Official Destination X 2012 PPV Discussion Thread

Can someone please take the belt off Roode im sick of seeing him with the title he doesnt deserve.

Id rather see RVD with the championship.

Madness. I'm not Roode's biggest fan but at this point i can't think of a better person to hold the title than him. He seems to be the most well rounded performer. There are others who would make great champs but have no steam right now, such as Pope, Anderson, and Morgan; but none have anything going that puts them in the position to transition into that role right now.

The person i want most to be TNA Champion is The Pope. I feel its almost criminal how this guy isn't one of the top guys in TNA and continuously feuding for the gold. At the very least let the man get the TV title run that D-Von currently has. WWE (did) and TNA is dropping the ball big time with him. The same can be said for Matt Morgan to an extent.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please take the belt off Roode im sick of seeing him with the title he doesnt deserve.

Madness. I'm not Roode's biggest fan but at this point i can't think of a better person to hold the title than him. He seems to be the most well rounded performer. There are others who would make great champs but have no steam right now, such as Pope, Anderson, and Morgan; but none have anything going that puts them in the position to transition into that role right now.

The person i want most to be TNA Champion is The Pope. I feel its almost criminal how this guy isn't one of the top guys in TNA and continuously feuding for the gold. At the very least let the man get the TV title run that D-Von currently has. WWE (did) and TNA is dropping the ball big time with him. The same can be said for Matt Morgan to an extent.

I agree that they should use the pope for something rather then just have him absent for like a year or more then just reappear in the BFG series,but still not a huge fan of his. Just don't see it,but thats just me. Yet again I totally agree that having him on contract without having him appear once for over a year is just ridiculous and a waste

I think its obvious that Storm or Aries will be the man to take the title from roode next. Storm being more likely but Aries being the one id want more. And no im not talking about at destination x. It would be great if aries did win but I doubt it will happen then. LIkely more down the road

Not until Bound For Glory. Besides Roode is a great World Champion. He is by far the top heel in the company right now, heck I'll go one better and say he's the best heel in the Wrestling business right now. Bobby Roode has proven a lot of people wrong since winning the title that he isn't just a Tag Team wrestler and deserves this title reign he has been given. I wouldn't want A Double to win the World title yet anyway.

Not until Bound For Glory. Besides Roode is a great World Champion. He is by far the top heel in the company right now, heck I'll go one better and say he's the best heel in the Wrestling business right now. Bobby Roode has proven a lot of people wrong since winning the title that he isn't just a Tag Team wrestler and deserves this title reign he has been given. I wouldn't want A Double to win the World title yet anyway.

In my opinion TNA has really done a great job with the Roode - Storm build up and it's a feud that's growing close on one year in the making. So many storylines end in 2-3 months and I always love when a long built out storyline can be done and done right. Only issue with Roode is sometimes he needs more clean victories then cheap/cheating victories but TNA has done a better job now then they did when they first put the belt on him.

Also the only thing I'll disagree with you on is that I think Bully Ray is the best heel in the wrestling business right now. That's not to say Bully should be champion instead of Roode but that Bully has really done an amazing job with his character this late in his career.

Here's the (awesome) opening video for the PPV:

Also, with seven wrestlers currently being in the tournament, there is one spot left open. Dixie Carter announced that the first match of the show will be a qualifying match between Jigsaw, Scorpio Sky, Dakota Darsow, and Johnny Yuma for the 8th spot in the tournament. Should be a great PPV...

You can just tell this will be the best PPV TNA have given us so far this year (not that it has an awful lot to live up to other than Lockdown.) It will be interesting to see how it does compared to Bound For Glory in October. The opening video was great and the matches all look fantastic especially with the X Division talent as the main focus again. There isn't one match on here that I'm not looking forward to, from the main event World title match to the Ultimate X. Now the question is can Destination X be as good as it was last year?

