Do you like the new MITB concept?

sharp77

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Smackdown MITB is shaping up to be really good but the raw one is simply stupid as it's been said before MITB is to make new stars who have never been world champ before.I'm gonna wait till all the participants are announced cause im sure there will be more but as of now either jericho wins it or this was a waste of time

Honestly I find MITB dull now, it shouldn't have its own PPV. I'd prefer it to be an annual WrestleMania or SummerSlam match.

The fact that it is having only WWE champions now, makes it worse. The last good one was at WrestleMania 25.

The World title MITB is looking near enough perfect with so many different styles in there but I think most of us can agree that the WWE Championship one is looking dreadful. Whoever came up with the idea that you can only be in if you're a former Champion should be Fired immediately because they took away from the point of the match, and that's to build a new star as a main eventer. Not to mention that other than Jericho, no one in there is capable of pulling off a memorable Ladder Match. So no I hate this new concept.

If it is full of established main eventers and former champions, it's obvious that nobody is ready for the push. Just like when Austin or HHH won the rumble for instance, you can't just rush a push because it falls flat. Ie, ADR

If Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler (especially) aren't ready for a (real) World title reign now, they'll never be.

If it is full of established main eventers and former champions, it's obvious that nobody is ready for the push. Just like when Austin or HHH won the rumble for instance, you can't just rush a push because it falls flat. Ie, ADR

If Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler (especially) aren't ready for a (real) World title reign now, they'll never be.

This, honestly Dolph as champ would make things interesting.

Though it could happen some time this year as he is possibly on his way to a face turn, and we all know WWE has a hard on for faces as champions.

Why do people think that the MITB match is about promoting talent to the main event when ALL it is about is plain & simply is a guarenteed championship match, i mean didnt Kane win it & no one complained about that.

I like the idea of it being only World Champions in one match i expect Mark Henry, The Miz & Rey Mysterio to round it out match aswell with one other.

Why do people think that the MITB match is about promoting talent to the main event when ALL it is about is plain & simply is a guarenteed championship match, i mean didnt Kane win it & no one complained about that.

I like the idea of it being only World Champions in one match i expect Mark Henry, The Miz & Rey Mysterio to round it out match aswell with one other.

Because it is probably the most simplest way to introduce someone to the main event and get them in a feud/storyline instead they are wasting it on top talents in the WWE who compete for the title every two months anyway and really dont need it anymore as they are push to rhe extreme level. When Edge won it and stole it it made sense because of his gimmick but for Cena or Show to win it would be useless as they would most likely be competing for the #1 contender spot an dont need help to get to the main event. Only person who could really use it and this is biased is Jericho as he needs a change in his gimmick or atleast a great feud not including he is the most skilled one when it comes to ladder matches. As for what SD is doing is great because you can not be sure who will win as it is full of guys needing a push maybe except for Christan who could get one at any time.

I'd rather they just have one single MITB match, at Wrestlemania, or hell Survivor Series for that matter. Put King of the Ring back in place of the MITB PPV. The reason MITB was special was because we only had one chance a year to see it and it was relatively new. Now, we see two if not three a year adding to what will be like 11 MITB matches in 5 or 6 years.

Imagine if instead of one giant Royal Rumble match they had two 15 man RR matches in one night with two different winners?

I hope that it's just a one time thing for the WWE Championship ladder match if it's a one time thing then I think it's a pretty cool stipulation cuz is different. Like I said as long as they keep former champions only a one time thing I'm cool with this MITB match

Because with the same Guys in the main events all the time this is their only chance to get noticed and now that's being taken away as well. Cena doesn't need the MITB briefcase, he's only in there so he can add it to his ongoing list of accomplishments. He could easily get a title match handed to him as we've seen so many times before and yet they want to take another opportunity away from the young stars who need their chance now just to give Cena something else on his list of accomplishments. It's ridiculous and this why WWE is in such a bad state right now.

To be fair Kane was a mid-carder at that point that had been with the company for nearly 13 years and only had a one day World title reign in that entire time. So really it was like seeing a new face become World Champion that had worked so hard and deserved it.

Archived