WWE Show Discussion

Attitude Adjusted

Like since he has come to the WWE other yhen his Car and personal rong announcer what has he done to improve his rich gimmick. The "Im better then you" crap has gotten old. So your plan would be smart to increase/add some diversity to a stale Del Rio.
Maybe have him hire Brodus Clay (and thus turn him heel) again or Mason Ryan. Or maybe both? Maybe not to wrestle his matches, but to interfere and assault his enemies? Would give him heat and much needed momentum going into SS.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're on the subject of what to do with Del Rio, I had an Idea of what to do with him for a while now:

Have Del Rio form a stable of his "Employees", a brief list of how it would work.

• Alberto Del Rio (Leader)
  • Mason Ryan/Ezekiel Jackson (Either/both, Muscle, Bodygaurds)
  • Riccardo Rodriguez (Manager/Ring Announcer)
  • Layla (Pretty Girlfriend of Del Rio, valet)

As you can see from this stable, everyone has a set role. As well as the fact that I have tried to keep an un-American gimmick in there by having no American wrestlers.

While we're on the subject of what to do with Del Rio, I had an Idea of what to do with him for a while now:

Have Del Rio form a stable of his "Employees", a brief list of how it would work.

As you can see from this stable, everyone has a set role. As well as the fact that I have tried to keep an un-American gimmick in there by having no American wrestlers.

Everyone you named is fine by me except for Layla. She doesn't really fit with the rest of them, except for not being American.

Everyone you named is fine by me except for Layla. She doesn't really fit with the rest of them, except for not being American.

I understand that. The main reason for Layla's inclusion is that she's hot and she's not American. The two qualities I am trying to base the female member of off. As well as the fact that I wanted a girl in there to add some more attention from the male viewers and a small way to boost Del Rio's ego. I mean, if you were dating a hot chick like Layla, you would get a bit of an ego, wouldn't you?

I understand that. The main reason for Layla's inclusion is that she's hot and she's not American. The two qualities I am trying to base the female member of off. As well as the fact that I wanted a girl in there to add some more attention from the male viewers and a small way to boost Del Rio's ego. I mean, if you were dating a hot chick like Layla, you would get a bit of an ego, wouldn't you?

Wouldn't Rosa work out better than Layla? You could even add Primo and Epico as the tag team of the group.

I'm quickly losing interest in WWE programming right now. Smackdown is taped and is treated like the "B" show they have made it out to be, and RAW is 3 watered down hours of what used to be a quite uneventful 2 hour show. It's actually quite sad that the middle hour of RAW probably gets more focus from creative than the entire 2 hours of Smackdown.

I'm quickly losing interest in WWE programming right now. Smackdown is taped and is treated like the "B" show they have made it out to be, and RAW is 3 watered down hours of what used to be a quite uneventful 2 hour show. It's actually quite sad that the middle hour of RAW probably gets more focus from creative than the entire 2 hours of Smackdown.

Agreed. I had a small complaint about how it is like the WWE wants Smackdown to be the second show. As I said in that thread We need Heyman. I miss when Smackdown was serious if not better then Raw and it felt like they would be competing against eachother.

I haven't watched in two weeks and comments like yours don't make me eager to watch again, especially if its as watered down as people here say it is.

Wouldn't Rosa work out better than Layla? You could even add Primo and Epico as the tag team of the group.

Possibly, but what would the reason for Del Rio, in storyline, to employ Primo & Epico? They're too small to be the muscule of the group. IMO, Ryan/Jackson could be the tag team of the group, and besides, Rosa's doing well with just Primo & Epico, why screw that up by sticking them in a ridiculously big stable? We saw the results of having a stable that is too big with the nWo.

And Layla, despite being Diva's champion, isn't doing anything at the moment. The whole point of my stable is to get people who aren't doing much some screen time.

Possibly, but what would the reason for Del Rio, in storyline, to employ Primo & Epico? They're too small to be the muscule of the group. IMO, Ryan/Jackson could be the tag team of the group, and besides, Rosa's doing well with just Primo & Epico, why screw that up by sticking them in a ridiculously big stable? We saw the results of having a stable that is too big with the nWo.

And Layla, despite being Diva's champion, isn't doing anything at the moment. The whole point of my stable is to get people who aren't doing much some screen time.

My problem with using Layla is in order for this to work, she would have to turn heel and I hate Layla as a heel.

I actually like the idea of a Del Rio group. It would give Del Rio a chance to gain some freshness as a 'controlling-leader' type character. He could have Primo and Epico as the tag-team championship chasers, and they could also be used to attack opponents of Del Rio's before matches/during the match when the referee is down. Rosa would be moved with them, which would give them a valet sort of character.

Rodriguez is the ring announcer for all of the people in the group, and also a manager for anyone that needs it.

Finally, the muscle. At first, I thought Ryback would be perfect for this role. I don't really see him turning heel at this point, just to join a group. I'd put Mason Ryan in there, just to give him something to do. I can also see A-Ry being good for this position. You can always add Ezekiel Jackson if even more bodyguards are needed.

One final aspect they could bring in, is the 'building for the future' type character, as Orton was to Evolution. Cesaro or A-Ry would be good for this in my opinion. Possibly even a heel Gabriel, with the devastating 450 finisher (as used in Nexus).

In short, my ideal group would be:

Leader - Del Rio.

Tag team/outside interference - Primo and Epico.

Muscle - Mason Ryan and Alex Riley.

Managers/Valet/Announcer - Rosa and Rodriguez.

Build for the future - Gabriel.

Thinking about it, why doesn't Del Rio just pay off people to wrestle for him? He doesn't wanna work till Summerslam, have him pay off other heels to wrestle for him. It builds up his storyline with Sheamus and also adds to his character. If he's as rich as his character lets off, he should have the cash.

Do something to make Del Rio NOT stale? DO IT.

I can't even watch Smackdown anymore because of how bad they edit the crowd noises. Anyone else annoyed by that?

Damien Sandow is the only reason I watch SmackDown but with him appearing on RAW each week now, I don't really have much of a reason to watch it until Wade Barrett makes his return.

Archived