WWE.com Name Their Top 50 Villians in Wrestling History

V to I

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batista makes this list, but no Regal? Not even. (leaves thread)

Batista does deserve to be on that list though. Nowhere near number 1, but he was definetly a villain. During his Evolution days, and even moreso during his late heel run, he really was a great heel. The fans hated him. Whether you think that's because of how he is in real life or not, he was still the best heel in the company during his WWE title run.

Batista does deserve to be on that list though. Nowhere near number 1, but he was definetly a villain. During his Evolution days, and even moreso during his late heel run, he really was a great heel. The fans hated him. Whether you think that's because of how he is in real life or not, he was still the best heel in the company during his WWE title run.

Batista in Evolution was just "the muscle". He wasn't even in Evolution for a while because of injury, and he didn't make too much of a difference when he returned. He grew as a persona under HHH and Flair make no mistake, but he wasn't his own man...just an "enforcer". And let's not talk about his "Where's My Spotlight" gimmick. That was ridiculous. I couldn't buy him as a monster heel like they tried to push him as. In my opinion, Batista's shining moments were as a face.

Batista in Evolution was just "the muscle". He wasn't even in Evolution for a while because of injury, and he didn't make too much of a difference when he returned. He grew as a persona under HHH and Flair make no mistake, but he wasn't his own man...just an "enforcer". And let's not talk about his "Where's My Spotlight" gimmick. That was ridiculous. I couldn't buy him as a monster heel like they tried to push him as. In my opinion, Batista's shining moments were as a face.

Definetly. Most people seem to think his best moments were during his last run, but all he was, was a jobber to Cena (as much as I hate to admit it). I loved his promo's during that that time though. I think that's what makes me think he deserves a spot on this list. He did draw a great reaction as well.

You are also correct about his Evolution days. He was just an enforcer, but I think that's what made me enjoy his last run even more. He got a unique gimmick, and wanted the spotlight to be on him. I think someone who had a character like that, and who played that part as well as he did, should get a mention when it comes to best villain.

For some reason, his last gimmick reminded me too much of Raven's gimmick in WCW. ("What About Me?") It took an otherwise bad-ass wrestler and make them into a crybaby. I guess it should get some mention because he got heat from the fans for it, but to put that over everything that Regal's done to the point where he's not on that list at all ruins all credibility for it in my view, no matter how many deserving people are on it still. Granted, I'm not even a huge Regal fan, but if anyone was a villain, it was him. He even wore the word VILLAIN on his trunks...I mean, c'mon WWE. Really? Really?

For some reason, his last gimmick reminded me too much of Raven's gimmick in WCW. ("What About Me?") It took an otherwise bad-ass wrestler and make them into a crybaby. I guess it should get some mention because he got heat from the fans for it, but to put that over everything that Regal's done to the point where he's not on that list at all ruins all credibility for it in my view, no matter how many deserving people are on it still. Granted, I'm not even a huge Regal fan, but if anyone was a villain, it was him. He even wore the word VILLAIN on his trunks...I mean, c'mon WWE. Really? Really?

Even though I think he should get a mention as one of the top villains, I still disliked the send-off they gave to him. In a wheelchair, complaining about everything. That is no way to send out one of your biggest stars, second only to Cena.

I think Regal should have been on the list instead of Vickie. Granted, Vickie draws massive heat, but I wouldn't say she's a villain. She's not evil in any way. She just attracts more heat than anyone else because of her catchphrase mixed with her voice.

Archived