The Official No Surrender PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....da heck was this all about??

Joe vs Hardy was decent.. 3 or 4 what I call "overbooking torpedoes" in Storm vs Bully Ray.. Daniels/Kazarian vs AJ/Angle, great match aside for ending.. Didn't pay much to T vs T or really Ion vs Dutt... Aries vs A&8 guy, was what you expected......... then the main event..... Oh we bring out Hogan for WHAT exactly? To start giving Bully Ray a spe*cue Hardy's music for him to actually come out now*.. and yeah the finishers in this match were really spammed.. to the point of after that last twist of fate, I was hoping he'd just pin him..... and then Hardy wins...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing..

Bookers had a FIELD day with this one. Reminds me of Lockdown...

The PPV was pretty good, not nearly as good as a lot of the others TNA have been putting on as of late but for what it's worth it was still decent. The only thing that annoyed me was the fact that the crowd were literally dead for the Flux Capacitor, I haven't seen that move in years and I was pretty much marking out for it, only wish the crowd were a little more excited too.

Good PPV, I can see Aces and 8's or Bully Ray attacking Hardy again and being 'Injured' for a few months which would mean Bully Ray would take his place at Bound For Glory. Bully would win the Title and hold the title until February or March where he would lose to a returning Hardy. Just a thought.

I really don't understand why they had Hardy win. Bully is the one they wanted tied down to a contract and they shit on him once they tied him down to it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Jeff Hardy, but I feel the BFG series should be like KOTR where they push a mid carder on to the next level like they did with Bobby Roode last year. Hardy's career didn't need this win. Bully's did.

I'm just ticked off that they do this teasing with the build-up to Bound for Glory like they did with Lockdown promoting Storm.. Which yeah, would be the obvious winner but then why do all this teasing and building up... "Roode turned on his former tag partner and took the world title from him.." etc.. all leading up to Lockdown.. Storm lost the match, took time off to "ponder whether he still has it for the business!" Comes back at Slammiversary hot as fire and starts a HUGE lead in the Bound for Glory series... Only to end up having THREE total referee bumps and Roode coming in with the beer bottle shot. Yeah, their match is going to be brutal (unless that's another tease like these past two examples), but for a less gain.. no world title..

I wouldn't have minded Bully Ray winning the BfG series, but they had Hardy win it in sort of a deflated way. It seemed like he was just repeating stuff over and over when I think everyone was ready for the end of the match to be done after the first or second Swanton. The Hogan/Bully Ray interaction was interesting at first.. I thought Hogan was going to accuse Bully Ray of being part of Aces and Eights but then here comes Hardy out and what was the point of that really?

I will admit that my partial argument is due to me being a Storm mark, but hey... If you're gonna do all that teasing and build-up of a story/angle/ppv match but don't follow through THEN DO THE SAME THING AGAIN... Come on...

I'm just ticked off that they do this teasing with the build-up to Bound for Glory like they did with Lockdown promoting Storm.. Which yeah, would be the obvious winner but then why do all this teasing and building up... "Roode turned on his former tag partner and took the world title from him.." etc.. all leading up to Lockdown.. Storm lost the match, took time off to "ponder whether he still has it for the business!" Comes back at Slammiversary hot as fire and starts a HUGE lead in the Bound for Glory series... Only to end up having THREE total referee bumps and Roode coming in with the beer bottle shot. Yeah, their match is going to be brutal (unless that's another tease like these past two examples), but for a less gain.. no world title..

I wouldn't have minded Bully Ray winning the BfG series, but they had Hardy win it in sort of a deflated way. It seemed like he was just repeating stuff over and over when I think everyone was ready for the end of the match to be done after the first or second Swanton. The Hogan/Bully Ray interaction was interesting at first.. I thought Hogan was going to accuse Bully Ray of being part of Aces and Eights but then here comes Hardy out and what was the point of that really?

I will admit that my partial argument is due to me being a Storm mark, but hey... If you're gonna do all that teasing and build-up of a story/angle/ppv match but don't follow through THEN DO THE SAME THING AGAIN... Come on...

