Why does nobody make TNA Video Games?

Steve82

Everything this guy said ksdixon is True Enough said!

I hear that Impact 2012 will be released Jan 2013 from 2 company's working on it THQ and Midway, like they did with Allstars however it's set to be a Sim type like WWE's THQ franchise also Southpeak loses the TNA lisence in November It's also been said by the company they don't wish to resign.

Happy to feed you. That is all

I must add although TNA iMPACT! was poorly reviewed, I think many of us expected it to be on par with a WWE game, which is one of the MANY reason's it failed. Given that it was there first game I thought it was decent, considering how many WWF/WWE Smackdown games it took THQ/Yukes to make before they actually made a great one (and seemed to go in reverse after HCTP). The same can be said about AAA Lucha Libre Heroes del Ring, unique roster, different style of gameplay but at the end of the day wasn't up to par. If TNA can find the right publisher and developer, I'd like to see another game.

True but this is why you don't see any other gaming developer developing, and marketing, wrestling video games out there. It's the reason why big-name developers, such as Electronic Arts and Rockstar Games, did not want to develop the game itself. The bar for wrestling games have been set so high that it will need a great gaming developer to be a solid competitor for THQ to out-compete.

EDIT: Yes, I do know that there are other wrestling video games out there but I'm talking about video games that are direct competitors to THQ's WWE video games.

that can't be true cause Midway went out of buisness because of the first tna game.

They were going under long before that.

Also to those saying TNA can't afford it; TNA doesn't pay for the game at all. The producer of the game pays TNA for the rights to the game, then makes it with money out of their own pocket. Things like royalties would be included in that deal of course, so TNA wont have made much from it, but they will have actually earned money from it (that is unless TNA themselves paid the heavy cost of advertising).

Bottom line, TNA don't pay to have the game made.

I know enough to know that there are two Hogans in charge now, and Dixie is clueless. I know enough to know that the younger talent is being wasted so Hogan and friends can take over. I know enough to know that Roode being champion means NOTHING. And, more importantly, I know tna isn't making ANY money from live events, PPVs or the Impact tapings. I know they haven't broken a 1.5 EVER, they got spanked when they tried to move to Monday and moved right back.

Yes, tna has talent, but no one over there knows what to do with it.

Edit: You'll notice that in my rant I not ONCE sang the praises of WWE. Yeah, there is a lot they are doing wrong right now, but when you're #1 you can afford to screw up a bit. tna is the underdog, and lets be honest, not even the #2 promotion out there. ROH has them beat in terms of storylines and talent.

*cough*absolutemark.

I'd love to see EA make a game similar to their "MMA" title in that, rather than simply be a 'TNA' game, also incorporate 'NJPW' and 'AAA' and more. It could have an incredible roster featuring stars from all over the world, plus no one company would have to cover the expenses. I could see the game being a hit (in terms of wrestling games) internationally, so long as it had good gameplay and all the other factors as well. I know the likelihood of such happening is so slim, but I guess I can dream ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first game was over-hyped and under delivered. Honestly i wish i didn't spend the $40.

Me too. I thought the graphics were pretty good, but there was a massive problem. Jeff Jarrett was insane... I remember that if you had a finisher with a pin included on the end, you couldn't defeat him that way. In the end, I had to use the bookend, just to be able to beat him.

Archived