Official Destination X 2012 PPV Discussion Thread

tna-destination-x-austin-aries_02.jpg

• Organization: Total Nonstop Action
  • Event Date: July 8, 2012
  • Venue: Impact Wrestling Zone

On Sunday, July 8, TNA and Direct Auto Insurance present "Destination X" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida! The thee-hour event will feature your favorite superstars, including the high-flying daredevils of TNA's X Division!

204_a67e9d105d87a83c2081372f8c241cc4_m.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship

Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode

ULTIMATE X MATCH

To Crown A New X Division Champion

212_2e2843e2ade511d88df42c8a44a73c77_m.jpg

LAST MAN STANDING

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get Roode vs Aries in a Title vs Title Match. And I know Kurt Angle isn't in the X Division, but as he is in a story with three X wrestlers, we might see him in a match at the PPV which would be interesting.

Expect a moonsault spot.

None of these possibilities sound bad to me atm....I've been wondering though, if we will see any past x division wrestlers and other "indy" talent like we did last year (low ki, jack evans, jeryy lynn, amazing red) a lot of these guys are no longer under contract at this point...but what do you think? Will we see some familiar faces or fresh faces this year? I'm thinkin samoa joe is bound to be part of this again in some way, and I wouldn't be surprised if rvd gets in "thrown" on the card somewhere either. It would have been cool if the gut check thing tied into a four way for a contract like last year but...in not complaining from the looks of things so far. Def. one of the better more recent PPVs. Looking forward to it.

So is this going to be an all X Division PPV again? I just can't think of too many X Division stars right now that could fill this PPV unless they bring back some old stars. I was going to make some match predictions but all I have been able to come up with so far is Aries vs. Roode, AJ/Angle vs. Daniels/Kazarian and an Ultimate X Match to crown a new X Division Champion.

Matches Added to Destination X

Posted by: Adam Nystrom of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Jun 28 2012

Source: Mike Johnson of PWInsider

The following matches will take place at TNA's Destination X on Sunday, July 8:

• An Ultimate X match to determine a new X Division Champion (participants TBD)
  • AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a Last Man Standing Match
  • Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in the Bound for Glory Series

I'm really not sure what's going to happen for the ultimate x match with the division being so thin. Sorensen and Sabin are injured with Aries moving on wards. There's only really Kash & Ion.

Either Douglas Williams is added and is joined by the debuting Alex Silva and Kazarian. Or like last year, TNA brings in some new faces to boost the division- Low Ki, Jack Evans, maybe Morrison at a long shot?

One of the tournament matches was confirmed on the post show, and it'll be Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron.

So that makes the card:

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron

?? vs. ??

?? vs. ??

?? vs. ??

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in a BFG Series

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a Last Man Standing

?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? in an Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship

Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship

Already sounds like it'll be a PPV of the Year candidate, and with how Sacrifice and Slammiversary went, I don't doubt it.

This one is shaping to be up to be just as good if not better than last year's event. I'm expecting a Match Of The Year Candidate from Aries and Roode even though it's obvious Roode will retain his title. Reliving some classic feuds such as AJ/Daniels and Angle/Joe one last time is always a pleasure to watch as well. I'm not sure where it will leave Kazarian on this PPV though.

One of the tournament matches was confirmed on the post show, and it'll be Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron.

So that makes the card:

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rashad Cameron

?? vs. ??

?? vs. ??

?? vs. ??

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in a BFG Series

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a Last Man Standing

?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? in an Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship

Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship

Already sounds like it'll be a PPV of the Year candidate, and with how Sacrifice and Slammiversary went, I don't doubt it.

Why would you narrow it down that much and have Sonjay vs Rashad to get into the match? If 4 people are in the ultimate x and the ppv is this sunday,then unless they have 6 x-division matches thursday,I think you heard wrong there amigo. Gonna be its Sonjay vs Rashad vs ??? vs ???.

Announced this week, the new X-Division Champion will be determined in a one-night tournament at Destination X. This tournament will feature current X-Division stars battling wrestlers from outside IMPACT WRESTLING. Qualifying matches for the outside wrestlers started this past Thursday on IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV and continue on the July 5th edition.

At Destination X, eight wrestlers will battle in four single matches in the opening round of the tournament. The four winners will advance to the championship match that evening where the X-Division title will hang in the balance in ULTIMATE X!

Ultimate X is a match unique to the X-Division and features the most death defying moves and moments ever captured inside and above a wrestling ring. Now, with the added value to the X-Division Championship, these brave athletes will do whatever it takes to start their road to destiny; a potential World Championship match at next year’s Destination X!

Current X-Division Stars Entered for Destination X

Zema Ion

Kid Kash

Doug Williams

Outside Wrestlers Qualified for Destination X

Sonjay Dutt

Rashad Cameron

Announced this week, the new X-Division Champion will be determined in a one-night tournament at Destination X. This tournament will feature current X-Division stars battling wrestlers from outside IMPACT WRESTLING. Qualifying matches for the outside wrestlers started this past Thursday on IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV and continue on the July 5th edition.

At Destination X, eight wrestlers will battle in four single matches in the opening round of the tournament. The four winners will advance to the championship match that evening where the X-Division title will hang in the balance in ULTIMATE X!

Ultimate X is a match unique to the X-Division and features the most death defying moves and moments ever captured inside and above a wrestling ring. Now, with the added value to the X-Division Championship, these brave athletes will do whatever it takes to start their road to destiny; a potential World Championship match at next year’s Destination X!

Current X-Division Stars Entered for Destination X

Zema Ion

Kid Kash

Doug Williams

Outside Wrestlers Qualified for Destination X

Sonjay Dutt

Rashad Cameron

ah I see. Didnt quite read that correctly till just now. The part I missed was the outside wrestlers qualifying on impact to be in the tourney. Makes a bit more sense now thanks. So then I would think they need at least one more current x-division star to add to that list so its 4 and 4. Maybe add Mark Haskins or Robbie E? I don't see Daniels,Kaz,joe or Aj returning to the division and unless they just add a random name to the division,thats the only other two.

I hope to see maybe a Matt Bentley,homicide or even Petey Williams return similar to how Sonjay returned. As for new faces it would be cool to see Akuma,generico,riccochet,PAC,or brian cage taylor make a appearance

Archived