Unpopular Opinions

JGPLX.

Ron Paul isn't planning on ever running for President. He's in his 60s or 70s, it's too late for him and he knows. He's trying to make the US more liberal without winning, so when his son(Rand Paul) is older and more experienced, the citizens will be a bit more open and be willing to vote for him and he'll win and be liberal President., as the US is too conservative at the moment.

Ron Paul is a libertarian not a liberal. Ron Paul wants to reduce the size of government and spending while many liberals are for big government and for continuing spending. Liberal and libertarian are two different things.

Also define what makes the United States "too conservative".

Well that's what I meant. I'm not from the US so I got my words mixed up.

And maybe 'too conservative' was the wrong wording. I mean they're too conservative to think about voting a libertarian into Presidency, as it's always down to Democrat and Republican, and RP is trying to improve the popularity and standing of Libertarians.

Both people on the right and left of the political spectrum in the United States are just too attatched to either the Republican or Democratic party to consider voting for a candidate with a libertarian agenda. While Ron Paul will most very likely not become president of the United States in the upcoming presidential election he has successfully spread his message to a considerable amount of people which will influence both parties in the future.

That's what I was trying to say.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Politics are *censored*ing stupid. For the next Australian election, I am refusing to vote.

Tanning is extremely overrated, disgusting and dangerous. Be happy with the skin you have.

Drinking is lame and bragging about how drunk you get isn't amusing.

Those "popular" members who got banned deserved to be banned. They broke the rules. Simple.

Agree with these opinions, especially the first. Julia Gillard infuriates me.

Also, the newer ECW was completely horrid, I say this because once it was over, I saw a lot of people on here praising it. I never got that.

- Hip Hop is crap.

- Obama would be a good president if he didn't f*ck the people with Obamacare.

-UFC will kill MMA by buying and killing every company and say it wasn't their fought.

-Wrestling is at the point that it's just people are scared to say they like it.

-Death Metal sucks.

-Wrestling is at the point that it's just people are scared to say they like it.

-Death Metal sucks.

I agree with this. However, honestly I hesitate to tell people I watch 'rasslin. Can you blame me? When people think of wrestling they automatically think of WWE, and look at WWE's current state.

Politics are *censored*ing stupid. For the next Australian election, I am refusing to vote.

Tanning is extremely overrated, disgusting and dangerous. Be happy with the skin you have.

Drinking is lame and bragging about how drunk you get isn't amusing.

Those "popular" members who got banned deserved to be banned. They broke the rules. Simple.

Agree with these opinions, especially the first. Julia Gillard infuriates me.

Also, the newer ECW was completely horrid, I say this because once it was over, I saw a lot of people on here praising it. I never got that.

When Paul E was booking it at the start, it was pretty good to be fair. Once he walked and they started losing the bigger names to either releases or moving up to the main brands, it began to suck. The last two years, perhaps more were just garbage.

No matter how wrestling is at any point in time, people will give you crap for watching it.

I've found that since I left school and college, people actually begin to be more positive about it. Like I wouldn't have dreamed of talking about wrestling in school, or even college, but now that there's no 'popularity' in play, a lot of people seem to be pretty in to it.

The week before last, I actually got into a conversation about Over The Limit with a bunch of people at a bar. These were just average people too, and others came and joined in too. It just seems to change very suddenly once you get out of the places where popularity supposedly matters.

That whole Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, We Came as Romans genre of bands (I'm afraid I'm gonna call it the wrong name and get raged at) is awful.

Most 70s and 80s music is f*cking awful.

People shouldn't expect people like Snoop, Dre, Ice Cube, Nas, etc. to be all hard still. They're in their 40s, they're fathers, they're out of the hood, etc. They don't live the life they used to, and you can't expect them to just make music remembering how hard it was in the past. We should be happy for them.

Just what I was about to say. Can you even call that bullshit music?

I consider it music, it'd be idiotic to not consider it music. It's just a genre I don't like. I've listened to it a lot too. All my friends are into it, while I'm more into more traditional sounding rock (don't want to say Indie rock, but kind of an indie rock feel), acoustic songs and hip hop.

No matter how wrestling is at any point in time, people will give you crap for watching it.

I've found that since I left school and college, people actually begin to be more positive about it. Like I wouldn't have dreamed of talking about wrestling in school, or even college, but now that there's no 'popularity' in play, a lot of people seem to be pretty in to it.

The week before last, I actually got into a conversation about Over The Limit with a bunch of people at a bar. These were just average people too, and others came and joined in too. It just seems to change very suddenly once you get out of the places where popularity supposedly matters.

I find that to be true as well. Although for me, it was popular when I was in high school, due to the Attitude Era, so people talked about it freely in school back then. Between high school and now though, not so much. I think that is part of why many people love the Attitude Era, and perhaps we overrate that era sometimes, but the reason is because it's not just a generalization that it made wrestling cool, it really did that. And I saw firsthand in school how wrestling acted as a common interest amongst people of different groups of friends and cliques and what have you and that people (including myself) gained new friends through this common interest. But after school, depending on where one went, military, college, townie, whatever, it wasn't nearly as popular and people acted more guarded when discussing wrestling. But once you get beyond all that, it's just not a big deal anymore, which is cool.

I don't like Doritos. They don't taste good at all and smell like a dirty crotch.

YES! i can eat a few but i dont see the whole hype on them.. there are plenty of better chips out there

oh, and another unpopular opinion since it seems 90% (just making up a quick guesstimate) is from US/UK, i like france

That whole Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, We Came as Romans genre of bands (I'm afraid I'm gonna call it the wrong name and get raged at) is awful.

People shouldn't expect people like Snoop, Dre, Ice Cube, Nas, etc. to be all hard still. They're in their 40s, they're fathers, they're out of the hood, etc. They don't live the life they used to, and you can't expect them to just make music remembering how hard it was in the past. We should be happy for them.

