Universe Mode - Wish List (maybe someone can confirm)

Evofit

I'm guessing it will mostly be the same as last years, If it's the same design but working correctly this time that would be a step forward. Anything else added will be a bonus, because of the quality of this years roster I actually have more plans for story creator than I do for Universe mode.

What Universe mode 3.0 needs more than anything is the feeling of excitement the real WWE gives you. Example when you watch a Real WWE PPV and it finishes you think to yourself i cannot wait to see what happens on Raw tomorrow night. that is the sort of feeling it needs to capture. but at the same time if they did capture that level of excitement whatever did happen the next night on Raw needs to make sense. Say you just finished summerslam and the Miz just lost a title match to Cena. the next night on raw i want to be seeing cutscenes of him demanding a re match. its no good just having Random cutscenes break out for no reason. if they did manage to capture the excitement the real wwe gives you then this would be 1 hell of a addictive Universe Mode. but if it turns out like universe mode2.0 THEN GOD BLESS THQ

What Universe mode 3.0 needs more than anything is the feeling of excitement the real WWE gives you. Example when you watch a Real WWE PPV and it finishes you think to yourself i cannot wait to see what happens on Raw tomorrow night. that is the sort of feeling it needs to capture. but at the same time if they did capture that level of excitement whatever did happen the next night on Raw needs to make sense. Say you just finished summerslam and the Miz just lost a title match to Cena. the next night on raw i want to be seeing cutscenes of him demanding a re match. its no good just having Random cutscenes break out for no reason. if they did manage to capture the excitement the real wwe gives you then this would be 1 hell of a addictive Universe Mode. but if it turns out like universe mode2.0 THEN GOD BLESS THQ

i love your idea, it would make universe mode so much better

First of all, last year we didn't hear anything about Universe mode until just a few weeks before the release. In fact, it was the last thing we heard about. It'll probably be the same way this year, and last year they did add a number of features to it so why they chose to wait I don't know and I figure they'll do the same thing this time.

So this year I'm expecting some additions on top of what we can already do. When I think about what they added to it last year, here's what I'm predicting:

They took a poll that seemed to indicate that they wanted to add elements of GM mode to it. Also, the attitude era mode focuses a little bit on the Monday Night ratings wars. These two things make me think that they will add the ability to put two shows on one day and have them compete, or not if you choose not to. They might also let us put shows on every day, except Sunday of course because that's reserved for the PPV's.

It was heavily requested that we be able to 'reset' or clear the mode and be able to edit each show before playing the matches. They'll probably put these in, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Within the elements of GM mode, they'll probably bring back wrestler popularity and show ratings, hopefully implemented a little better than what they were in the older games, especially show ratings.

They might have also changed the way remarkable matches work, since that was a heavy criticism as well, but I honestly don't think that they have improved how the cutscenes work. I bet that remains largely the same.

Pretty much this would be awesome if universe mode created feuds / had backstage promos and wasn't just random cutscenes. I'd also like to be able to edit full cards, Select default attires, History for the whole roster and being able to take out the Divas belt for another midcard title.

All I really want is the ability to lock a person into a certain division. I hate when I try to push a tag team and all of a sudden both guys are at the top of the WWE title picture.

We should able to assign who is a main eventer. Who is a mid carder and so on and so fourth.

Agree with what you said, this NEEDS to be done.

I want more cutscenes and the ability to trigger them. I want to be able to have a character go out to the ring and do a call-out, or interrupt, etc. Kind of like Raw/Raw2 for XBox, but also with cutscenes that go on on their own. Anyone remember Smackdown 2 on the PS1?

I also want more matches, but to also be able to see cutscenes that happen if you skip a match, which you could do in some previous games as well.

i suppose if they do allow us to to edit the match card before the show intro they could have it say this on the back of the games case

UNIVERSE MODE 3.0 its your show now

( it only took 3 years to get to this basic stage) but we got their in the end better late than never ay

First of all, last year we didn't hear anything about Universe mode until just a few weeks before the release. In fact, it was the last thing we heard about. It'll probably be the same way this year, and last year they did add a number of features to it so why they chose to wait I don't know and I figure they'll do the same thing this time.

So this year I'm expecting some additions on top of what we can already do. When I think about what they added to it last year, here's what I'm predicting:

They took a poll that seemed to indicate that they wanted to add elements of GM mode to it. Also, the attitude era mode focuses a little bit on the Monday Night ratings wars. These two things make me think that they will add the ability to put two shows on one day and have them compete, or not if you choose not to. They might also let us put shows on every day, except Sunday of course because that's reserved for the PPV's.

