The co-Rav-oration CaW Topic: Updated 8/30: Benoit, Taz and DDP updates on page 20

Ravenos

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with the two Bully attires (new and old), a team 3-D attire and ?. Your previous creations are awesome, this will be no different. Bully Ray has come along way and deserves this push TNA has given him.

Ravenos just a tip for you're pics, if youre using you're phones camera, turn the brightness down on the phones camera when its pointed at the tv it will make the pics much clearer :cool:

Even better than that why don't you just use the screenshot viewer Rav...i know it can result in a loss of colour/ detail but that is easily adjusted in photoshop. I find the following adjustments give a more accurate preview - saturation -15, brightness 15, contrast 50. You could then leave the cas mode shots to your collab buds - pete et al. I'm looking forward to seeing an update whichever way you go.

wow.

thanks. ShattertheSky did almost all the work in the Bubba Bomb part (I just took what he sent me and cleaned it up a little). I had to re-do the front of the jersey because re-sizing it messed it up, so I just took the best screencap I could and went about drawing.

I wanted to go ahead and show people this. I watermarked it because it was a lot of work, but that doesn't mean I won't share it if people want it for their own Bully Ray. I just want to get ours up before someone else uses it. :)

XBCnS.png

So the plan right now is these four attires. (1)The jersey (PT above) with black shorts, (2) the black shirt with the patches and camo shorts, (3) the Team 3-D world tour shirt with... I could go pants, but right now I have that with black shorts, too (I think he wore jeans with that shirt once) and (4) the Dudleyville jersey with Bubba style glasses and camo shorts, as he looked the night he got his shot at the WWE World TItle vs. HHH (imagine if they'd let him win the title... how different his career might have been).

I am tempted to detail his calves.

If anyone has an attire they're dying to see, I can be talked out of the Team 3-D one. It looks cool, but it was easy to make, so it wouldn't break my heart to replace it. The other three are pretty much locked in, since ShattertheSky really wanted the Dudleyville jersey and we made the PTs, and I really wanted at least one Dudley attire so someone could pair this CaW with Devon to make the tag team if they so desired.

I hope to have updates tonight or tomorrow. It's crazy, unreal hot, so I've been huddling in the shade all day doing work. :)

I would really like you to keep the Team 3-D attire (to go with my Devon) if that helps, so I say keep the attires you have and on his 3-D attire... use black pants with red flannel vest for entrance and cutscene attire as i saw alot of pics with this attire. Got a day set for upload yet? Also, will it have a render?

I would really like you to keep the Team 3-D attire (to go with my Devon) if that helps, so I say keep the attires you have and on his 3-D attire... use black pants with red flannel vest for entrance and cutscene attire as i saw alot of pics with this attire. Got a day ste for upload yet? Also, will it have a render?

I've got some good renders made that could go with Ray, and I could toss them over to Ravenos before upload.

Don't forget the back logo on the Team 3-D shirt, lol. One last thing, The bully shirt with patches on it, could you make it the dark gray he used to always wear not black,,, it seems more fitting.

The problem with the gray shirt is that the edging on the patches is black, so they blend much better into a black shirt than a gray one. I can play with it, but I really don't want to remake all the patches to try to get the gray to blend if the PTs don't pan out.

Sounds good on the renders, Shatter. I'm still waiting for some PT magic for the last attire, so I won't have an upload date for a bit. Hoping to have a new preview in just a bit, though.

Here's a preview of the first attire for Ray with the hair trick and 99% of the work done. All I really have left to do is to fix up the places where the PT doesn't cover the jersey (easy enough-- I just didn't get to it yet) and then think over the hair/see what everyone thinks.

VKrCh.jpg

Looking great, I'm really digging the hair, and I'm starting to like this face morph more than mine. The tattoo looks great as well. If I had to nit-pick about anything, I think the coloring of the "Hardcore 5150" part of the shirt looks a little too saturated, but it's very minor and isn't anything to worry about. Oh, and I've got some ideas for the facial hair on all attires you have going. So let me know if you're interested, and I can put some pictures together with the morph on my save.