I consider it music, it'd be idiotic to not consider it music. It's just a genre I don't like. I've listened to it a lot too. All my friends are into it, while I'm more into more traditional sounding rock (don't want to say Indie rock, but kind of an indie rock feel), acoustic songs and hip hop.

I like metal and I can't stand those bands either. In fact, I even like some metalcore and I still can't stand those bands. The classification of those bands is a bit tricky, but really they are on the fringe of metalcore... not deathcore, but metalcore. We Came As Romans seems more hardcore punk though. The reality is that metalcore is getting big enough that it could almost have it's own sub-genres within metalcore. Because August Burns Red is a far cry from Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall and the other leaders of that genre.

- Hip Hop is crap.

-UFC will kill MMA by buying and killing every company and say it wasn't their fought.

-Death Metal sucks.

I am a little concerned about UFC gaining a monopoly over MMA.

About death metal, I hope you at least realize that death metal is a very diverse genre of music that includes traditional death, along with progressive death, brutal death, technical death, melodeath, blackened death, grindcore, death/doom, etc... even Extreme Power metal draws from death due to the growls. So my point is that while not all variations of death metal will appeal to everyone, including many diehard metal fans, to say that any genre that massive all sucks is stupid. There is something for almost everyone (pending they give it a fair chance) in there, including the initial non metal fan.

I don't think that all punk rock sucks. I do think that some of the trendy pop-punk stuff like Sum 41, Avril, Good Charlotte, or New Found Glory Hole is pretty ghey though. I'm not just saying that because you have a Sum 41 avatar either, I just really never cared for that shit at all. But much of the traditional punk rock music I do have plenty of respect for, from The Dead Kennedy's to H2O.

I like metal and I can't stand those bands either. In fact, I even like some metalcore and I still can't stand those bands. The classification of those bands is a bit tricky, but really they are on the fringe of metalcore... not deathcore, but metalcore. We Came As Romans seems more hardcore punk though. The reality is that metalcore is getting big enough that it could almost have it's own sub-genres within metalcore. Because August Burns Red is a far cry from Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall and the other leaders of that genre.

- Hip Hop is crap.

-Death Metal sucks.

About death metal, I hope you at least realize that death metal is a very diverse genre of music that includes traditional death, along with progressive death, brutal death, technical death, melodeath, blackened death, grindcore, death/doom, etc... even Extreme Power metal draws from death due to the growls. So my point is that while not all variations of death metal will appeal to everyone, including many diehard metal fans, to say that any genre that massive all sucks is stupid. There is something for almost everyone (pending they give it a fair chance) in there, including the initial non metal fan.

I don't think that all punk rock sucks. I do think that some of the trendy pop-punk stuff like Sum 41, Avril, Good Charlotte, or New Found Glory Hole is pretty ghey though. I'm not just saying that because you have a Sum 41 avatar either, I just really never cared for that shit at all. But much of the traditional punk rock music I do have plenty of respect for, from The Dead Kennedy's to H2O.

I just don't like death metal but Sum 41 is different, they are the band that the songs you hear are the pop like songs but they are more of a Alternative Metal band after being back together.

Also, Metalcore is at that point, but dumb people continue to call them Screamo bands. They need to atleast separate bands like A Day to Remember with their pop punk style and Underoath's Christian lyrics.

England are gonna win the Euro's.

Finally, someone who's patriotic. C'mon Three Lions!

Anyway, here's some of mine:

-All sauces taste horrible, besides that BBQ sauce you get from Chinese takeaway that's like a thick gravy.

-Enter Shikari are a good band (that's at least unpopular at my school).

-Bring Me The Horizon aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be.

-Whilst on the topic, Oli Sykes is a *Censored*.

-So is Pete Wentz

-Minecraft isn't as nerdy as people make it out to be.

I don't think Justin Bieber deserves all the hate he gets. It's unnecessary and immature, and most people who hate on him probably only do it to look 'cool'. Tell me, how many of you that hate on JB have actually listened to any of his songs? I don't like him as a singer, but it doesn't mean I hate him as a person.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion.

I want barbedwire and flame tattoo's to become popular again.

Please tell me you have either a barbed-wire and/or a flame tattoo.

An unpopular opinion that I have is that Mark Sanchez is going to have a fantastic season next time around.

- Hip Hop is crap.

-Death Metal sucks.

I just don't like death metal but Sum 41 is different, they are the band that the songs you hear are the pop like songs but they are more of a Alternative Metal band after being back together.

Also, Metalcore is at that point, but dumb people continue to call them Screamo bands. They need to atleast separate bands like A Day to Remember with their pop punk style and Underoath's Christian lyrics.

Well even though I don't like them, there is nothing wrong with you liking Sum 41... and perhaps pop punk may not even be the best descriptor for them. But calling Sum 41 an alternative metal band is like calling a slingshot a surface-to-air missle.

Also, you're right that it seems that screamo is universally rejected... in that it is used to define certain types of music (often derogatory) but yet nobody actually claims it. Emo fans hate screamo, metal fans hate screamo, punk fans hate screamo, metalcore and even deathcore fans hate screamo. If screamo is supposedly a weird combination of any of the above, how come nobody claims it?

Hip Hop, when done right, requires more artistic creativity than any other music genre.

Personally I think it's harder write a hip hop song than it is to write lyrics to a song from any other genre. And when people can freestyle it just blows my mind. It's amazing how it just comes so natural for some.

Pi is exactly 3

No. Just no. You bastard.

Time has come for the world to accept it as fact.

3.1415926535897932384626433 4 lyfe!

If I got that wrong, I suck at being 'that asshole who can remember Pi to more decimal places than what is actually required of a person'.

Archived