Lars Only(Johnny Yuma) looked awful honestly on impact. Maybe it was just a rough night but it just was not good. He took the corscrew bump wrong when kenny jumped off the apron then that horrible modfied russian legsweep attempt and then going back to the tornado ddt a 2nd time just looked dumb. Im sure hes better in pwg but don't see him getting a 2nd chance after that.

I like jigsaw and wouldnt mind if he got in but im leaning more towards scorpio sky. I just see more character in him then in Jigsaw. Both are fantastic wrestlers.

I hope at least Sonjay and Kenny get in the ultimate x. Flip Kendrick is eh ok but just doesnt have the look,Yuma already described,scorpio and jigsaw would be cool but eh no biggy if not. Im hoping maybe Kid Kash gets in and then idc who else is in. Gonna bet Kenny wins the belt though

Lars Only(Johnny Yuma) looked awful honestly on impact. Maybe it was just a rough night but it just was not good. He took the corscrew bump wrong when kenny jumped off the apron then that horrible modfied russian legsweep attempt and then going back to the tornado ddt a 2nd time just looked dumb. Im sure hes better in pwg but don't see him getting a 2nd chance after that.

Johnny Yuma has had some good matches in PWG, but he's primarily a tag team wrestler. Individually, he's one of the weaker ones on the roster. I wonder why TNA decided to go with him.

Kenny King is a great wrestler, and I expect him to win it with the extra build they've given him. Sonjay Dutt has always been underrated. I think he was one of the best high flyers in the world around 2005 or so. Jigsaw and Scorpio Sky are both great talents as well. Scorpio is my personal favorite of the bunch. I think Flip Kendrick is fun to watch. He should be good for the Ultimate X match.

I saw Damien Darsow wrestle twice at the FUW/EVOLVE shows recently. He's a decent wrestler, but this isn't the right way to introduce him. He doesn't fit the X Division mold the same way the rest of these guys do.

even though it's obvious Roode will retain his title.

If thats the case then it ll be another ppv and another month I refuse to watch TNA. Im sick of seeing him as the champion. Wont watch another show until he drops the belt.

Ive read A LOT of comments from people basically demanding Aries wins otherwise it ruins Aries and craps on the x division (as in it shows that the x division guys are a league below the main event guys).

I think roode should keep the belt until BFG and then ultimately drop it to Storm for the year-plus storyline big pay off. If he loses the belt before then to Aries and then wins it back to then Lose it to storm at BFG... I think it would take a hell of a lot away from storm. People would would think 'yeah big deal, aries did the same the other month'.

I think they need to keep the belt on roode so when storm does beat him for it, it comes across as he's done what no other man could do.

iamthedoctor - I just shake my head at that post, the most interesting TNA champion in TNA history, a guy who was over as a tweener and has gotten mega heel heat finally gets a long and overdue push, keeps the title for the longest time in TNA history and escalates his gimmick, hes top 5 of the best on the mic in TNA and has came on leaps and bounds, yet other guys deserve it or should have it, Roode is homegrown talent, everyone says TNA uses WWE rejects when a TNA homegrown guy gets it people want him to drop it, its not sensible for TNA to make Roode lose, you obviously don't watch TNA because everyone who does understands what there doing

What people don't understand is Roode V Aries will more then likely conclude at the No Surrender PPV, every guy who could go for the title is stuck in the BFG Series until after No Surrender so Roode V Aries is a three month feud, do I want Aries to win the title yes but I don't want him to at the same time, mainly because TNA need to build Aries as a top guy more and also the Storm/Roode feud

Not watching TNA over the abomination that is the Styles/Dixie/Lynch/Daniels/Kaz storyline I understand but Roode being champion is crazy

Personally I don't want any TNA guy in the ultimate X match for one they have 1 X-Division guy and 2 he was apart of it last year, I predict King, Dutt, Rubix and Cameron, I know alot of people have forgot about Cameron but im a fan of Sabian so yeah, personally that'll be my dream match but I loved last year, PPV and match of the year for me, dunno how Rubix/Jigsaw will be able to compete in two singles and the Ultimate X tho, seems like a hard night Sky/Andrews might be able to do it as well but the other two didn't impress me one bit so I hope one of them don't win as long as King wins i'll be happy, i'd actually be more happy if it was a double winner with King and Dutt