Looking great, I'm really digging the hair, and I'm starting to like this face morph more than mine. The tattoo looks great as well. If I had to nit-pick about anything, I think the coloring of the "Hardcore 5150" part of the shirt looks a little too saturated, but it's very minor and isn't anything to worry about. Oh, and I've got some ideas for the facial hair on all attires you have going. So let me know if you're interested, and I can put some pictures together with the morph on my save.

Sure thing on the facial hair. I am thinking of reworking the jersey PT. It is more jagged looking in game than I wanted it to be. I can fix the color, too, while I'm tweaking it.

I am about to do a Team 3-D preview if the camera cooperates. I changed the facial hair up in a pretty significant way on it. We'll see what people think. Show me what you have in mind, though. I would like for each one to be sort of distinct to the time period.

Okay, sounds good. I've got different facial hair ideas for each attire, so don't worry about that. Oh, and regarding the comment about the shirt for the 2nd attire being black, I've seen him have a few matches where he had a black looking shirt with the exact same logos on it as the gray one, so the most you need to do there is slightly lighten the color.

So while I'm waiting on PTs, I want to check people's pulse on this again.

Here's one potential way to do Brock's hair:

DXMuH.jpg

I think, looking at it, I'd rather have the widow's peak buzzcut under it (or maybe even the faded out one), but this is one way to go.

Here are the pros/cons I see:

Pro:

1) The depth on the hair sticking up is nice. That's close to real, particularly for an old school Brock

2) It takes no PTs and only one extra layer, leaving room for other things (the PTs in particular become really important on something like the Extreme Rules attire-- there are logos all over that friggin' thing, and Brock has at least 4 pts just of tats, and that's if the back isn't split for better quality)

3) It will look even no matter what

Cons:

1) The spikes really are too high

2) I wish it was just a bit wider (it's sort of centered on his head in a weird way)

3) Changing the shape of his head doesn't do much for the hair but really plays havoc on the morph

This is option two. HUGE NOTE: This is my old... like three versions old... morph. It's not the one being used, but I haven't done this hair work on the new morph yet.

lGO2b.jpg

Pros:

1) Looks pretty good (I think, anyway). The top tuft is built entirely of PTs and shapes. it does end up having elements of the front hairline on all four sides, but the only fix for that is to use multiple chunks of hair PT, and there's just no way to do Brock right and devote more than one PT to being his hair.

2) Lack of additional height means it looks pretty good... if not maybe touch flat... in game

Cons:

1) It's one PT slot used up, leaving only 9 for face and attire

2) It's A LOT of layers. An expert might be able to help me cut down a little, but getting into the grooves and such where the textures come together on the head and not leaving a bald spot meant I needed seven layers of the PT and I believe three shapes. So that's 10 layers devoted just to hair.

I am torn, personally. I really like the idea of the hair having depth, but I don't like that the spikes are quite so big. But more than that, I really like not losing that PT and those layers to building the hair.

I'm leaning toward doing the hair last and just doing both, but since there's a lull in production, it seemed like something worth asking people about.

I guess a third option would be just the buzz cut. I never even thought to toss that on him and look at it.

Option 2 looks a lot better than option 1 IMO but i would say it's pretty much of the table as you're gonna need every last pt slot as it is without the hair even entering the equation. Personally as you have some time i would experiment using the 'tool' with different hair combinations...make 5-6 copies of him if you can and try different variations (you can do a few different ones on each slot too).

Failing this or additional to this try using in-game designs and altering the transparency again using the 'tool'. Bully Ray progress s looking good btw, i'm just hoping the new textures for Brock don't disappoint.

Option 1 is a sensible option, but it looks like it's pushed too far back on his head, so I would try using Option 2 to see if it doesn't look right before sticking with Option 1. By the way, I will have Bully Ray facial hair pictures tomorrow, as I haven't had a chance to turn the Xbox on today. I don't know, I'll see if I can find time.

Just a little bit off topic ok ! Guys Petchy Lesnar is now on CC ! on XBOX LIVE !

I might not be smart but I think that shoud go in Petchy's lesnar thread.

That thread was closed about a month ago. Petchy's set the bar pretty high for Ravenos, so I hope everything turns out fine on his end.

Archived