Reported Fan Incident with WWE Champion CM Punk at the St. Louis Airport

AustinFan

- There was an incident at the St. Louis airport last night as WWE talents were arriving for RAW 1000 and fans were there to greet them.

A fan reportedly asked WWE Champion CM Punk for an autograph but was turned down. Apparently the fan was rude in his approach.

This led to another fan yelling at Punk and causing a scene inside the airport. Punk threw the man's autograph book in a trash can. Airport police came over and Punk seemed very annoyed with having his time wasted, according to an eye-witness. Other WWE stars who were standing around asked fans if they knew "the fat guy", who was the fan that got his autograph book threw in the trash can.

Punk went on Twitter and wrote about how one bad fan ruins it for everyone. He gave props to respectful fans. Ricardo Rodriguez was one of the WWE talents present for the incident as he wrote that fans "go from fan mode to creepy mode to psycho mode sometimes."

Source: F4Wonline.com

Credit: PwPix.net

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/345055475.php

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk is an asshole in how he reacts, but he wants respect from people. It is both understandable and questionable at the same time.

Though unless you ask politely and introduce yourself to the wrestler, you do come off as a dickhead who just wants to sell it.

Anyone who says Punk is a Dick, you should probably check out the 2 AOWs he did with Colt Cabana and see why he is like that.

I think fans have to be more respectable, these guys travel everywhere and I imagine they are always tired and probably in a cranky mood. More some than others.

Anyone who says Punk is a Dick, you should probably check out the 2 AOWs he did with Colt Cabana and see why he is like that.

I think fans have to be more respectable, these guys travel everywhere and I imagine they are always tired and probably in a cranky mood. More some than others.

I know why he is like that, but he is in fact a dick. For the right reasons, I think. I mean it makes sense to demand more respect from fans, but throwing someone's autograph book in the trash is a bit uncalled for.

Not aimed at you, but these are the CM Punk fans that annoy me. The fans that follow everything he does, and act as if he Jesus or something. He is human, just like us. Stop being 'sheep'.

I know why he is like that, but he is in fact a dick. For the right reasons, I think. I mean it makes sense to demand more respect from fans, but throwing someone's autograph book in the trash is a bit uncalled for.

Not aimed at you, but these are the CM Punk fans that annoy me. The fans that follow everything he does, and act as if he Jesus or something. He is human, just like us. Stop being 'sheep'.

Oh no, I'm not denying that he is a dick because he can be. I'm just sayin', but I do agree throwing the autograph book away in the trash was a bit uncalled for.

Even if the fan was a dick he should have not just dropped his autograph book in the trash he is the "WWE CHAMPION" the representation of the company and somtimes in situations you just need to be the better man and not be confrontal about it other top guys like Cena, Taker, Triple H, Rock and Austin would have signed it and asked the guy nicely to move along because theyh know what responsibilities come with their main stream names. Not hating on Punk I think Punk is awesome and if his attitude torwards other's can be a bit dickish at times thats fine because thats who he is and will always be but when it comes to interacting with fans there's responsibilities.

I can actually agree with you there. I also have listened to Punk on the Art of Wrestling podcast...he may come off as a dick to people, but seriously, how would you react if someone bothered you at 4 in the morning or while you're exercising or chilling with friends for an autograph?

As for the fan, yeah, there was no need to react that way, there could be other opportunities in the near future. As for Punk, as a man doing his job, he should at least have some respect as many other wrestlers, but throwing the autograph away was a little over the top...He could've made the situation even worse doing that...He should've just ignored him and walk away.

First things first, I was there with the guy that was rude to Punk. His name is Matt. Punk walked out of the terminal, stopped and signed for me(I will gladly post a photo I took with him before the incident occured when I get home from St. Louis. Matt hates Punk's guts and purposely asked him to piss him off(they've had altercations before). Punk ignored him, so Matt called him a "f*cking d*ck." Punk kept walking, so Matt said things like "I hope Cena breaks your neck Monday night." After repeating this several times Punk sat down to wait for his luggage. Matt started taking pictures of him, so Punk took his bookbag and threw it in the garbage. Then the police got involved and you know the rest.

Also, just to make it clear, the fans that were yelling at Punk were actually me and my mom, who were trying to get Matt to stop following him.

Hope this clears a lot of things up.

First things first, I was there with the guy that was rude to Punk. His name is Matt. Punk walked out of the terminal, stopped and signed for me(I will gladly post a photo I took with him before the incident occured when I get home from St. Louis. Matt hates Punk's guts and purposely asked him to piss him off(they've had altercations before). Punk ignored him, so Matt called him a "f*cking d*ck." Punk kept walking, so Matt said things like "I hope Cena breaks your neck Monday night." After repeating this several times Punk sat down to wait for his luggage. Matt started taking pictures of him, so Punk took his bookbag and threw it in the garbage. Then the police got involved and you know the rest.

Also, just to make it clear, the fans that were yelling at Punk were actually me and my mom, who were trying to get Matt to stop following him.

Hope this clears a lot of things up.

If what you're saying is true, then that fan was really out of line. Some people are just stupid I suppose.

So how "rude" exactly was this guy? The report doesn't say much other than the fan was "rude" in his approach. Did he shove the book right in Punks face? Did he grab his hand and put a pen in it? What did the fan do exactly? Until I find out more it seems like Punk did go a little too far by throwing it in the trash. If Punk didn't like the way he was asked he should have told the guy how to correctly approach someone instead of making things worse....

Archived