So, so far its Dutt, Kash, Ion, Flip Casanova, Kenny King, Doug Williams, and Rashad Cameron that qualified, right? I'm confused, Jigsaw and Scorpio Sky already lost there matches, right? (On Impact) I mean they should have won imo, but now they are gonna have another 4 way for the last qualifier? Jigsaw or sky should def win the last qualifier..

even though it's obvious Roode will retain his title.

If thats the case then it ll be another ppv and another month I refuse to watch TNA. Im sick of seeing him as the champion. Wont watch another show until he drops the belt.

You wont be watching until Bound For Glory then. He is a great Champion and I don't understand the hate. AJ Styles even said in an interview that he has seen every World Champion TNA has ever had and admitted Bobby Roode was the best one ever. He even went as far as to say Roode is a better Champ now than he was and honestly I have to agree. How can you not respect what Bobby has done as the World Champ? He is the perfect face of the company right now.

So, so far its Dutt, Kash, Ion, Flip Casanova, Kenny King, Doug Williams, and Rashad Cameron that qualified, right? I'm confused, Jigsaw and Scorpio Sky already lost there matches, right? (On Impact) I mean they should have won imo, but now they are gonna have another 4 way for the last qualifier? Jigsaw or sky should def win the last qualifier..

To put it bluntly TNA have 1 X-Division wrestler on there roster (active), they had to use Williams and Kash as filler (even tho I like them both they ain't X-Division X-Division lol) The TNA roster guys didn't qualify tho they were just given it, personally i'd liked to see 16 guys compete on Impact drop to 8 then during the PPV drop to 4 for the Ultimate X, possibly a wrestler could be wrestling two 6-8 min matchs then a 12-15 minute Ultimate X match

I hope it goes

4 way match

Gail Kim vs. Brooke Tessmacher

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Ultimate X match

TNA title

More then likely im right, im wondering if I should/could wait till Wednesday to watch it, I think i'll be a true fan and wait it out but I usually always watch Impact on a monday morning but been watching them friday due to this X-Division tournament, it means three days of cautions internet browsing and not looking here, god im in a pickle

MY PREDICTIONS

eueoie.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match

© Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries

21cwivt.jpg

Bound For Glory Series Match

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle (Time Limit Draw)

33vkxg3.jpg

Last Man Standing Match

Daniels vs. AJ Styles

2u6gqra.jpg

Ultimate X Match For The Vacant X Division Championship

Kenny King Becomes The New X Division Champion

2ivd6ie.jpg

Last Chance Fatal-Four Way Match

Rubix vs. Mason Andrews vs. Dakota Darsow vs. Lars Only

To put it bluntly TNA have 1 X-Division wrestler on there roster (active), they had to use Williams and Kash as filler (even tho I like them both they ain't X-Division X-Division lol) The TNA roster guys didn't qualify tho they were just given it, personally i'd liked to see 16 guys compete on Impact drop to 8 then during the PPV drop to 4 for the Ultimate X, possibly a wrestler could be wrestling two 6-8 min matchs then a 12-15 minute Ultimate X match

I hope it goes

4 way match

Gail Kim vs. Brooke Tessmacher

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Ultimate X match

TNA title

More then likely im right, im wondering if I should/could wait till Wednesday to watch it, I think i'll be a true fan and wait it out but I usually always watch Impact on a monday morning but been watching them friday due to this X-Division tournament, it means three days of cautions internet browsing and not looking here, god im in a pickle

There is no KO match.

I'm sure that the one who wins the qualifying match will be in the fourth tournament match. I guess if going by what JB said two weeks ago on the post show, it'll be Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron.

