason why Jericho seemingly is putting more people over. Also, I don't think Rock should be putting people over, I don't think a Ziggler or a Rhodes is worthy enough to go over The Rock. And adding to that, I don't see Jericho (with all due respect of course) on the same level as Rock either.

Also, Rock never said that he was coming back full time. He said that he was coming back and was never going to leave. That's it. If you guys get mad at that, then you really need to blame yourselves for completely misinterpreting what he said. For 7 years, Rock looked to be completely done with wrestling. Completely done. Wanted nothing to do with it. People were praying for at least sporadic appearances. Rock came back and basically assured that we didn't had to wonder whether his visit was going to be his last. No more "is Rock ever coming back? Where is Rock? Why won't Rock show up?", none of that. Rocky said that he was back and was never going to leave again. Not a single word of that is a lie. How people keep bringing that up surprises me, because quite frankly, I thought you guys were smarter than that. But it got pulled horribly out of context. That is on you guys though, not on The Rock.

Also, on a different subject, why does it matter whether Rock does house shows or not? You're not going to these house shows, nor will you get to see footage of it. So why bother?

I don't care how much someone comes back, Jericho's last run's have sucked. When an old wrestler comes back, and loses all his matches, how does it benefit the other talent? He'll be one of a hundred that have beat him. Hell, a win over Ryberg is more impressive than a win over Jericho these days. This is coming from a Jericho fan!

The Rock retired in 2003. That was the last time we were supposed to see him, he didn't have to come back. Before he left, he did what all wrestlers do, and that's secure a future for new talent. He lost to men like The Hurricane, Booker T, Goldberg, etc., and passed the torch onto Brock Lesnar at Summerslam. Christian even took the name 'The New People's Champion', that's how this whole 'Peeps' thing started. He did his part, and moved on, but regardless people still wanted him back. He came back, and all of a sudden people are acting like it was him that did this for himself which is bullshit.

The Rock will sent a message via satellite, and people will complain about how much he doesn't show up. The Rock will show up, people will complain about how he's taking away the spot light from the younger talent. The Rock will make his appearances minimum and let the younger talent shine, people will complain about how much he doesn't wrestle. The Rock will come back and set a date for a match, people will claim that he doesn't 'deserve' it. People will complain about how much they're bored of John Cena, and how he always wins. The Rock comes back and finally has a fair victory over him, people will claim he has an 'ego'. The Rock will come back and help CM Punk with his heel turn, and it's not talked about. Basically, you're all bias, and no matter what he does it's never enough.

Lol. Rock comes back and automatically steals the spotlight, that's NOT what we want. We want a Rock who actually wrestles and gets into feuds that are entertaining. I'm not entertained by a 1 year build-up which when it came down to the month before WrestleMania, was a joke of a buildup. A crappy 2 minute rap, followed by a rock concert, which didn't even go over with the crowd when it came down to the Queen parody song. I didn't want The Rock back because he tried to ignore his WWE past. Hell, he's "active" for a year and 4 months, and Lesnar has been on TV more often it feels. The reasons I respect Chris Jericho, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, just to name a few is that I'm sure they all have a say in their own story lines because of their stardom, but I don't see any of them winning titles when they (besides Undertaker and ), are active the entire year. Hell, you know your ego is massive when even Triple H isn't giving himself the title.

Rock draws more than anyone on the current roster so forget about him competing every week if you have other things going on. In fact, Rock is playing it smart business-wise because he knows the less he is at a WWE event, the more anticipation it is for the people every time he returns. He has to maintain some distance from WWE to maintain that draw/ status. If he is there every week *coughs* Jericho *coughs* that draw/status/ anticipation is no longer there. When it comes time to book him for a main event and championship match it will have the universe go crazy that even fans who no longer watch WWE but are fans of Rock and Attitude Era will tune in for one night to see him win or lose. You can't say the same thing for Jericho now can you?

No issue with The Rock coming back part time. My issue is when they're planning on giving a belt to a guy who we well know won't be around like Punk or Cena would to have matches on Raw and other PPV's. He'll win it at the Rumble, won't compete in the Chamber, and drop it at Mania. I'd like to see and active champ.

