Do you like the new MITB concept?

sharp77

The World title MITB is looking near enough perfect with so many different styles in there but I think most of us can agree that the WWE Championship one is looking dreadful. Whoever came up with the idea that you can only be in if you're a former Champion should be Fired immediately because they took away from the point of the match, and that's to build a new star as a main eventer. Not to mention that other than Jericho, no one in there is capable of pulling off a memorable Ladder Match. So no I hate this new concept.

Took the words straight out of my mouth.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great idea if they're set on having two briefcases. Why bother having two if they're identical? I like it. It elevates the match too if it's only former WWE Champions, especially the four that are in it. I'll be thinking of it as more of a number 1 contenders ladder match and the SmackDown! one as a MiTB.

^ Because Sandow's epic... You're welcome!

On topic: Smackdown MITB all the way! Christian all the way! On the other hand, the RAW MITB isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Think about it.

Kane: Merely a filler in this whole thing.

Big Show: Cena's 'stopping' him; so he won't be winning.

We are left with...

Cena: Maintains a good chance of winning, especially since Vince would LOVE to bank on the fact that Cena again defied the odds and won the MITB in his first attempt. Now, if he does win it, it's almost a guarantee he'll be champion again (if it isn't already). But, here's the catch: It's the Money In The Bank we are talking about! Say what you want, but there's no way WWE is letting Cena 'be the honorable man' if he wins it and letting him cash on an announced date. I can very well see him do what every other MITB winner has done (except RVD, and even then the match was controversial) and that is cashing in without any notice. This can either set up a long awaited heel turn, or definitely bring a character change since he no longer will be 'respectful and honorable'.

Jericho: The guy we all want to win and a victory here can immediately bring back every wave of momentum he seems to have lost as of late. MITB win = WWE Championship victory, and Jericho as WWE Champion = Pure awesomeness.

People keep talking about there only being 4 in the former champions MITB match but i'm pretty sure they add others before the PPV.

Now with Rey & Mark Henry due back I can see them being thrown in the mix maybe they'll bring The Miz back for the night & even add Jack Swagger there's you're 8 right there or even have one of the guys in either world title matches (whatever goes on first) demand entry to the match to make up numbers Del Rio would've gd bet for that since he's featured heavily in the ad/promo campaign even have him win it.

*Censored*s are complaining loads about former WWE Champs being in the RAW MITB match, you're there complaining about Damien Sandow?..

because sandow's bore me death shit he wasn't big guy never get pushed.and i did complain raw mitb match

Eh tbh I do think Jericho should win the Raw one, don't get me wrong Cena winning MITB would be interesting if he does go about cashing it in unexpectedly. But since WWE keep pushing the whole Jericho invented the MITB concept (don't really know how much kayfabe is involve here lol) but since he "invented" MITB I think he should at least win it once even if he is the first to lose. I mean it would be pretty ironic don't you think the person who created MITB is the first one to lose when cashing it in

Not only do I not like the new concept, I've never really been fond of the old one either.

Off-Topic: I thought that black thing on Britney's eye was a dirty spot on my screen so I kept rubbing it to clean it and then I realized. Got a good laugh

On-Topic: I don't really like it since the match IS supposed to push someone that needs the push so I hope it's a one time thing.

Every year, i think its good they add lil tweaks and stipulations to the MITB match, you cant just have two young guys win everytime and cash in to become champs. Just like you cant do that element of surprise cash in everytime, it cheapens it.

Obviously a young guy wins the smackdown one, then the winner of the raw one (most likely cena or y2j) unless they add someone else, can easily lose there cash in without it ruining there character/push.

I liked the idea of MITB where you can cash it in whenever you like. But after they did it a few times it starts to get stale. Especially when you put 2 of them on the same PPV.

Why exactly did Kennedy get screwed out of his shot? He was supposed to be their future main eventer at the time.

On topic: Smackdown MITB all the way! Christian all the way! On the other hand, the RAW MITB isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Think about it.

We are left with...

