Early John Cena/Summerslam Plans Revealed

Dazman™

WWE is currently planning to have John Cena face CM Punk for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam on August 19. The plan is to build the show around Punk/Cena and Brock Lesnar/Triple H.

WWE decided to go with Cena and Punk for the second year in a row because they do not want their biggest draw to be in the fourth most important match, meaning Lesnar/HHH, two world title matches and then the Cena match.

Since Summerslam is one of the biggest PPVs of the year in the major television market of Los Angeles, California, WWE wants Cena in a title match and on top of the card.

As always, plans can change. We'll keep you posted.

Source: ewrestlingnews.com

I got this feeling Cena's in for another long run with the title. This whole year has seemed like it was done in order to rebuild him, but imo it really didn't do anything for him. I wish WWE would stop defaulting back to him instead of really digging down deep to build new stars.

Cena wouldn't be in the fourth most important match, he'd be in the second, after HHH/Lesnar. Hell, he may even be in the first. Anyway, if this is true, it'd be interesting, as it'd basically be the top two guys in WWE going at it one year after their historic feud. And in that year, Punk has moved up the WWE ladder immensely.

Awesome, I hope Cena beats CM Punk and ends his boring reign. I don't know why but WWE is much more entertaining when Cena holds the title, all storylines and matches are better. It's like magic. John Cena is the heart of the WWE

I got this feeling Cena's in for another long run with the title. This whole year has seemed like it was done in order to rebuild him, but imo it really didn't do anything for him. I wish WWE would stop defaulting back to him instead of really digging down deep to build new stars.

Welp, we've come full circle. I have no issue with this, I just hope he isn't the one to end Punk's reign.

yup sums up my opinion.

Wow was really hoping for one more big gimmick match between punk and bryan at summerslam.

I have an idea though. Daniel bryan is hot right now and for some reason i feel like hes going to get the title no matter what, even a short reign.

How about he wins money in bank again, cashes in after punk/cena at summerslam, and instead of it being a quick match let them go 15 minutes. It would be really different

Awesome, I hope Cena beats CM Punk and ends his boring reign. I don't know why but WWE is much more entertaining when Cena holds the title, all storylines and matches are better. It's like magic. John Cena is the heart of the WWE

The funny thing here is that you're clearly doing this to get heat, but what you don't realise is that you're actually pretty spot on.

The funny thing here is that you're clearly doing this to get heat, but what you don't realise is that you're actually pretty spot on.

I don't think he really thinks this, but I think that Cena himself is more interesting with a title rather than the "Imma large heel and Imma take out the top guy" feuds. You know, the two that we had almost in a row.

OT:Is that you in your avy?

This doesn't seem right to me, it seems like they're building towards a final Punk/Bryan match considering not one of their matches has had a clean, decisive finish yet. Now, maybe I'm just assuming wrong, maybe that match'll happen at Money in the Bank, who knows.

I don't think he really thinks this, but I think that Cena himself is more interesting with a title rather than the "Imma large heel and Imma take out the top guy" feuds. You know, the two that we had almost in a row.

OT:Is that you in your avy?

Yes, and the photo is exactly what it looks like.

This does sound a bit weird to me though, I mean when was the last time WWE put their two top faces in a match/feud? And one that wasn't at Wrestlemania(like Hogan/Warrior)?

Rock Cena? Or would that be past and present? I like the idea of keeping them as faces. It's a fresh thought, maybe Face v. Face feuds are what Da 'E needs. *shrug*

This does sound a bit weird to me though, I mean when was the last time WWE put their two top faces in a match/feud? And one that wasn't at Wrestlemania(like Hogan/Warrior)?

Rock Cena? Or would that be past and present? I like the idea of keeping them as faces. It's a fresh thought, maybe Face v. Face feuds are what Da 'E needs. *shrug*

I'd say that's past vs present, like Rock/Hogan was. IMO it's slightly different as one of them isn't a current full-time superstar.

I guess you could Taker/HHH as they were two top faces, but even then it's different as it wasn't for a world title and they didn't perform all year round.

Archived