I see no problem in putting up a fuss about wither guys coming back. It's just clear that Jericho is a harder worker and that is the point of this thread. Not saying these posts have not been good but when it boils down to it Jericho > The Rock because he puts more of eerything into it while The Rock days Im showing up here and here.

Simple as that But if Ypu try to argue why Two legends who found sucess in other venues get to leave thrn you are just an idiot. These guys gave all they had to to the biz and deserve what they get. If it is not Jericho putting guys over or The Rock winning the WWE title which nobody knows if he will actually show up so stop saying he wont be there. They have worked hard for it and earned it and it is their personal choice to leave and try their hand at other things. And IIRC are the obly two to break into mainstream with another Job. If anyone should be blamed go blame Vince for allowing two respected guys to come in and earn him money put on shows and risk their bodies when they do not have to. Because trust me Im sure Vince calls up The Rock before he calls him.

Lets see what othe points people made. The Rock not putting people over lol no learn your shit he has Put MANY OVER. funny cause Austin marks are the ones who always say that and don't get me started on that.

Jericho's Last run was not supposed to be him coming back and being the guy he was. It was about him coming back and making credible main eventers out Of Punk and Ziggler which he did. The Rock should put more talen over please name somebody who is not over that deserves it. Rhodes yeah the guy with no gimmick personality and obviously no trust from the WWE should go over the biggest star in history. Just face it nobody is on the level of the Dock except for you Orton and Cena's they have not really invested in guys and showed interest to put them over him. Brock Lesnar was a special case he was talented in the ring has Heyman as a mouthpeice and coule get reactions the WWE knew he was built o be a star and they Put him over The Rock. Smarks can talk about guys with potential all they want but he day I see Drew Mcyntire go over The Rock im done watching wrestling.

As for not being there to defend his belt. How about we wait to see how this pans out. Bince is a genius and he will not let hos belt take a two month trip to hollywood. As Long as he shows up twice a month I see no problems. Stop trying to find reasons to discredit him. He needs the Belt as their is nothing else for him to do except be on top. The undertaker has nothing left to do except defend his streak were are those complaints he shows up 3 days a year for christs sake. These are guys who are above all and when they show their faces it is not to be the opening match on Smackdown.

TLDR : hate the Rock and jericho for doing two jobs all you want but it is pointless. They contribute to the WWE still which you should be thankful for because they dont have to and that is all we want.

Also The Rock can do whatever the *censored* he wants because he is The *censored*ing ROCK *Censored*s.

Aorry for all the grammer punctuation issue I typed this while on my Phone in the bathroom -_-

Because people feel Rock sold out by going to Hollywood, where as Jericho didn't. Personally I think that it is f*cking bullshit.

The only way Rock can silence his critics is by doing a full-time schedule, but people need to realize that this is not only unrealistic, but unlogical (is that it? Or illogical? F*ck it.) for a guy who had to do that for over 8 years to go back to it. The fact that Rock is doing matches once in a while is good enough for me. Don't forget that he has another full-time job and that he is jeopardizing it by wrestling. Rock has moved on, but still comes back to give things back for the fans. And why shouldn't he? It's not like the other veterans like Taker are doing well in terms of mobility. Austin only recently fully recovered from his shit. Edge had to retire or die. Rock is fully fit. We as wrestling fans are too selfish & inconsiderate sometimes when it comes to The Rock.

Simply put, The Rock has yet to put anyone over in this current run, while Chris Jericho has put people over in his past 2-3 runs. That's why I am against The Rock. I know it is unrealistic for him to come back full time, but if you don't want to get bitched for it, don't stand in the middle of the ring and bullshit it to the entire world? It's one of those things where it's like, you said it not me. The Rock said he was here to stay, nobody else. If he knew he wasn't truly going to be back to stay, why the hell would you say it and lie? I have never heard Chris Jericho make a statement like that then leave for months. He's always come back to an epic video package, put people over, leave for his music hobby. Not come back, win the title. put nobody over, leave for muisc.

I am aware what this topic is about, thank you. I explained it in my first sentence what the difference is. Rock left for Hollywood, got big there and didn't come back for 7 years. Jericho had his rock hobby going on. You said it yourself, Jericho left for his hobby. Rock left for a full-time job that pays much better and gives him a whole different career. I wonder if Jericho would come back if his Fozzy-gig turned him into an A-list musician.

