Favorite WWF/E Era

XXX.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people are gonna say Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression as most members are in their late teens or early 20s, and these are the eras they watched when they were growing up, thus they have the fondest memories of those eras 'cos they watched them as a kid and not a smark.

The Rock'N'Wrestling era (1984-1990)

there were 3-5 PPV's a year which gave the fueds better and proper builds. and they were interesting

and you had guys like: Randy'Macho Man'Savage, Hulk Hogan, 'Rowdy'Roddy Piper, Andre The Giant,Mr.Perfect Curt Henning, Jake'The Snake'Roberts,Ricky';The Dragon'Steanboat, 'Ravising'Rick Rude and more

a REAL tagteam division with: The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, Demolition, The Killer Bees,The U.S Express, Stike Force, The Bolsheviks, The Can-Am Connection, The Young Stallions, The Fabulous Rougeaus,The Islanders,The Dream Team.

what kind of teams do we have now? two random guys thrown together.

The New generation era for sure with the likes of Razor, Shawn Micheals, 123 Kid and a bunch of others. The matches were entertaining, the storylines and characters were over the top but seemed so real at the same time. For me it was everything you want in Professional Wrestling all rolled into one.

The Rock'N'Wrestling era (1984-1990)

there were 3-5 PPV's a year which gave the fueds better and proper builds. and they were interesting

and you had guys like: Randy'Macho Man'Savage, Hulk Hogan, 'Rowdy'Roddy Piper, Andre The Giant,Mr.Perfect Curt Henning, Jake'The Snake'Roberts,Ricky';The Dragon'Steanboat, 'Ravising'Rick Rude and more

a REAL tagteam division with: The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, Demolition, The Killer Bees,The U.S Express, Stike Force, The Bolsheviks, The Can-Am Connection, The Young Stallions, The Fabulous Rougeaus,The Islanders,The Dream Team.

what kind of teams do we have now? two random guys thrown together.

They are called WWE original teams. ... The most teams are just "randomly thrown together" . But look at teams like WGTT, Awesome Truth, DX, etc.

All just thrown together

1)Attitude Era- because of Austin, Rock, Taker and The Monday Night Wars for me

2)Ruthless Agression Era- because of Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar and Thuganomics/Heel Cena

3)Golden Era- because of Hogan (brother), Junkyard Dog, Ultimate Warrior

In that order.

Attitude Era cause I grew up with it.

I know everyone says it's overrated, but looking at these posts, I could say the same for Ruthless Aggression. lol

52023611.png

I liked 2002 - 2008, but saw it more like a transition. WWE didn't know where it was headed, as it was the end of an era, and it lost men like Stone Cold and The Rock.

There wasn't a main man, and bounced from men like Triple H, The Undertaker, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, then settled for Brock Lesnar who then left, to then find John Cena.

To me it was what the Next Generation Era was to the Attitude Era. It was a nice era, but like a said, more like a transition to the next.

The golden era because you had real wrestlers and not nobodies like era other era was.

And the territorial system. A place where some of the guys would take their gimmicks, home their craft and come to the big leagues all prepared for the next big step.

Truthfully, all of these eras had at least one year or two that made them stand out for me.

Golden - 1992 (I consider that era to end in 1992, not 1990)

New Gen - 1996 and 1997 (when Vince finally gave in and slowly changed his product)

Attitude - 1998 and 2000 (the beginning was good, 1999 was horrible and 2000 was amazing)

Ruthless - 2002 (Paul Heyman and SmackDown)

PG - 2008

Ruthless Aggression era (But Id count it from 2002-2008). Especially 2002 and 2003. Smackdown was on fire that year. And Im one of the few people who loved HHH's long World title reign and Bischoff in charge of RAW.

Then later on there were so many other cool moments. The reformation of ECW, the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy feud, Benoit & Guerreros title wins, JBLs title reign, the return of Deadman Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, Goldberg debuting in WWE, Evolution, nWo... The whole era was cool, but 2002/2003 were extra special.

Loved the Monday Night Wars era, both WWF with the Attitude era and WCW with the nWo storyline were great in the late 90's.