Cena: Maintains a good chance of winning, especially since Vince would LOVE to bank on the fact that Cena again defied the odds and won the MITB in his first attempt. Now, if he does win it, it's almost a guarantee he'll be champion again (if it isn't already). But, here's the catch: It's the Money In The Bank we are talking about! Say what you want, but there's no way WWE is letting Cena 'be the honorable man' if he wins it and letting him cash on an announced date. I can very well see him do what every other MITB winner has done (except RVD, and even then the match was controversial) and that is cashing in without any notice. This can either set up a long awaited heel turn, or definitely bring a character change since he no longer will be 'respectful and honorable'.

Jericho: The guy we all want to win and a victory here can immediately bring back every wave of momentum he seems to have lost as of late. MITB win = WWE Championship victory, and Jericho as WWE Champion = Pure awesomeness.

It is definitely either Jericho or Cena, but we both know Cena will win =/

It could work out like you said, but I highly doubt WWE will give Cena a heel turn considering he is earning the WWE the most money in merch. They could let him bring out a different character side to him though.

Not only do I not like the new concept, I've never really been fond of the old one either.

Off-Topic: I thought that black thing on Britney's eye was a dirty spot on my screen so I kept rubbing it to clean it and then I realized. Got a good laugh

On-Topic: I don't really like it since the match IS supposed to push someone that needs the push so I hope it's a one time thing.

:lol: Yeah, that is part of the picture.

I don't like the MITB concept, because cashing in a briefcase to become World Champion like it was the Hardcore title, just seems cheap and I rarely ever take those champions seriously.

I liked the idea of MITB where you can cash it in whenever you like. But after they did it a few times it starts to get stale. Especially when you put 2 of them on the same PPV.

Why exactly did Kennedy get screwed out of his shot? He was supposed to be their future main eventer at the time.

i think it cuz he go injure in a match with cena a week before and need surgery and will be out for a couple of months

I don't like the MITB concept, because cashing in a briefcase to become World Champion like it was the Hardcore title, just seems cheap and I rarely ever take those champions seriously.

If Edge had never won the Briefcase would he of ever been a world champion? As when he won the first one that basically put him on the map as a serious contender. Why on earth would the fans realistically book a injured HBK to fight for the World title when Edge was a better choice.

The day will have to come when someone wins and then loses it. I always found it odd after CM Punk won it he went to cash it in and Umaga jumps him then they pretend he never cashed it in when he obviously did.

If Edge had never won the Briefcase would he of ever been a world champion? As when he won the first one that basically put him on the map as a serious contender. Why on earth would the fans realistically book a injured HBK to fight for the World title when Edge was a better choice.

The day will have to come when someone wins and then loses it. I always found it odd after CM Punk won it he went to cash it in and Umaga jumps him then they pretend he never cashed it in when he obviously did.

Edge (and Kane) are the only champions that won the title through Money in the Bank, that I could take seriously, which is why I just don't care for the concept.

We are left with...

Cena wins the MITB and cashes it on Punk for a rematch at SummerSlam.

I see this happening i mean its obivious Cena is going to win.

WWE can use this as the turning point for the heel Cena run we have been waiting for. Make him cash in the briefcase like everyone else and win the WWE title.

Be all like "man i got screwed twice bout time i do the screwing" (well one does not count cause because RVD did it before hand though it was a controversial match.)

Are you me lol this we pretty much said the same things though mine was in the Actual MITB thread.

We are left with...

Cena wins the MITB and cashes it on Punk for a rematch at SummerSlam.

I see this happening i mean its obivious Cena is going to win.

WWE can use this as the turning point for the heel Cena run we have been waiting for. Make him cash in the briefcase like everyone else and win the WWE title.

Be all like "man i got screwed twice bout time i do the screwing" (well one does not count cause because RVD did it before hand though it was a controversial match.)

Are you me lol this we pretty much said the same things though mine was in the Actual MITB thread.

LOL!

Back on topic, though: I don't want to see Sandow win it yet. Sure, he's great and all; but he has to demonstrate much more of his capabilities in the ring, and a proper promo, before he deserves the World Heavyweight Championship. However, Christian deserves it. :P

To those who are saying Jericho has to win it...It won't happen...A certain band is playing in my neck of the woods in early september....so yea....I tried to make that as Spoiler free as possible...But it's not really a spoiler so no flack...

He could win, cash in quickly and then lose the Gold just as quick or even fail with said cash in.

Archived