Anyway, about putting people over, Rock put plenty of people over on Twitter. He even gave props to Bobby Roode. He showed appreciation for their talents. Also, he has been in one feud so far. Which was with John Cena. Another important reason why Jericho seemingly is putting more people over. Also, I don't think Rock should be putting people over, I don't think a Ziggler or a Rhodes is worthy enough to go over The Rock. And adding to that, I don't see Jericho (with all due respect of course) on the same level as Rock either.

Also, Rock never said that he was coming back full time. He said that he was coming back and was never going to leave. That's it. If you guys get mad at that, then you really need to blame yourselves for completely misinterpreting what he said. For 7 years, Rock looked to be completely done with wrestling. Completely done. Wanted nothing to do with it. People were praying for at least sporadic appearances. Rock came back and basically assured that we didn't had to wonder whether his visit was going to be his last. No more "is Rock ever coming back? Where is Rock? Why won't Rock show up?", none of that. Rocky said that he was back and was never going to leave again. Not a single word of that is a lie. How people keep bringing that up surprises me, because quite frankly, I thought you guys were smarter than that. But it got pulled horribly out of context. That is on you guys though, not on The Rock.

Also, on a different subject, why does it matter whether Rock does house shows or not? You're not going to these house shows, nor will you get to see footage of it. So why bother?

I cannot believe you are even thinking about that. Jericho could easily have not come back at any time over the past 5 years. People didn't expect him to come back in 2007, but he did. People didn't expect him to come back in 2011, but he did. People like you wouldn't expect him to come back if he was a big name in the music industry, but guess what? He still would. I would bet my bottom dollar that Jericho would come back, regardless of what happened in the music industry. He's been wrestling for over 20 years. Are you really going to question his loyalty to the sport?

He also hasn't been in one feud up until now. He was feuding with Truth and Miz as well. He didn't lose to them. He has slightly feuded with Punk, and he didn't lose any momentum against him. He Rock Bottomed on D-Bryan at RAW 1000. It just seems he hasn't put over anyone, besides writing these nice messages on Twitter. I agree that Ziggler shouldn't go over Rock, but I don't think he should have gone over Jericho either. Jericho is just as bigger star in the ring as Rock is. It would be interesting to hear who you think IS at Rock's level though.

I cannot believe you are even thinking about that. Jericho could easily have not come back at any time over the past 5 years. People didn't expect him to come back in 2007, but he did. People didn't expect him to come back in 2011, but he did. People like you wouldn't expect him to come back if he was a big name in the music industry, but guess what? He still would. I would bet my bottom dollar that Jericho would come back, regardless of what happened in the music industry. He's been wrestling for over 20 years. Are you really going to question his loyalty to the sport?

He also hasn't been in one feud up until now. He was feuding with Truth and Miz as well. He didn't lose to them. He has slightly feuded with Punk, and he didn't lose any momentum against him. He Rock Bottomed on D-Bryan at RAW 1000. It just seems he hasn't put over anyone, besides writing these nice messages on Twitter. I agree that Ziggler shouldn't go over Rock, but I don't think he should have gone over Jericho either. Jericho is just as bigger star in the ring as Rock is. It would be interesting to hear who you think IS at Rock's level though.

Loyalty in general doesn't exist. I'm not questioning Jericho's loyalty anymore than people are questioning Rock's loyalty because he got a better deal. If Jericho got somewhere with his music and I mean further than Dancing With The Stars, you think we would have seen him back as frequently as now? Not a chance.

Rock vs. Miz/Truth was part of Rock vs. Cena. The entire time, it was only about Rock & Cena. Also about the Punk-thing, first of all, that hasn't even started properly yet. Second of all, did you forget when Rock attacked Punk's with his chin? Rock got K.O.'d by CM Punk. Yes, he gave the Rock Bottom to Bryan, but for Bryan, being in a segment with The Great One alone is already putting him over and giving him tons of needed exposure.