But my favorite period was roughly 1988-1992. Hogan, Warrior, Savage, DiBiase, Andre, Rude, Perfect, Demolition, Legion of Doom, etc.. those were the days!!

/\ I'm flabbergasted. One reason is that a lot of folk on here are a lot younger than me and said folk remember 'Ruthless Aggression' as their golden era. I'm not slagging off people's opinions, I respect them, but for me 'Ruthless Aggression' was dull and disjointed.

I agree. I thought it was lame, and it's when wrestling got boring after it was exciting must see tv during the Monday Night Wars. But I'd still watch that era over current WWE..

Since everyone in the "Austin Toned Down" thread (WWE 13' section) are arguing about what era was better (Attitude Era or PG Era), I decided to make a thread for people to discuss what their favorite WWF/WWE Era really was. Please keep it flame free. Respect each others opinions so this doesn't have to get closed.

Below, I've listed the era's and their highlights as best as I could. Begin.

Golden Era (1980-1990)

• Founding of Titan Sports
  • Inaugural WrestleMania
  • Hogan, Andre The Giant and Randy Savage
  • Wrestlemania VI ("end of an era")

New Generation Era (1990-1996)

• Wrestlemania IX
  • The debut of Monday Night RAW
  • Bischoff declares war on WWF
  • Debut of Nitro
  • N.W.O Debut
  • Rating Struggles

Attitude Era (1996-2002)

• Montreal Screwjob
  • The Rock debuts
  • DX is formed
  • McMahon vs Austin
  • Mankind wins WWF Championship
  • Smackdown! debuts
  • WWF Purchases WCW
  • Shane McMahon announced owner of WCW
  • Invasion Storyline

Ruthless Aggression Era (2002-2008)

• WWF split's into 2 brands
  • Lottery Draft
  • The Rock leaves to become an actor.
  • Triple H becomes face of the company.
  • Evolution is formed.
  • Eric Bischoff becomes GM of RAW
  • Newer stars take over (Cena, Batista, Orton, Mysterio, RVD, Edge, Guerrero)
  • Cena becomes face of WWE
  • Cena vs Orton feud begins

PG Era (2008-Present)

• WWE Shifts to friendlier content.
  • Becomes "TV PG"
  • Cena and Orton dominate WWE Programming.
  • RVD, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Hogan and more go to TNA.
  • Bret Hart returns
  • TNA tries "Monday Night Wars"
  • HBK Retires
  • The Rock returns and hosts Wrestleamania XXVII
  • The Rock costs Cena the main event.
  • Rock vs Cena at Wrestlemania XXVIII was announced.
  • Punk shoots on WWE.
  • Punk becomes one of the faces of WWE.
  • Edge forced to retire.
  • People Power Storyline takes place.
  • End of an Era Match (Taker vs HHH III)
  • Rock defeats Cena at Wrestlemania.
  • Cena defeats John Lauranitis and ends the "People Power" storyline.
  • RAW 1000th episode declares new RAW GM.
  • Smackdown! gets a new GM.

By the way, the Golden era was not 1980-1990. Hogan was in the AWA in the early 80's. It was roughly 1985-1992. Yeah, Hogan lost the belt in 1990, but it wasn't an "end of an era" he was still in main events for the rest of 1990, and won the belt back in 1991.

The New generation era didn't really start until 1993, when Hogan left for good (until WCW closed), they ended Saturday Night's Main Event, started Monday Night Raw, and started pushing Bret Hart as their top guy.

I'd say it was roughly:

1985-92: Golden era

1993-97: New Generation era

1998-02: Attitude era

The Attitude Era! Followed by, The PG era! There have been some awesome moments in the PG era in my opinion

-The CM Punk, Jeff Hardy Fued

-The Nexus invades RAW

-CM Punks shoot on WWE

Those are some of my favorite moments!

Then it'd be the Ruthless Aggression Era! :)

PG is the TV rating, not the name of the Era. You could go with Entertaiment Era or Reality Era or something like that...

I mean... we don't call the AE the Swearing Era, do we?

Now we're in the "Tout Era" :hqhq:

But seriously it feels like a Social Media Era aka Reality Era.

Archived