Finally found a format for Universe mode that WORKS

Impartial 3rd Party

I'd been struggling for a long time with Universe; trying to get and keep remarkable matches with wrestlers I gave a damn about, trying to keep the mode interesting and just getting as much as I could out of the feature. I even tried a few methods that we're not allowed to speak of on the boards. But now, I finally have something that works.

Heres what I'm doing:

For my flagship show (Raw), I have exactly 22 superstars. 11 are heel, 11 are faces, and both sides have a faction of 5 members. I also edited the brands so that all divas are on one brand, but they are allowed to appear on Raw. I edit the show so that the divas get at least one match on Raw. For my Thursday show, I ONLY book divas. This keeps them in a steady rotation on Raw as well. For my Friday show (FCW), everyone who isn't on Raw is there. I didn't count, but theres at least 40 superstars over there. No divas. On Friday, not only do I NOT play any of the matches, I don't even sim them. I skip over the show, but I do press X on each match just to see whos winning and losing over there.

Every month at the PPV, I make sure all my major feuds play out, but I set up one 6 man battle royal type match with all the FCW superstars. The winner gets to move over to the main roster. Now I know what you're thinking... it would simply be a matter of time before everyone would end up on Raw, but surprisingly that isn't the case. Because of random injuries my Raw roster stars pretty consistent. Also, once a match at the same PPV, guys on my Raw roster who don't seem to be doing much are also booked in a 4 man match (I actually haven't had 6 complete losers yet), the superstar who is pinned moves over to FCW. Not only does this rotation keep feuds fresh, every match on Raw has been a remarkable match. I even get at least 1 remarkable match for the divas on Thursday. Not only that, the feuds are making sense to me (ex: Alex Shelly vs Evan Bourne almost EVERY week in a remarkable match of some kind).

In the event an FCW champion gets to make the jump over to Raw, #1 and #2 contenders have a match on Friday with the winner being awarded the championship. Though, this is only happened to me once.

I do still have a few of the created wrestlers we can't speak of on here on my Raw roster (was the only way I could get my main girls to be able to face the men), but they manage to remain relevant to the show overall and have never had to move to FCW. I've been doing this for at least 6 months now (in game), and it DOES NOT FAIL. I have had people in my 5 man factions leave or get turned on, and when that happens they are replaced by someone on the roster who makes sense. I also keep a balance of faces and heels on the show. If someone "turns their back on the WWE Universe", I simply make someone else a face, but I make sure I don't turn anyone who is currently in a faction.

Note: I do not mess with the settings for the divas at all and leave them completely up to the game itself.

I know there are a lot of people who do not care for the divas at all, and there is no reason why you HAVE to use all the divas on the Thursday show, but it does had spice to the show. It also prevents FCW and Raw superstars from coming across each other, which could screw up the rotation. If you do not want to use divas, then manually edit the Thursday show to only involve wrestlers from Monday OR Thursday (not both).

Any questions? Post them there. I look forward to hearing how this works out for everyone else.

I'd been struggling for a long time with Universe; trying to get and keep remarkable matches with wrestlers I gave a damn about, trying to keep the mode interesting and just getting as much as I could out of the feature. I even tried a few methods that we're not allowed to speak of on the boards. But now, I finally have something that works.

Heres what I'm doing:

For my flagship show (Raw), I have exactly 22 superstars. 11 are heel, 11 are faces, and both sides have a faction of 5 members. I also edited the brands so that all divas are on one brand, but they are allowed to appear on Raw. I edit the show so that the divas get at least one match on Raw. For my Thursday show, I ONLY book divas. This keeps them in a steady rotation on Raw as well. For my Friday show (FCW), everyone who isn't on Raw is there. I didn't count, but theres at least 40 superstars over there. No divas. On Friday, not only do I NOT play any of the matches, I don't even sim them. I skip over the show, but I do press X on each match just to see whos winning and losing over there.

Every month at the PPV, I make sure all my major feuds play out, but I set up one 6 man battle royal type match with all the FCW superstars. The winner gets to move over to the main roster. Now I know what you're thinking... it would simply be a matter of time before everyone would end up on Raw, but surprisingly that isn't the case. Because of random injuries my Raw roster stars pretty consistent. Also, once a match at the same PPV, guys on my Raw roster who don't seem to be doing much are also booked in a 4 man match (I actually haven't had 6 complete losers yet), the superstar who is pinned moves over to FCW. Not only does this rotation keep feuds fresh, every match on Raw has been a remarkable match. I even get at least 1 remarkable match for the divas on Thursday. Not only that, the feuds are making sense to me (ex: Alex Shelly vs Evan Bourne almost EVERY week in a remarkable match of some kind).