Out of the current roster, only Triple H and John Cena are on his level. And The Undertaker, if he is not dead yet. Rock is a legend (or a bonus endboss, might use that more often if it catches on). Jericho, despite his immense qualities, has through-out his career been used as nothing more as a upper-midcarder. They never thought about putting him in the main-event ever since losing the Undisputed Championship. In his second run, he got two (?) title runs, but then soon was hanging around in the tag-team division, fighting for the INtercontinental Title (with some very good matches).

Third run, he fought with Punk, got swept aside, then feuded with Ziggler where they let him win "the big one", because their idea of winning the big one is winning the opening match at some PPV against a guy whose only world title run lasted 8 minutes.

Simply put, looking at both careers, it makes more sense for Jericho to put people over, because he hasn't been booked nearly as strong as Rock. It's easy for Jericho, he has been losing his whole career. Just like Kane by the way. When Rock has to put somebody, they better have to put some real thought into it, or else it is going to look stupid and a bit disrespectful to The Rock.

Only people in the WWE on the Rock level are Triple H, Cena, Jericho, Punk, Orton, The UnderTaker, Lensar, And maybe Daniel bryan since he is the most popular wrestler right now.

No other guy is capable of being put over are in a feud with The Rock. They either do not draw enough are not popular enough are just not ready. This guy is the biggest star in WWE history you have to keep that in mind. He will not be coming back for a feud with Someone like Cesearo or etc.

To follow up on Jiggy's post, kirky...you're opinion is purely speculative. The last thing you can say to actually make a point is "I bet", because you're going off of something that you have no idea whether or not would happen or not. There's no way you can say if Jericho became a triple platinum recording artist that he would return in the same capacity as he has, or even in the same frequency as The Rock. No way at all.

And Pyrochemical...this "we" you speak of...let's be realistic...is you. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to be the voice of the people. The fact that you come off as the very ignorant ranting that I speak of in general towards the Rock in my opening post gets augmented by the fact that you somehow believe the whole IWC/WWE Universe shares you're opinion. You're best suited just leaving this thread alone, pal.

To follow up on Jiggy's post, kirky...you're opinion is purely speculative. The last thing you can say to actually make a point is "I bet", because you're going off of something that you have no idea whether or not would happen or not. There's no way you can say if Jericho became a triple platinum recording artist that he would return in the same capacity as he has, or even in the same frequency as The Rock. No way at all.

And Pyrochemical...this "we" you speak of...let's be realistic...is you. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to be the voice of the people. The fact that you come off as the very ignorant ranting that I speak of in general towards the Rock in my opening post gets augmented by the fact that you somehow believe the whole IWC/WWE Universe shares you're opinion. You're best suited just leaving this thread alone, pal.

You didn't need to bust out the carbon footprint of CM Punk's promo.

Seriously though, Chris Jericho > The Rock because he is overall more dedicated to the sport. This involves knowing his place, doing what he has to do to build the future of the WWE's roster, make others look good by putting on great quality matches, etc.

EDIT: Personally, I enjoyed CM Punk vs Chris Jericho more than I did The Rock vs John Cena at WM28.

You didn't need to bust out the carbon footprint of CM Punk's promo.

Seriously though, Chris Jericho > The Rock because he is overall more dedicated to the sport. This involves knowing his place, doing what he has to do to build the future of the WWE's roster, make others look good by putting on great quality matches, etc.

EDIT: Personally, I enjoyed CM Punk vs Chris Jericho more than I did The Rock vs John Cena at WM28.

As has been stated already, Jericho's capacity and role in the current WWE and The Rock's are two completely different purposes altogether. Never once did you hear Rock say he came back to help push younger talent. That might have came out of Chris' mouth, but not Dwayne's. WWE too never said anything to the tune of Rock being around for the purpose of putting anyone over. Not Cena, not Punk, nobody.

In fact, the only thing Rock made clear was that he loved the business, and he loved his fans. Those are the sole reasons why he chose to return. Business and the millions...and millions who still enjoy him doing what he does. Now if you're not one of them then that's your own business...but don't even dare attack Rock's or anyone's dedication, commitment or knowing of his place in the pecking order so to speak. Dwayne Johnson knows his role...and so does WWE. That's why he's got a title shot at the Royal Rumble. You might not like it for whatever reasons you have, personal, professional, factual or frivolous, but the bottom line is that The Rock is doing what he said he came back to do, not what you want for him to do.

Archived