• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulls

Yankees

NY Giants

Kobe Bryant

Did Kobe get so fed up with the Lakers that he started his own team? :hqhq:

What's so hard to understand? Kobe is my favorite.

The topic says favorite teams. Relax, i was just making a joke.

They should buy all the Championship games so then I can have streams for Bolton away matches.

Or Bolton could get a promotion. I want that just so my team losing Tim Ream wasn't for nothing.

You got 2.5 million and tbf, your teams are prolly about Championship level anyway.

Pfffffffffffffft. We aren't even Liga MX level. Its all the MLS' fault for having a salary cap.

It's what makes it fun though imo. Different teams moving up and down the table, no set team who is always competing. Toronto has been shit for all of their MLS-existence, but now they got Bradley and Defoe.

All of this might change though when Manchester City's latest playtoy enters the league. But the youth facilities seems to be working out great. If the league keeps growing, maybe they can rise the salary cap and eventually stop getting dominated by Mexican teams.

Bulls

Yankees

NY Giants

Kobe Bryant

I know you were, I was joking as well. I'm just saying that any team Kobe's on would be my favorite, since I don't care for the Lakers anymore, just Kobe. Would be awesome if he joined the Bulls, but he'd be a bad fit, I guess.

Bulls

Yankees

NY Giants

Kobe Bryant

I know you were, I was joking as well. I'm just saying that any team Kobe's on would be my favorite, since I don't care for the Lakers anymore, just Kobe. Would be awesome if he joined the Bulls, but he'd be a bad fit, I guess.

Oh right now i got ya, my bad. :P

Kobe on the Bulls would be interesting though.

It's what makes it fun though imo. Different teams moving up and down the table, no set team who is always competing. Toronto has been shit for all of their MLS-existence, but now they got Bradley and Defoe.

All of this might change though when Manchester City's latest playtoy enters the league. But the youth facilities seems to be working out great. If the league keeps growing, maybe they can rise the salary cap and eventually stop getting dominated by Mexican teams.

Im not asking for a huge salary cap but 2 million right now is laughable. At this point every team has a decent, to excellent starting eleven but when it comes to the bench the talent is dramaticly decreased. Raising the cap to like 10 million would be huge for the MLS and maybe give us a shot in the CONCACAF Champions League.

One way i can see things changing is teams like NYC FC, Red Bull, and the LA Galaxy using the other teams they run to sign big players and loan them to the MLS clubs which I believe doesn't count against the salary cap. Which creates a monopoly and forces the league to change things.

Eventually I want to see a regulations system. You have several leagues in the America. You have the Cosmos in the USL Pro who have a unlimited budget and no salary cap playing with teams who have very, very limited budgets.

I love my team and support the shit out of them but the MLS is such a damn joke.

EDIT: They need to *Censored* off with the playoffs too. I was at the game last year when Red Bulls became the regular season champions and people really cared. Playoffs are dumb for soccer.

Bulls

Yankees

NY Giants

Kobe Bryant

It would be, but I think it'd end in a disaster because the Bulls play differently from Kobe. He'd also screw up the chemistry if he trashed his teammates like he seems to do the Lakers.

Im not asking for a huge salary cap but 2 million right now is laughable. At this point every team has a decent, to excellent starting eleven but when it comes to the bench the talent is dramaticly decreased. Raising the cap to like 10 million would be huge for the MLS and maybe give us a shot in the CONCACAF Champions League.

One way i can see things changing is teams like NYC FC, Red Bull, and the LA Galaxy using the other teams they run to sign big players and loan them to the MLS clubs which I believe doesn't count against the salary cap. Which creates a monopoly and forces the league to change things.

Eventually I want to see a regulations system. You have several leagues in the America. You have the Cosmos in the USL Pro who have a unlimited budget and no salary cap playing with teams who have very, very limited budgets.

I love my team and support the shit out of them but the MLS is such a damn joke.