It was heavily requested that we be able to 'reset' or clear the mode and be able to edit each show before playing the matches. They'll probably put these in, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Within the elements of GM mode, they'll probably bring back wrestler popularity and show ratings, hopefully implemented a little better than what they were in the older games, especially show ratings.

They might have also changed the way remarkable matches work, since that was a heavy criticism as well, but I honestly don't think that they have improved how the cutscenes work. I bet that remains largely the same.

i never participated in the poll, but some of the things people asked for sound awesome, if they implemented them into universe mode, it would be great. which means they won,t of course

Pretty much this would be awesome if universe mode created feuds / had backstage promos and wasn't just random cutscenes. I'd also like to be able to edit full cards, Select default attires, History for the whole roster and being able to take out the Divas belt for another midcard title.

i agree, i don,t use the divas so having the ability to remove the divas belt from the rankings would be good

Okay the *censored*ing Miz is a free agent but he attacks my whole roster before every match. Sure this could be a cool Kevin Steen-ish/Nexus-ish/Truth&Miz-ish rogue type storyline but I have no control over it and it pisses me off.

I would love to edit every match on the card before playing it.

More matches on shows.

Ability to add more shows to the week and what days shows should be on.

More cutscenes.

Sticking someone in ONE Title rank but still let winning multiple belts at the same time possible.

Stop asking to form a team after just one tag match.

Stats such how many reigns a superstar has had, wins/losses, what type of matches and how many matches they've been in.

When I make someone a free agent, I want them to stay that way until I change that.

#1 Contender's Matches to actually matter. I beat Orton for a WWE Champ match and he's in the match anyway.

Qualifying matches for MITB, EC, and Scramble. And maybe RR.

Injuries happen a little too often then they should. Make it so that we know how to injure someone in-game so we can avoid it make some injuries able to be played through with maybe that limb or whatever on Red for every match until they heal.

I think all of this is possible and if it's in this year then I'll be set.

First,add up to 7 matches per Raw,SD 9 per PPV and 11 at Wrestlemania.Also like someone posted there should be something like a feud editor.Like an extra spot at Universe mode.Choose the man you want,when it ends and let the computer book it but in a logical way.E.g. Not book tag team with Randy Orton(face) teams up with Hunico(heel) versus Batista(face) and Del Rio(heel).

Last year they provided ppv name templates to customise ppv on your calendar, yet the intro is announced...."and now wwe presents Over the limit" instead of my requested Armageddon. Strange to provide half of a feature that is wwe licensed.

Also as previously suggested setting custom themes for shows would be sweet!

Promos and feud editors even as primitive as raw 2 would be a better option than the thrown together feuds and cutscenes, I found every 3rd or so rivalry actually in tune to my show or the title picture.

Last year they provided ppv name templates to customise ppv on your calendar, yet the intro is announced...."and now wwe presents Over the limit" instead of my requested Armageddon. Strange to provide half of a feature that is wwe licensed.

Also as previously suggested setting custom themes for shows would be sweet!

Promos and feud editors even as primitive as raw 2 would be a better option than the thrown together feuds and cutscenes, I found every 3rd or so rivalry actually in tune to my show or the title picture.

Yeah those intros didn't make much sense. On top of that, the theme song of the show couldn't be changed either so it makes me think they didn't exactly complete their work when it came to editing a show.

i do not agree with the idea of having diy options (gm mode options) in universe mode either. to me that comes across as THQ saying we cannot be bothered to programme universe mode to be intelligent enough to understand what is going on. so we will take the easy way out with that 1 and give you the tools to do that job yourself instead.

i do not agree with the idea of having diy options (gm mode options) in universe mode either. to me that comes across as THQ saying we cannot be bothered to programme universe mode to be intelligent enough to understand what is going on. so we will take the easy way out with that 1 and give you the tools to do that job yourself instead.

I agree with this. The main premise of the mode is to do all of that for you. It's as simple as the user setting rivals and the program booking it properly. I don't mind having the option to change whatever is booked, but don't give us the blank slate in the first place.

Universe if too random and has too much control tbh, I would like to be able to just lock onto one character and not care about the other ones.

I would like to be able to just lock onto one character and not care about the other ones.

yes but if it went in that direction they might aswell rename it back to season mode

because then it would going in the complete opposite direction of what the universe mode is supposed to be about

All I really want is the ability to lock a person into a certain division. I hate when I try to push a tag team and all of a sudden both guys are at the top of the WWE title picture.

We should able to assign who is a main eventer. Who is a mid carder and so on and so fourth.

Agreed that made me mad in WWE 12

Agreed that made me mad in WWE 12

Yeah well it made me mad in SVR '11 and even more mad in WWE 12 when they didn't take the time to realize it was kind of a big problem.

Archived