With that, I'm sure the tournament will look a little like:

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron

Flip Casanova vs. Kenny King

Zema Ion vs. Douglas Williams/Kid Kash

Douglas Williams/Kid Kash vs. Winner of the four-way match

As for my predictions:

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron

Flip Casanova vs. Kenny King

Zema Ion vs. Douglas Williams/Kid Kash

Douglas Williams/Kid Kash vs. Rubix

Sonjay Dutt vs. Kenny King vs. Zema Ion vs. Rubix

Dazman - there is no way Dakota will win the qualifying match, Andrews and Rubix out shined him and lars by a country mile

Misatouki - Stupid website telling me there was a KO's match but im glad there isn't but I feel there needs to be one more match added and if TNA are going with qualified vs. qualified and roster vs. roster im going to be pissed, i'd rather have qualified vs. roster and then qualified vs. qualified for Q4 because i'd rather have Flip or Cameron in then Ion, he was not long in a Ultimate X match and didn't impress me one bit and that was 3 man (two when Sabin *censored*ed his knee up) but saying that if I had to choose out of Kash, Williams and Ion it'll be Ion, I would do predictions but there the same as yours

The world title match is so difficult to predict. I know most want and think Storm vs Roode at BFG but with the role Aries has been on, it may be more beneficial to give him the title, even if it is a short reign. Plus it gives the whole 'cashing in the X-Division ever year' the perfect start. With that being said, Aries can still look strong in defeat and Storm vs Roode could be huge...so I'm leaning towards Bobby retaining.

I really hope Douglas wins the title but I really doubt it. It's either Kenny or Sonjay, and I'm thinking the latter.

AJ vs Daniels has been done way too much, but the 'Last Man Standing' aspect makes it different. I'm predicting AJ.

Can't wait for Joe vs Angle. I'm thinking a draw.

The world title match is so difficult to predict. I know most want and think Storm vs Roode at BFG but with the role Aries has been on, it may be more beneficial to give him the title, even if it is a short reign. Plus it gives the whole 'cashing in the X-Division ever year' the perfect start. With that being said, Aries can still look strong in defeat and Storm vs Roode could be huge...so I'm leaning towards Bobby retaining.

I certainly don't think its out of the question for Austin Aries to win the title tonight and then lose the next month to Bobby Roode. This match could really be an amazing match and I don't care who wins.

Edit: Not sure if this has been talked about and just realized it. It was Destination X 2011 that Austin Aries won a final four X-Division match to win a contract with TNA Wrestling. It's amazing what he's done in just a year.

Yeah they have said about the year thing multiple times, TNA needs to realise that this Aries push is nothing but spot on, he wasn't shoved down are necks each and every week, he has flown under the radar and then leading up hes fought two big guys and brainbustered them both but it wasn't a forced push

When I think of TNA and the X-Division I feel really sad because all the current releases have been X-Division guys, it seems theres a cull and then Destination X comes around and they bolster the division again before they repeat it again (two years running), TNA has 3 X-Division guys and two aren't X-Division guys, I hate the fact from day one Hogan has said he'll make the X-Division what it was, not joking either with day one as it was the Hogan announcement were he said it but majority of the releases are X-Division guys which frustrates the hell outta me, its the division that brought me to TNA and the one that put the company on the map, I haven't been excited for a PPV since this time last year, I personally dont go out of my way to watch Impact but I have these recents weeks its not the god awful Dixie/AJ story but the X-Division thats made me watch it two days earlier, I haven't been excited to see debuts since Angles and Christian Cages, everyone is talking about this PPV

Screw Wednesday im watching it monday on youtube then wednesday on Challenge then thursday due to me recording it lol

Dazman - there is no way Dakota will win the qualifying match, Andrews and Rubix out shined him and lars by a country mile

Exactly, they completely jobbed him out to Flip on IMPACT! so I think they're going to surprise us on this one. I don't see him or whoever wins the Last Chance Match getting past the Tournament to the Ultimate X though.

Archived