The James Storm/Booby Roode feud has gone past the world title. Since Lockdown, they have built it to be personal now.

Haven't seen it yet still, but why Jeff Hardy? He doesn't deserve it yet.He royally f**ked them at victory road... they bring him back, he apologizes, and boom he's right back on top?!?...Bully Ray or Storm should've won it. I don't get why Hardy won lol, as has been said already "he didn't deserve it". Other dudes have been busting their asses the WHOLE time while Hardy was no-showing PPVs and messed up on the stuff. Good for him that he got clean and "turned his life around" and all that...but he doesn't deserve to be handed the top spot so soon. I need to watch it lol. The whole thing makes no freaking sense, it like I don't believe it but it happened lol.

Obviously, he sells tickets lol. I understand he is over and all that. On paper, sure it makes sense. Factoring in the storylines and what not from the other point of view though, and its not as "logical" a choice/decision imo. I still haven't seen the PPV though so I only know what I've read about it. That said, it seemed a bit cluster****ish from what I've heard so far lol.

Jeff Hardy is lucky he is even getting an apparent push, if he screws up again he might as well be a black stain in the history books. He better make good with the generosity TNA is giving him.

Truth. That's kinda my "point" if I was making one lol. Maybe there being a bit "too generous"? Guess we'll see.

Jeff Hardy is gonna get the whole redemption story, he had his downfall, the last year has been his rise and now he'll get one more shot at the big one come BFG with A Double. That's basically gonna be his whole storyline, and while I don't agree with that or am a fan of it, it's what is probably gonna happen.

Now, I'm hoping that if he wins from Aries, or even in the build to the match, we don't get what we're getting in WWE, where the champion goes heel (Punk/Aries) because of who he's facing (Cena/Hardy) because I feel like that's a possibility, but we'll have to see.

Jeff Hardy is gonna get the whole redemption story, he had his downfall, the last year has been his rise and now he'll get one more shot at the big one come BFG with A Double. That's basically gonna be his whole storyline, and while I don't agree with that or am a fan of it, it's what is probably gonna happen.

I figured the whole Redemption story would have been his match against Roode, but they were building up Roode/Storm (then let the wind out of it in one fell swoop.......... SORRY.. not gonna rant.. lol).. I kinda feel like the whole thing with Hardy is done and over with and this stuff at No Surrender just seems out of the blue.

I figured the whole Redemption story would have been his match against Roode, but they were building up Roode/Storm (then let the wind out of it in one fell swoop.......... SORRY.. not gonna rant.. lol).. I kinda feel like the whole thing with Hardy is done and over with and this stuff at No Surrender just seems out of the blue.

When Aries won the belt, it pretty much made the BFG anybody's game, really, because before it, Storm/Roode was a lock. But Aries winning it, that was the game changer, and so it really made it to the point where I saw a few possible roads they could've gone down:

Vs. AJ Styles, where the story is that it's Mr. TNA, the guy who's (arguably) been the face of TNA since the start, taking on maybe the fastest rising superstar TNA's ever had, and a guy who wants to be synonymous with the TNA brand. Plus, you could work in the story that now that all of Daniels and Kazarian's distractions are handled, it's all about business for AJ, and he's now 100% focused on the TNA title. And it would've been a nice nod to the little battle they had a few months ago on iMPACT.

Or, Vs. Angle, where it's more simple in that Kurt, wanting to prove that despite not making it into the Olympics, he could still hang with the young lions today, goes up against arguably the best in the game today for the big one.

Or vs. Bob Rob Van Dam, where the story is that RVD, after waiting two years, has finally gotten the shot at the World title he never lost, and is determined to get it back no matter what.

Hell, I thought the best option (and the one I thought we'd have seen Sunday) was Bully Ray winning, and eventually being revealed as behind/apart of Aces and Eights, using their help and that momentum to eventually and finally win the big one.

I mean, overall, I'm disappointed with Jeff winning, but I can see a story for it. I really hope it doesn't screw Aries over though.

Archived