officially There isnt going to be an All Stars 2

Rawad

That sucks, but I didn't expect a sequel. Still love All-Stars and love playing online. It's so much more playable than WWE'12.

Can you still play it online? Didn't the studio get closed and with it the servers?

Only the company closed.

That sucks, but I didn't expect a sequel. Still love All-Stars and love playing online. It's so much more playable than WWE'12.

Can you still play it online? Didn't the studio get closed and with it the servers?

Only the company closed.

So....the company closed but it left the servers running? Would have thought it would have all shut down...

THQ Owns San Diego

San Diego owns Source Code/Server

THQ Owns Source Code/Server.

Studio closes, Source Code/Server sent to another studio.

Sequel can still be made.

A closing of a studio doesn't mean the source code is dead or anything. A sequel can very well be made. This happens all the time. Studios close and source codes are sent to another one. All-Stars 2 can still be made but it won't be as good as the first because San Diego's wrestling knowledge and enthusiasm were beyond anything I've seen from game devs.

THQ Owns San Diego

San Diego owns Source Code/Server

THQ Owns Source Code/Server.

Studio closes, Source Code/Server sent to another studio.

Sequel can still be made.

A closing of a studio doesn't mean the source code is dead or anything. A sequel can very well be made. This happens all the time. Studios close and source codes are sent to another one. All-Stars 2 can still be made but it won't be as good as the first because San Diego's wrestling knowledge and enthusiasm were beyond anything I've seen from game devs.

I agree but it wont be the same because they don't have the same knowlege and enthusiams like you said , as well there would be different creators making the game so it will trun out different, I think they still made a fatle mistake closing Thq SanDiego, Prob most of the creators who made All Stars got fired.

Don't mean the All Stars will be gone,There is still a little chance for a sequel by the same team or at least some of them(mostly main)!!

You're right, weren't the guys who worked on All-Stars the same guys who worked on the TNA game? I heard that after the TNA game that studio closed and they got hired by THQ to make Allstars so maybe the THQ Sandiego guys are still working for THQ and they get another shot...

I love BOTH All Stars&WWE'12 equal But in their own ways,I am pretty sad that a sequel seems more doubtful than even before But I still enjoy it and ain't getting rid of it any time soon and might even keep it past WWE'13,I love having two different wrestling games!!!

• 1 month later...

Shame, I really enjoyed the first game and was looking forward to see what new ideas they'd come up with to put into the sequel. Larger roster, an indepth CAM, maybe even a basic CAF... and DIVAS! Maybe in the future...

Edit: Apparently WWE 12 has shipped just over 2million since it's release and All Stars around the 1.5million mark... Not bad really considering how many people were slating and berating the game before it's release

Allstars had the best DLC in my opinion of any wrestlin game. It was so cool looking forward at all the dates that the DLC was gonna come out. Every wrestler played different and wasn't just a model or a skin of the same basic wrestler. In WWE 12 Big Show and Rey are pretty much the same minus the speed and a few high flying moves. In Allstars those two were completely different; some of Big Shows kicks would send people flying out the ring. I don't even think Rey could irish whip people...

Saw this today after the confusion of Vince mistaking THQ canceling WWE Brawl for All Stars 2...

"Its Key to note that in an interview with GameInformer New THQ President Jason Rubin told them that THQ DIDN'T sell San Diego or close it for good. They didnt have any projects for that studio, so they shut it down for a bit and sent the workers to other studio's to help with the other games. As soon as they get another project, they will re-open again"

So there's still a chance.......a slim chance, a sequel might happen.

Yeah I just found this out myself, and seeing the last post on this topic, kinda makes me wonder if what type of chance do we really have of getting another sequel to All-Stars, even though it 's easy to play, I love the graphics, the caw's are easy to do, and it's well pretty basic for anyone to play, also give me a arcade type game, especially wrestling and I will love it...I sure do hope that THQ does re-open THQ San Diego, so they can to cracking and bring us WWE All-Stars 2...I think it's something that's in a very, very high demand from all the fans of All-Stars as well as games with that feel like WWF No Mercy, WCW/NWO Revenge...a classic wrestling game w/o the realistic/sim feel. Well, we do have Wrestlefest supposedly coming out August 29th on the 360 and PS3, hope it's good and hope it contains some kind of CAW mode (highly doubt it though), but it something to tied us over until WWE 13 at least. =)

Archived