In the event an FCW champion gets to make the jump over to Raw, #1 and #2 contenders have a match on Friday with the winner being awarded the championship. Though, this is only happened to me once.

I do still have a few of the created wrestlers we can't speak of on here on my Raw roster (was the only way I could get my main girls to be able to face the men), but they manage to remain relevant to the show overall and have never had to move to FCW. I've been doing this for at least 6 months now (in game), and it DOES NOT FAIL. I have had people in my 5 man factions leave or get turned on, and when that happens they are replaced by someone on the roster who makes sense. I also keep a balance of faces and heels on the show. If someone "turns their back on the WWE Universe", I simply make someone else a face, but I make sure I don't turn anyone who is currently in a faction.

Note: I do not mess with the settings for the divas at all and leave them completely up to the game itself.

I know there are a lot of people who do not care for the divas at all, and there is no reason why you HAVE to use all the divas on the Thursday show, but it does had spice to the show. It also prevents FCW and Raw superstars from coming across each other, which could screw up the rotation. If you do not want to use divas, then manually edit the Thursday show to only involve wrestlers from Monday OR Thursday (not both).

Any questions? Post them there. I look forward to hearing how this works out for everyone else.

Why can't you speak of them?

I always thought the REMARKABLE MNATCH was just a normal match, especially as the first one I got was Santino v David Otunga, it was totally random, it was on Raw, Santino is a Raw star, Otunga was on the NXT Roster, and because of that Otunga had nofriends except his Pro Mark Henry(Smackdown Superstar) and no enemies. Santino is only on Raw to be a jobber (I have no interest in the guy, so no allies or enemies werev set up for him either).

So Yeah, it all seemed a bit random to me, oh yeah and it was the Main Event too.

Going to give this format a try. Here isd what I used to do to make things interesting.

You start with about 15-25 males. You can have as many females. The main focus is the main title rankings on each brand.

I move everyone I do not use to a Fired brand. Then I set every attribute to a 1. That way if they get put in my Universe they will be squashed.

Then I skip a whole month. I start the night after a PPV.

Then I set everyone else I am using on both brands to 60 attribute on everything. Delete ALL rivalries (unless you want a specific one set up then do that). I know it is a long process but to me it is worth it.

Skip another month. This will ensure any feud or matches with unwanted wrestlers will be over and done with.

Now I go back and delete ALL rivalries that are unwanted again. I decide my champs and Tag Teams.

Main Champs get an attribute rating of 90 in every category (or 85 if it wont go to 90)

IC/Midcard Title Holders get an 80 in all categories. Everyone else remains at 60.

Then I watch each and every match. You dont have to but I prefer to to see how everythng unfolds. After the Fridat show for the week, I make sure to exit and not go to the next show when Friday is finished. I then go into the Main title rankings and adjust everyones Attributes to this:

Main Title Number 1 Contender gets a 90 and stays at 90 until he gets the title shot or drops from contendership.

Ranked 2-5 get an attribute rating of 80

Ranked 6-15 get a rating of 70

Anyone left after 16 gets a 60.

Midcard Champs get an 80 overall as does Midcard Number 1 Contenders. Everything else is ranked by the World title rankings.

I also gave Undertaker one night only of 100 over at Wrestlemania for obvious reasons.

I do this every week after the final show of the week but before the Monday show since it makes it easier to read in the ranking who dropped from what spot in the last week column.

Also I give contenders and title holders Resiliency Comeback and ring escape, or your choice of the three. No one else gets it. This makes the title matches more competitive and makes the undercard matches even and fair.

I have found that by doing this everyone on the roster gets a chance to move up and down rankings because David and Goliath victories help guys shoot up the rankings. Also you get some good matches when guys from different brackets go at it. I have had lower guys work up to contendership in a month or two by winning against the right people.

Some questions:

--how do you decide which FCW superstars compete in the 6 man battle royal?

-what about Tag teams?

-2 diva champs or 1? How do you decide which divas wrestle on your Thursday show?How many total Divas do you have?

Going to give this format a try. Here isd what I used to do to make things interesting.

