Do you like the new MITB concept?

sharp77

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do I not like the new concept, I've never really been fond of the old one either.

Off-Topic: I thought that black thing on Britney's eye was a dirty spot on my screen so I kept rubbing it to clean it and then I realized. Got a good laugh

On-Topic: I don't really like it since the match IS supposed to push someone that needs the push so I hope it's a one time thing.

:lol: Yeah, that is part of the picture.

I don't like the MITB concept, because cashing in a briefcase to become World Champion like it was the Hardcore title, just seems cheap and I rarely ever take those champions seriously.

If Edge had never won the Briefcase would he of ever been a world champion? As when he won the first one that basically put him on the map as a serious contender. Why on earth would the fans realistically book a injured HBK to fight for the World title when Edge was a better choice.

The day will have to come when someone wins and then loses it. I always found it odd after CM Punk won it he went to cash it in and Umaga jumps him then they pretend he never cashed it in when he obviously did.

Edge (and Kane) are the only champions that won the title through Money in the Bank, that I could take seriously, which is why I just don't care for the concept.

I have to disagree with that statement as the one guy for me who did it properly was Rob van Dam! Pinning someone after a match to win is just so cheap. Its like saying in a 1 on 1 match they couldnt get the job done ie Edge beating Cena after a grueling Elimination Chamber.

Not only do I not like the new concept, I've never really been fond of the old one either.

Off-Topic: I thought that black thing on Britney's eye was a dirty spot on my screen so I kept rubbing it to clean it and then I realized. Got a good laugh

On-Topic: I don't really like it since the match IS supposed to push someone that needs the push so I hope it's a one time thing.

:lol: Yeah, that is part of the picture.

I don't like the MITB concept, because cashing in a briefcase to become World Champion like it was the Hardcore title, just seems cheap and I rarely ever take those champions seriously.

If Edge had never won the Briefcase would he of ever been a world champion? As when he won the first one that basically put him on the map as a serious contender. Why on earth would the fans realistically book a injured HBK to fight for the World title when Edge was a better choice.

The day will have to come when someone wins and then loses it. I always found it odd after CM Punk won it he went to cash it in and Umaga jumps him then they pretend he never cashed it in when he obviously did.

Edge (and Kane) are the only champions that won the title through Money in the Bank, that I could take seriously, which is why I just don't care for the concept.

I have to disagree with that statement as the one guy for me who did it properly was Rob van Dam! Pinning someone after a match to win is just so cheap. Its like saying in a 1 on 1 match they couldnt get the job done ie Edge beating Cena after a grueling Elimination Chamber.

Just my opinion on the matter, if you feel different, more power to ya.

Don't like it. In fact, I hate it. It's designed to push new guys, not to add another notch on the post of the former/current top stars. What's more, it's only a 4 man match? That's not a money in the bank match - that's a fatal four way ladder match.

though with both matches I think it's too clear that Rhodes and Cena will win.

Rhodes originally lost his qualifying match, then got another opportunity against someone he hadn't previously beaten. He got built within the confines of this match. If he doesn't win, there would have been no point in doing that.

People keep banging on about how Cena has never been in this match before, making me think it's painfully obvious that he's going to win so that the announcers can drone on even more about how "he did it on his first try!". though I would rather Jericho win. I hope they continue with the acknowledgement that Big Show would break the rungs of a ladder.

But with Big Show (the monster who got crushed in his first important match as a monster) and Kane (the tweener who nobody really responds to and has already won to a minimal reaction), it's clear to me that they won't win.

Don't like it. In fact, I hate it. It's designed to push new guys, not to add another notch on the post of the former/current top stars. What's more, it's only a 4 man match? That's not a money in the bank match - that's a fatal four way ladder match.

Whats the point in using it to elevate new guys. If that happens all you d get was someone winning it then cashing in winning a world title then fans shitting on him saying he didnt deserve the belt. It be better if it guaranteed them a 1 on 1 title shot at a PPV of their choosing instead of the pearl harbour attacks then cashing in.

They need to just bring back the King of the Ring tournament and forget about this MITB thing.

That'd be class if the King of the Ring gets to choose whether to have a future WWE Championship shot, at anytime, up to the final Raw/SmackDown episode before the next KOTR pay-per-view or to become GM for an entire year up to the next KOTR PPV.

Yes the MITB has a good star builder.

Star- Edge, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio (still ME'er), Daniel Bryan

Fail- Mr. Kennedy, Jack Swagger, The Miz

Draw- RVD (Already really popular), Kane (on/off ME'er)

Let's see Punk tuck a promo, Del Rio was pushed to the moon before hand, D-Bryan is the only one really made. So it doesn't matter if one is former champs it most likely be a flop again and at least one wont because he is already known.

Id rather they ditched Money in the Bank. Its had its day. Winning a match and then randomly jumping someone and beating them in a unschedueled match just gets boring. Plus it looks cheap.

Id rather they bring back King of the Ring and just guarantee a title shot at Summerslam.

Archived