Official Destination X 2012 PPV Discussion Thread

I'm shocked that A Double won but I do have to question the decision to be honest. They had Roode beat so many of the top of names in this business only to drop the belt to someone who has only been back with the company for a year. I loved Roode as the World Champion but wont complain although I don't see this being a lenghty title run. Overall it was a great PPV but the crowd just didn't seem to be in to it as much as they should have.

TNA obviously feels that Storm V Roode doesn't need the title to make the storyline advance and thinking about it the title isn't necessary in personal feuds, take Styles V Daniels thats blood, tables and a unborn bastard child, I think Aries will hold it past/up to BFG otherwise whats the point

I think the crowd is good as its gonna get at that PPV or any in the Impact Zone, im sick off that bitch in the crowd really pissing me off screaming over people, theres a chant and shes over everyone she needs to GTFO, its always women, years ago there was a Styles chick just screaming

Yeah maybe but honestly I see Roode getting it back either this week or next week on IMPACT! I can't see him holding on to it for too long, I think his victory was just a feel good moment for the X Division on their PPV. So if (and it's a big if) Aries does hold on to the title until Bound For Glory, who will win the BFG Series? The only one that would make any sense right now is Bully Ray because of their previous feud but Angle or AJ vs. Aries at BFG could be really fun to watch. Like I say though I can't see him having a lengthy title run as I'm sure Roode vs. Storm for the World title is a lock for the BFG main event and would be the perfect end to their feud once and for all.

Quick question though, Has Austin Aries been pinned or submiited since returning to TNA at Destination X last year? I have been trying to think of one all day and I haven't come up with anything. In fact the only time I recall him losing a match was to Brian Kendrick last year at Hardcore Justice in a 3 way match but Alex Shelley was the one that got pinned.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked that A Double won but I do have to question the decision to be honest. They had Roode beat so many of the top of names in this business only to drop the belt to someone who has only been back with the company for a year. I loved Roode as the World Champion but wont complain although I don't see this being a lenghty title run. Overall it was a great PPV but the crowd just didn't seem to be in to it as much as they should have.

Thank god it was about time. His reign went on 8 months far too long.

I suppose this means I have to watch TNA now but why was the PPV filled with too many unknowns?

HAHA.. Those many 'unknowns' made the PPV better than some of the PPVs I've seen from WWE's well known superstars lately. (I know I know... why did I go there?... jus sayin')

Yeah maybe but honestly I see Roode getting it back either this week or next week on IMPACT! I can't see him holding on to it for too long, I think his victory was just a feel good moment for the X Division on their PPV. So if (and it's a big if) Aries does hold on to the title until Bound For Glory, who will win the BFG Series? The only one that would make any sense right now is Bully Ray because of their previous feud but Angle or AJ vs. Aries at BFG could be really fun to watch. Like I say though I can't see him having a lengthy title run as I'm sure Roode vs. Storm for the World title is a lock for the BFG main event and would be the perfect end to their feud once and for all.

Quick question though, Has Austin Aries been pinned or submiited since returning to TNA at Destination X last year? I have been trying to think of one all day and I haven't come up with anything. In fact the only time I recall him losing a match was to Brian Kendrick last year at Hardcore Justice in a 3 way match but Alex Shelley was the one that got pinned.

I have to agree...i don't think Aries would have a lengthy reign as champ to be honest as somehow, someway Roode would regain the title sooner than later...it would make sense because TNA is willing to anticipate the feud between Storm and Roode much further and a match at Bound For Glory is highly likely. All I can say is if that's the case, I hope Aries could do some good things as champ under a short reign...

This isn't the first time Destination X has made the X-Division prevail. Just last year, Brian Kendrick prevailed against Abyss and all of the X-Division came to fight and beat Immortal. It's basically been made to be their night. That being said, congrats to Aries, but I don't see him holding the title long at all.

