This or S:LOW??

LuisTX85

With the whole Attitude Era thing in WWE'13 I've been feeling like going back to an All-Legends game,I had this game and actually felt it was a BIT underrated But I also feel like going back to Showdown:Legends of Wrestling as I also thought that game was underrated!!

I can just get both But I feel like just getting one old Legends game since I might also get SvR2007 again and already have All Stars&WWE'12 But'13 soon!

IF you saw LOWM&Showdown at a store and felt like getting one of them..Which game would you go with?

Depends on what your opinion is on quicktime events, If you don't mind them, LOWM could be fine for you. I believe Showdown has a larger roster and has the old Nitro commentary team back together (Heenan, Schavione (sp?), and Zbyszko). I'd suggest looking up some gameplay videos for each before you make your decision.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What system? I'm not sure about Xboxs, but for PS2, go with Showdown and for PS3 go with WrestleMania

I just got WWE 13 and have been playing that, but before that, I had gotten back into Legends of WrestleMania and even though the gameplay wasn't the greatest, the nostalgia factor makes the game great for me.

I still think it has the best CAW mode of any wrestling game, even though you can only create one attire. They have so many Legends-based items that they took out in future CAW modes.. Guys that were missing from the game like Randy Savage, Ax, Smash, Crush, Earthquake, Tugboat, Rick Martel, Texas Tornado, Ricky Steamboat, old school surfer Sting, etc, I've got 100% perfect CAWs of them. Since the game included Attitude era guys Austin and Rock, I also included Monday Night Wars era wrestlers like Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, "Crow" gimmick Sting, Goldberg, Mick Foley, etc. Not to mention the actual in game wreslters like Hogan, Warrior, Perfect, Rude, DiBiase, Andre, Hawk, Animal, etc. I didn't really need Michael Hayes in the game, but other than that, I love the roster. Personally, I love the game.

Showdown was great, too. If my PS2 was still hooked up, I'd still be playing it probably. The roster was probably the best ever for a video game. It wasn't just WWE focused, so you got things like AWA attire for Hogan and the Road Warriors attire for Hawk and Animal instead of just their Legion of Doom attires. The only problem with this game was that the CAW mode sucked so you couldn't really add any wrestlers and it was on the older generation of consoles, so you couldn't do things like add custom music. But I loved that game, too. The gameplay was glitched and it was obviously rushed, but it was still pretty fun.

Showdowns cool for creating almost anyone because of all the call names there are, they practically got everyone in wrestling history in there. Not to mention CAW parts for guys like Doink, Undertaker, Kane and Y2J but the gameplay didn't do it for me. LOWM was a bit more entertaining for me even if the gameplay still sucked compared to other wrestling games. Also the fact that you can import the entire roster from SvR '09, including all their intros and moves just by putting the disc in once and creating a game save for it is a major plus.

Archived