Whats Needs To Happen

dthompson2692

What needs to happen is for WWE to realize that they need to stop taking this out of the game and bringing them back and calling them new. I posted this about a week ago. It's a discussion myself and a couple of friends had in an Xbox Live party. We go into detail about things that used to be in games that THQ have developed over the years for the WWE and somewhat WCW. I guarantee that watching these videos will bring back so many memories that we all once shared. It's well worth a watch. Viewer discretion is advised for language.

Part 1:

Part 2:

There have been things taken out for several different reasons, Example: The mode or motion didn't work right ect or something changed. Why harp on them putting something they took out and took the time to improve on, instead of it sitting there not being touched?

Has there been a lot taken out? "YES!", but there has also been a lot of changes via systems, graphics, sound, a lot of tiny details. You can't expect them to keep what they where doing with the games when they where just Polygons to what they are now with the coding and such; I love how people get on this forum talking about the WWE games as if they know how a game is created, how much time it takes and what goes on.

Besides a lot of the rubbish in the video, I'm glad is gone; the overly hyped Free Roam in Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain was B.S. I've said it before, I'll say it again; the Free roam in Smackdown! Just Bring It! Was more realistic and didn't get dull as quickly.

"Viewer discretion is advised for language." AKA We're going to Spout out every single Offensive phrase known to man kind just because we can, our vocabulary is the size of an Amoeba; seriously I can count about Eighteen pointless swears in the first three minutes of the damn video.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'm not gonna bash your words like you did those said in the video. You said that you THQ has taken things out to "improve." Sorry to say but improvements don't take that long. Most (if not all) game companies fix problems within the next year's game. THQ does not have that man projects. The Smackdown vs Raw series, if I'm not mistaken, is the only major product that they have. All in all it's what keeps them running and they ave gained a huge fan base and die hard fans behind it. For these fans to constantly be handed a product that we are unsatisfied with year after year, is just unfair. It makes it feel like we're not getting our 60 bucks worth in this game. It's been said that the animated moves were taken out because they didn't fit what THQ were doing while moving forward. I understand that. At the same time, other things could have been done to replace that. All of the moves that were taken out could've have been mo-capped. If done correctly, there is a possiblity that there may not have been a difference. It would've been like moving it from one system to another. In addition, there are still moves on WWE 12 that have been in the series since the original Smackdown. They said that this game was gonna be the next best thing if not better that Here Comes the Pain. Thats sad to say seeing how it turned out. But speaking as a die hard fan of this series, there are too many problems with today's version of the game. From the servers, moves, entrances, and damn near everything overall. I'm just saying that THQ needs to redevelop this game so that people can actually be proud to play this game again.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'm not gonna bash your words like you did those said in the video. You said that you THQ has taken things out to "improve." Sorry to say but improvements don't take that long. Most (if not all) game companies fix problems within the next year's game. THQ does not have that man projects. The Smackdown vs Raw series, if I'm not mistaken, is the only major product that they have. All in all it's what keeps them running and they ave gained a huge fan base and die hard fans behind it. For these fans to constantly be handed a product that we are unsatisfied with year after year, is just unfair. It makes it feel like we're not getting our 60 bucks worth in this game. It's been said that the animated moves were taken out because they didn't fit what THQ were doing while moving forward. I understand that. At the same time, other things could have been done to replace that. All of the moves that were taken out could've have been mo-capped. If done correctly, there is a possiblity that there may not have been a difference. It would've been like moving it from one system to another. In addition, there are still moves on WWE 12 that have been in the series since the original Smackdown. They said that this game was gonna be the next best thing if not better that Here Comes the Pain. Thats sad to say seeing how it turned out. But speaking as a die hard fan of this series, there are too many problems with today's version of the game. From the servers, moves, entrances, and damn near everything overall. I'm just saying that THQ needs to redevelop this game so that people can actually be proud to play this game again.

Tym doesn't like the old games because they're not true enough to real life. Real life is boring to most of us, so it makes sense his opinion would differ. I agree that this is an issue with THQ's development practice with the games, but even when they do bring something back, there's always a catch or a glitch with it.

Forgive me, I liked Smackdown! Just Bring It!'s Free Roam over Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain because it got overly dull quickly; honestly how many times can you throw someone off the building, have them land on a car have it explode and them getting up five seconds later before you begin to yawn?

Smackdown! Just Bring It!: The Free Roam was realistic and fun

Smackdown Vs Raw 2006: Dear God if we can't have Smackdown! Just Bring It!'s Free Roam give us these

Smackdown Vs Raw 2005: Same with Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

Smackdown Vs Raw 2010: Same as Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011: Same as Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth: If worse comes to worse and we can't have either Smackdown! Just Bring It!, Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, Smackdown Vs Raw 2005, Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 or Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 Backstage Brawls, this will do I suppose.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007: Eh, am I the only one that thought the Backstage Brawls took a turn to the worse in Smackdown Vs Raw 2007?

Smackdown Vs Raw 2008: Same as Smackdown Vs Raw 2007

Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: Overly big, with lacking effect.

WWE'12: To put it politely Hell No

Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain!: Same as WWE'12

Reminds me of how much I miss the classics. The amount of freedom you got in these games was ridiculous, THQ really needs to get their shit together.

Well, time to save up and buy a PS2 again...

watching the video makes me want to buy a ps2 just so i can play hctp and sym

I got sym and I play it everyday. It's worth it man...

sym and hctp are terrific. +1 to this.

If they were to remaster sym into wwe '14 next year and just promote it as ''sym returns'' with no new innovative updates and all the other crap, I'd preorder regardless of the roster.

After watching these videos, I really wanna get a new PS2 for my birthday. :P

Trust me, it's worth it.

Of course it's worth it. I currently have a broken PS2 collecting dust somewhere and I need a new one like, ASAP. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I actually don't want a lot of that stuff in wwe 13. Don't get me wrong I love it all but its not realistic and imo doesn't belong in a wrestling simulator game. However I would love for them to do a next gen reboot of shut your mouth and or here comes the pain, with assentially all the same features just updated roster and graphics, now THAT is something I would buy

--EDIT--

Well some of it I would definitly like back, the crowd mechanics, the ability to go backstage, weapon finishers, and being able to throw people off of the stage.

"hey *Censored* I would sit on that chair *Censored* & the other *Censored* would sit with me *Censored* & after all that *Censored* I would be hitting them other *Censored*s with chairs and shit *Censored*" LOL.

What an expansive vocabulary

It's amazing to see how much of a stepback THQ has taken. I pretty much stopped buying wrestling when Yukes took over AKI...probably bought two games between No Mercy (N64) and SvR 11 (PS3), and didn't play with 'em much. I fell for WWE 12's promos, so I gave it another try this year. But watching these vids, now I understand what so many of you are complaining about...

Archived