You start with about 15-25 males. You can have as many females. The main focus is the main title rankings on each brand.

I move everyone I do not use to a Fired brand. Then I set every attribute to a 1. That way if they get put in my Universe they will be squashed.

Then I skip a whole month. I start the night after a PPV.

Then I set everyone else I am using on both brands to 60 attribute on everything. Delete ALL rivalries (unless you want a specific one set up then do that). I know it is a long process but to me it is worth it.

Skip another month. This will ensure any feud or matches with unwanted wrestlers will be over and done with.

Now I go back and delete ALL rivalries that are unwanted again. I decide my champs and Tag Teams.

Main Champs get an attribute rating of 90 in every category (or 85 if it wont go to 90)

IC/Midcard Title Holders get an 80 in all categories. Everyone else remains at 60.

Then I watch each and every match. You dont have to but I prefer to to see how everythng unfolds. After the Fridat show for the week, I make sure to exit and not go to the next show when Friday is finished. I then go into the Main title rankings and adjust everyones Attributes to this:

Main Title Number 1 Contender gets a 90 and stays at 90 until he gets the title shot or drops from contendership.

Ranked 2-5 get an attribute rating of 80

Ranked 6-15 get a rating of 70

Anyone left after 16 gets a 60.

Midcard Champs get an 80 overall as does Midcard Number 1 Contenders. Everything else is ranked by the World title rankings.

I also gave Undertaker one night only of 100 over at Wrestlemania for obvious reasons.

I do this every week after the final show of the week but before the Monday show since it makes it easier to read in the ranking who dropped from what spot in the last week column.

Also I give contenders and title holders Resiliency Comeback and ring escape, or your choice of the three. No one else gets it. This makes the title matches more competitive and makes the undercard matches even and fair.

I have found that by doing this everyone on the roster gets a chance to move up and down rankings because David and Goliath victories help guys shoot up the rankings. Also you get some good matches when guys from different brackets go at it. I have had lower guys work up to contendership in a month or two by winning against the right people.

This works very well

What do you do for Royal Rumbles and Money In The Banks?

With Royal Rumbles, I allow 15 superstars from each show to compete in the rumble match itself. In that PPV, I do not hold a match to see who gets to come over to the main roster. If someone from my Friday show wins, I just move him to the main roster. If someone from Raw wins, he just stays where he is.

The same can be said for MITB. Though I have noticed that if you don't have an event amount of superstars from each show in the match, the game will NOT consider it MITB. So, you have HAVE to have 3 superstars from each brand.

Some questions:

--how do you decide which FCW superstars compete in the 6 man battle royal?

-what about Tag teams?

-2 diva champs or 1? How do you decide which divas wrestle on your Thursday show?How many total Divas do you have?

I pick the top 6 highest rated superstars from my Friday show to compete. I feel as though they would have the best chance against the guys on my main roster. When it comes to moving someone from Raw over to the Friday show, I do 1 of 2 things.

1. Just pick the last lowest ranked wrestler and move him.

0r

2. I hold a match with some of the lowest ranked guys on the Monday show. The wrestler who gets pinned leaves.

I don't have a problem with my tag teams as the Friday show has its own tag team champions.

I use BOTH the divas titles, but I keep many of the divas separate. I have two catagories for divas, and NONE of the divas move back and forth on the roster. ALL of the ingame divas are on the Friday show competing for the women's championship, while I have divas I have downloaded (Gail Kim, Mickie James, AJ, etc) competing on Raw for the divas championship. There are currently 9 divas on Raw. For the Friday show, all the ingame divas, including DLC, compete there.

I let FCW have their title matches, but they are rarely booked. I think the mode recognizes that I skip the Friday show so I normally only get 1 or 2 FCW matches on the PPV. The world title is defended, and sometimes the IC title. My format for a PPV usually looks like this:

Match 1: Divas championship match

Match 2: FCW battle royal (6 needed)

Match 3: A #1 contenders match between the #2 and #3 contenders for the WWE Championship. The winner normally gets pushed towards the title for the following PPV

Match 4: Diva match

Match 5: custom match. Usually a tag team match or an IC title defense

Match 6: MAIN EVENT for the WWE Championship

Sometimes, if I'm running short of room and I want to have a different match, or if I already have something in mind, I will just move whoever is ranked #2 contender on FCW over to Raw (mostly because the #1 contender will be facing the champion on the show and I don't want to confuse the titles).

Archived