TNA obviously feels that Storm V Roode doesn't need the title to make the storyline advance and thinking about it the title isn't necessary in personal feuds, take Styles V Daniels thats blood, tables and a unborn bastard child, I think Aries will hold it past/up to BFG otherwise whats the point

I think the crowd is good as its gonna get at that PPV or any in the Impact Zone, im sick off that bitch in the crowd really pissing me off screaming over people, theres a chant and shes over everyone she needs to GTFO, its always women, years ago there was a Styles chick just screaming

There would be no point to having Aries win it if Roode is going to get it back in a month or two, he was the longest TNA champion so in his mind he is the best TNA champion which is why everyone thought he was going to retain because he was on his high horse due to having the longest reign and Storm kicking his ass and taking the belt would of been more gratifying then him losing it and then winning it back the next month, you have made Roode a vulnerable champion and took away that momentum from Aries all in a month, a three month reign which includes Hard Justice, No Surrender and losing it to the BFG series winner at BFG, theres guys like Joe (Which was a decent match at Slammiversary) Hardy is a top highflyer and Angle which would be out of this world, Aries dropping the title against one of them wouldn't hurt him but him beating someone like Hardy or Angle or Joe after he won the BFG series would help Aries a ton, Roode isn't going to get out anything holding the title, your also taking the title and putting it in the feud that has reached further then the title, you can build Aries as champion and have the feud with Storm/Roode still

As far as Aries losing im not sure, I think Ray might have got a win over him but JB did say he dropped the belt undefeated as in never lost while X-Division champion unless there saying he never lost the belt I dunno, if he was undefeated TNA would scream and shout about it thats for sure

Just got done watching the PPV and WOW. This opens up a lot of possibilities for Bound 4 Glory. Will Bobby Roode win the TNA Title back next month to face James Storm or could Roode Vs Storm be the Semi Main Event? Samoa Joe is currently in first place? Could we see Aries Vs Samoa Joe for the TNA Title on TNA's biggest stage?

Very good show and just to support the show I plan on buying the DVD.

Why is it that before someone wins the big one, people are all over them. Then once they win those same people start to slowly turn their backs and say how someone isn't good enough or there long enough to be a world champion. I don't think it's wise if used a year long build on a guy, only to have the arguably, most over face in the company at the moment, lose the title merely a few weeks later.

Why is it that before someone wins the big one, people are all over them. Then once they win those same people start to slowly turn their backs and say how someone isn't good enough or there long enough to be a world champion. I don't think it's wise if used a year long build on a guy, only to have the arguably, most over face in the company at the moment, lose the title merely a few weeks later.

People are looking to the Storm/Roode feud, its not that they want him to lose they actually suspect TNA are someone that'll give Aries the title just because its DX and then drop it, I personally don't want Aries to have a long ass title reign but long enough to build him up against upper card guys, i'd rather him lose to the BFG winner then Roode next month

Apparently, Sonjay Dutt had separated his shoulder during the match. He was sent to the back for it to be popped back in and came back out to finish it... Still upset Zema won.

Zema is the one who should be holding the title when Jesse Sorensen returns but who knows when that might be or if the title will change hands once or twice between that time.

Apparently, Sonjay Dutt had separated his shoulder during the match. He was sent to the back for it to be popped back in and came back out to finish it... Still upset Zema won.

Zema is the one who should be holding the title when Jesse Sorensen returns but who knows when that might be or if the title will change hands once or twice between that time.

Jesse isn't back till like 10 months, Zema had more matchs at the PPV then hes had in two odd months, it seemed pointless to bring in guys if the only true X-Division wrestler on your roster (active) won it, anyone but Ion there would be less moaning about it, its like TNA built it up to be something big and then shit the bed with it, its a kick in the teeth

I'm thinking the original plan was for storm vs roode at BFG for the title. But with Aries being so over they for once pulled the trigger at the right time.

I think this blows TNA wide open for the fans. I think everyone expected storm to win the BFG series but now?

Maybe roode will screw storm out of winning it in a sort of 'if I can't have the belt, neither can you' angle which then leads to a blood feud for them at BFG.

Aries can keep the belt for a while and give us some more fresh feuds like mentioned above (vs Joe, angle or even vs AJ or hardy)

Things really seem to be falling into place nicely now. For years people said TNA can't make stars and without a Cena type over face they'll never make it. Now they have lots of new stars and 2 massively over faces in Aries and storm.

Exciting times ahead

Maybe roode will screw storm out of winning it in a sort of 'if I can't have the belt, neither can you' angle which then leads to a blood feud for them at BFG.

I like the sound of that. Like, at No Surrender, Storm could reach the finals of the BFG Series. Roode can interfere (with the intentions you've stated) and then build up the ultimate Roode-Storm match at Bound for Glory.

We can always hope for that but you got to remember this is TNA when you think everything's hunky dory they go and do something that *censored*s it up again

At least now with Roode without the title he may actually win a match somewhat cleanly

That's so true.

