WWE Teases WrestleMania 30 Location – Details

Dazman™

In the latest edition of the WWE Magazine, “The Informer” character teases an Olympics tie-in to the WrestleMania 30 location with the following…

“WM29 is locked in for N.J./N.Y., but plans are underway for the 30th Show of Shows. The location? Let’s just say it’s a city of ‘Olympic’ proportions.”

Of note, the 2012 Olympics take place on London.

Source: wzronline.com

I plan on going to WrestleMania 30 so I can't tell you how happy I would be if this is true. Wembley Stadium could easily sell out a WrestleMania event.

I'm still doubtful that WWE would have an overseas WrestleMania, especially with the time differential. I've made this argument before that WWE has always catered to North America by having it aired in it's usual prime time 7pm-11pm EST time slot. For this to continue WrestleMania in London would have to start at midnight(London time) & it would end around 4am. I don't exactly seeing this being able to work, i know you can use the theory that WWE would be willing to tape WrestleMania & air it at another time, to cater to North America as they usually do, after all it is a North Amercian entertainment/wrestling company. But if anything has taught us, just from their weekly television broadcast, there is no way that WWE would tape their biggest event, because they wouldn't want to risk spoilers getting out & losing Pay Per View buyrates because of it. The fact alone, I think would be WWE's biggest hurdle to get over, in having WrestleMania at an overseas location. It's one thing if you do it for RAW or even Smackdown, and have spoilers released on the event, but you don't do it for WrestleMania. It'd be like having spoilers released for the Super Bowl, if you know who would win the event, why even watch it? That's probably the biggest reason why I'm taking this report with only a grain of salt, at least for the moment. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm saying it's highly improbable,....because of the above reasons that I spoke about.

To be honest, I fully expect WrestleMania XXX to be in MSG, just like I, X, and XX.

I think I remember reading somewhere WWE wants all Wrestlemanias to be held in stadiums from now on, and so WM30 wouldn't be held at MSG.

If it is in England why not show Wrestlemania at 3pm eastern time? While they have theirs start at 9pm?

Because the majority of Americans have jobs, church, and other things during day time.

I know it seems unlikely but Wembley Stadium could easily sell out for a WrestleMania and with all the success TNA have been having over here in the UK, it seems logical. I wont believe anything until it's confirmed but I figured it was some interesting news.

Guys, come on! It's so damn simple!

What do the Olympics and WWE have in common? That's right, Kurt Angle.

Where's Kurt Angle billed from? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Now obviously, proportions is a play on words, to cryptically hint towards the Big Show, a highly proportioned man. Big Show was born in South Carolina!

And if my knowledge of the United States map is accurate (it's not), New York is in between Pennsylvania and South Carolina! So obviously the home of WrestleMania 30 is none other than.....

South Dakota. Mind... blown! You're welcome.

Guys, come on! It's so damn simple!

What do the Olympics and WWE have in common? That's right, Kurt Angle.

Where's Kurt Angle billed from? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Now obviously, proportions is a play on words, to cryptically hint towards the Big Show, a highly proportioned man. Big Show was born in South Carolina!

And if my knowledge of the United States map is accurate (it's not), New York is in between Pennsylvania and South Carolina! So obviously the home of WrestleMania 30 is none other than.....

South Dakota. Mind... blown! You're welcome.

Thanks for the clarification. I for one hope WM30 is in Cowboys Stadium.

Is there not a stadium in America with Olympic in the name? I'm sure there is. I bet it means there. It certainly won't be London, unfortunately.

The closest one would be Olympic Stadium in Montreal, but based on past issues with the stadium it is highly unlikely.

They held the Olympics in Atlanta before, no?

The Olympic Games have been in many cities around the world. There have been several in North America, most recently the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Los Angeles hosted 2 Summer Olympic Games.

Keep in mind the LA-Orange County area has also hosted/co-hosted 5 Wrestlemanias(WM 2[co-host] and WM 7 at the LA Sports Arena, WM12and WM 2000 at the Arrowhead Pond/Honda Centre in Anaheim, near LA as well as WM 21 at Staples Centre) which may work against it. Vancouver would make a lot of sense, however it depends on the capability of BC Place Stadium to hold such an event in the same way SkyDome/Rogers Centre did twice.

Another Olympic city that hasn't been mentioned is Calgary(1988 Winter Olympics), but highly unlikely as they lack a sufficent stadium to hold the event. But worth mentioning anyway.

I forgot to mention this in my post but St. Louis hosted the Games back around 1904, but nobody really cared back then... about the Olympics, i mean.

That would be awesome 'cos I live in England! :D But I can't see it happening, it seems highly unlikely.

Anyway, when I read 'Olympic', my first thought wasn't London 2012, it was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZrmvbZf7I&feature=related

Now THAT's how you do entrance pyro. Looked sweet how it was done.

Okay, instead of being all realistic and pessimists, lets just say it is in London. How *censored*ing insane would that be?

*censored* the time difference, I don't care if its an American promotion, we have to stay up til 1am so I'm sure they could break their little routines on PPV day for just one time in what would be the biggest Mania of all time.

Okay, instead of being all realistic and pessimists, lets just say it is in London. How *censored*ing insane would that be?

*censored* the time difference, I don't care if its an American promotion, we have to stay up til 1am so I'm sure they could break their little routines on PPV day for just one time in what would be the biggest Mania of all time.

WWE had Maria Menounos(still don't know who she was) in a match at Wrestlemania, just for some recognition and ratings, do you really think they'll have Mania in the UK(or anywhere outside North America) and alienate their primetime home audience? I know it'd be awesome, but I'm just being...well realistic.

If it is in England why not show Wrestlemania at 3pm eastern time? While they have theirs start at 9pm?

And lose valuable primetime PPV buyrates? Yea ok, good luck trying to sell that to a company that banks just about everything they have into WrestleMania.

Archived