EDIT: They need to *Censored* off with the playoffs too. I was at the game last year when Red Bulls became the regular season champions and people really cared. Playoffs are dumb for soccer.

You should just have promotion, relegation and a season that runs from August to May.

You should just have promotion, relegation and a season that runs from August to May.

With the way the winter went this year we would be playing games in below freezing tempatures almost all season.

Ironically, I, the European, actually like the play-off system. But if you yourself say that people actually care about being regular season champions, then it's definitely something worth looking into for the future.

I don't think promotion/relegation would help U.S. soccer grow. MLS-teams have invested a lot as it is to even get in the league, especially the recent expansions teams like Montreal, Vancouver and soon to be Orlando, Miami and NYC. Getting relegated would be a huge waste of that investment and could potentially add teams in the MLS who are just in a good run at that moment, but are without any real potential to create a market of a big soccer atmosphere in their region. It could also potentially lose teams who have a great foundation, but are in somewhat of a slump. Teams like Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and now Orlando have proven on lower levels that they can draw a crowd and that they do have a solid fanbase + foundation to be a success in the MLS. Teams like NYC and Miami proved they have the money to invest in the league. Teams who has proven to be a failure will be replaced (Chivas USA). A scenario where the NY Cosmos builds a better team than most MLS-clubs is possible, but I don't think they'll allow it to happen without taking measures to prevent it. With Beckham already making a case for the elimination of the salary cap system and several articles on MLS.com talking about how the league will enter a new era, I think MLS will make several decisions soon enough to ensure that the MLS-teams will have more financial strength to work with.

Because we really need a MLS-team to start beating the Mexicans. And the 2 million salary cap is awful, lots of players who make less money than in the Dutch second division.

Bulls

Yankees

NY Giants

Kobe Bryant

It would be, but I think it'd end in a disaster because the Bulls play differently from Kobe. He'd also screw up the chemistry if he trashed his teammates like he seems to do the Lakers.

That's true, would be surreal to see him in a different jersey though, kinda like the Paul Pierce situation. It's still weird to me for him no longer to be playing in Celtics green. :(

Ironically, I, the European, actually like the play-off system. But if you yourself say that people actually care about being regular season champions, then it's definitely something worth looking into for the future.

I don't think promotion/relegation would help U.S. soccer grow. MLS-teams have invested a lot as it is to even get in the league, especially the recent expansions teams like Montreal, Vancouver and soon to be Orlando, Miami and NYC. Getting relegated would be a huge waste of that investment and could potentially add teams in the MLS who are just in a good run at that moment, but are without any real potential to create a market of a big soccer atmosphere in their region. It could also potentially lose teams who have a great foundation, but are in somewhat of a slump. Teams like Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and now Orlando have proven on lower levels that they can draw a crowd and that they do have a solid fanbase + foundation to be a success in the MLS. Teams like NYC and Miami proved they have the money to invest in the league. Teams who has proven to be a failure will be replaced (Chivas USA). A scenario where the NY Cosmos builds a better team than most MLS-clubs is possible, but I don't think they'll allow it to happen without taking measures to prevent it. With Beckham already making a case for the elimination of the salary cap system and several articles on MLS.com talking about how the league will enter a new era, I think MLS will make several decisions soon enough to ensure that the MLS-teams will have more financial strength to work with.

Because we really need a MLS-team to start beating the Mexicans. And the 2 million salary cap is awful, lots of players who make less money than in the Dutch second division.

Miami is coming in at a discount. Beckham had it written into his contract when he came to the MLS. Chivas are supposdly being rebranded to get rid of the racial stuff that surfaced pretty quickly. Honestly i like the team that the Red Bulls have now and if they all get on the same page i really feel like they could beat some of these Mexican teams.

What i feel is going to happen to is NYCFC is going to struggle trying to get use to the MLS' strcture. You can't just go out and get the best players you have to get a good core at a very cheap price.

Archived