They've gone a few months now with decent booking and quality ppvs and more recently their tv has been outstanding in building feuds and hyping the next weeks shows and keeping things old school and for most part ... storylines that make sense and are easy to follow and get into.

Maybe they've turned a new corner?

Sonjay deserved to win the X Championship just for that fact alone.

I think Aries will drop the belt back at the next PPV. Regardless if he's the champ or not, I'd put money on Aries vs Angle at BFG.

As far as Roode regaining the title at the next PPV, I can see that happening although Aries vs. Angle for the TNA World title would be the perfect BFG main event. Talk about the passing of the torch.

Caught the PPV a little later than most, but here are my thoughts:

Last Chance Four-Way and Mason Andrews vs. Kid Kash

The first match was definitely the weakest of the night... but that's going up against some pretty great matches all night, so it's not like it was terrible. Jigsaw was so over in that match, but I was fine with Scorpio Sky winning it as well. I was thinking that with his match against Kid Kash being right after the four-way would make the match be very, very short. I'm glad I was wrong, because that was also a pretty good match between the two. Looks like I was right, in that someone was definitely going to do three matches in one night. If that isn't some sort of indication that TNA have signed him, I don't know what is.

Douglas Williams vs. Kenny King

This was different from the other X Division matches, which is why I was always behind Williams being in the X Division. He brings a rugged, technical style to the X Division. We got that here with these two, with a good amount of technical wrestling and less high-flying than the other tournament matches. It was a short break from all the spots and face-paced, high-flying matches that were before that. I kinda wish that this went after the next match, though. Still, good to see Kenny King pick up the win, and advance.

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron

This was a good match. There's honestly, not much else to say about the match itself, though. That moonsault mushroom stomp to the groin must have sucked so much for Jeez, though. You could see that Sonjay was favoring his shoulder during this match. So I'm not really sure what happened there, because he was there right at the start of the Ultimate X match and seemed fine. It's good to hear that he's doing fine, though. As for Rashad Cameron, he upped his game tonight, and showed a good amount of character too, I'd say he'd make a good heel addition for the division.

Jesse Sorensen Update and Zema Ion vs. Flip Casanova

It's good to see that Jesse is recovering slowly, but surely. This segment was to keep him fresh in our minds, and to hint at a feud for the X Division Title between him and Zema Ion when he returns. As for Zema Ion coming out for his match as Jesse was about to walk up the ramp, it was kinda cool. I like Zema Ion (don't really get the hate here), and feel that if he were to add a bit more seriousness to his character, while still being that arrogant, narcissistic heel, he'd make a good X Division champion. Well, it looks like he did just that during this match. He was still the same old Zema as always, but he had a more intense and serious feel to him. At this point, the X Division style sort of played out a little too much, as I'm sure everyone could have seen how everything went down. There'd be an outside dive or two, some springboard moves, and basically what you've seen in the matches previous to this one. Still, it kept up with the pattern of the PPV, being good match after another. Flip Kendrick didn't do too bad in this one. Still not a fan of his, so I'm glad Zema Ion picked up the win in this one. DAT GORY BOMB!

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

I was rather surprised with the finish of this match. I wasn't expecting Joe to pick up the ten points and gain first place in the BFG Series. I was expecting Kurt to make Joe tap, thus putting him in second place, and keeping James Storm in first. Well, this was a good surprise, and brings a little bit of unpredictability to the series, and who will be the final four come No Surrender. Not too sure what to say on the match, though. There were a couple of new things between these two, but it was basically just another good Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle match. The pattern continues...

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles in a Last Man Standing Match

... this match... this match. Where to begin? I would have said that this match was easily THE match of the night, but that was before the main event. Unlike many, I never get tired of seeing these two in a match against each other. They always seem to bring out something new against each other, and this match was no different. This was a great match, with a great finish of AJ hitting the Styles Clash on Daniels from the ramp, through the table, to the floor. Now, I said that I never get tired of seeing these two go at it... what I do get tired of, though, is AJ Styles always coming out the winner. I feel that above all of their other matches, Christopher Daniels deserved to pick up the win here. Of course, that may just be a personal gripe, but it didn't take anything away from this match. The trend of good matches goes on...

Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship

Now, I thought this was a good Ultimate X match, but like most of the ones that have happened in from 2012 all the way back to 2009, I feel it was a bit underwhelming. The most recent Ultimate X match that I can say I truly enjoyed was MCMG vs. GenMe back at Destination X '10. Now I feel that this Ultimate X ending up underwhelming was a bit understandable. Everyone in this one was fairly new to it. Both Sonjay and Zema only actually competed in one Ultimate X prior to last night (the other one for Sonjay that Mike and JB mentioned was the 10 man battle royal Ultimate X back at VR '07, which Sonjay never made it to the actual Ultimate X match), and never really did much in the ones that they were in. Obviously, it was Kenny King's and Mason Andrews' first time in this match. Then there was Sonjay dislocating his shoulder, which took him out for a bit. Also, go Sonjay! A few people are saying that he went to the back to relocate his shoulder, HIMSELF, and goes right back out to a match he wasn't even going to win. I honestly would have been happy with any one of these four guys winning the title. The fact that it was Zema Ion doesn't really disappoint me, as I think he'd make a great heel champion. With the way he won the title, also opens up the possibility of having all the other X Division guys going at him for winning the title in an unclean fashion, when they had to bust their ass just to get that opportunity. A Sonjay Dutt/Zema Ion feud sounds pretty good to me...

Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship

Now this was not only match of the night for me, but it was also Match of the Year, so far. The story building up to the match was done perfectly, and the match itself was phenomenal. This was by far better than any match people are calling "Match of the Year Candidate" and didn't need an hour or so to be considered that. However, as big of an Austin Aries fan as I am, I have to wonder whether it was a good decision. Bobby Roode was doing phenomenal as a heel champion, and I, like many others felt that he needed the title to have his potential match with James Storm at BFG to mean something. I still stand by that thought... Bobby Roode really needed to continue on to BFG as the World Champion, to have James Storm beat him for the title, and for that title win to mean something other than Storm just winning. As I said, it was a good surprise to see Samoa Joe pick up ten points in the BFG Series against Kurt Angle, and placing first in the series. This surprise on the other hand... I don't know. I can only say that sometimes, predictability is a good thing, and I felt Bobby Roode picking up the victory here would still have been a good thing. At the same time, there are so many great things that come with Austin Aries becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. Mainly for this moment, it makes the BFG Series all the more unpredictable as to who will end up winning it.

Fantastic show overall, regardless of my personal gripes. As for which X Division wrestlers will stick around, multiple websites are stating that if TNA hasn't already signed Sonjay Dutt, Kenny King, Rubix, Rashad Cameron, and Mason Andrews, then they will in the days to come.

I don't know how anyone can say Zema Ion isn't a true X Division wrestler; have you seen his matches? I wasn't expecting him to win but i'm not mad he won anymore (i was initially). The dude is solid (well above that actually) in the ring, a heel that is easy to hate because he's such a cheeseball prick (lol), and has been around for a year now.

And despite what has happen with Sorensen and Sabin, i don't blame him for those. It could have happen with anyone.

I still think Dutt should eventually be champion, but i'd rather he win it by feuding with Ion with a solid story behind it than simply winning it this way. It makes more sense to put the belt on the guy who has been around putting in work. Obviously Sonjay has paid his dues, but he just got back. Give him some time to get reacquainted with the audience.

Lol.. Anybody notice Zema might be bad luck sometimes? It might just be me but he was in the match where Sorrenson got hurt, Sabin and Sonjay. It wasn't his fault, I'm just saying because it was a random though that came to me. I don't dislike Zema's ability, He needs to get rid of the hairspray gimmick and that annoying bright attire...

Lol.. Anybody notice Zema might be bad luck sometimes? It might just be me but he was in the match where Sorrenson got hurt, Sabin and Sonjay. It wasn't his fault, I'm just saying because it was a random though that came to me. I don't dislike Zema's ability, He needs to get rid of the hairspray gimmick and that annoying bright attire...

At least he probably wont have to worry about backstage politics ala Mr.Kennedy/Randy Orton

I'm totally ok with Zema winning, but I would have prefered Kid Kash. Zema Ion should have won the title sometime next year to begin his feud with Jesse Sorensen

About the main event, I was totally expecting a title match between Roode and Storm at BFG with Roode winning the title, but hell, I love Austin Aries

The only downside of the pay-per-view was the Ultimate X match. The match itself wasn't good at all compared to all of the other Ultimate X matches from the past, and I dislike the fact that Zema Ion won the X-Division Championship. I don't like Zema Ion. I don't like his in-ring work that much. And as much as I like Kenny King, I felt as though Douglas Williams should have won that match between the two of them.

Archived