The Official Slammiversary X PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian Cage, BABY! He doesn't even have the IC belt...

I don't think either WWE or TNA would want Christian to bring it out with him.

I know...but I heard alot of people were speculating that Christian would go Alundra Blayze with the belt...

Why would he do that though? He's still with WWE, he would kiss his job goodbye if he did that.

Yeah. that's what I said to them at one point at some website...It would've been an illogical move, but that's what people kept thinking about...

Marks would be marks, it would have been career suicide if he did.

Omg sting took a nasty hit to the back of his head with that death drop. Busted him legit. Hope he is ok.

Sting was alright. I don't know when the show cut off, but Sting went back to Roode drug him back to the ring and put him back in the Scorpion Death Lock. Then he played to the crowd, went back up the stage to leave.

Omg sting took a nasty hit to the back of his head with that death drop. Busted him legit. Hope he is ok.

Sting was alright. I don't know when the show cut off, but Sting went back to Roode drug him back to the ring and put him back in the Scorpion Death Lock. Then he played to the crowd, went back up the stage to leave.

That's good to know. The show cut off shortly after the stage bump so the last thing I saw was the blood on the back of his head.

Just hoping he didn't get a concussion or anything.

As someone who's tried time n time again to get into TNA, as I really do want more Pro-Wrestling to watch weekly, I actually enjoyed the show. I felt it was their strongest PPV in the longest time, yeah there were some duds but the + outweigh the -'s, so it was a good showing. I usually hate X-Division-overlyspottyfornoreason crap, but Joe vs Aries was great, reminded me of the old ROH Pure title matches, everything was done for a reason, not some random flip for the sake of it. I feel like anybody other than AJ Styles or Jeff Jarrett going into the Hall of Fame first is a crock, but I can see why they done what they done. I think the WWE-SportsEntertainment-lulz inside of me makes me love the dumb Parks character, he seriously cracks me up, am I the only one who enjoys his stuff?

All in all, it was a good PPV and it may cause me to watch Impact more regularly. Usually I leave PPV's with a headache because of some dumbass thing like a ref bump to use a weapon in a no DQ match, but this was fine. The house looked packed too, a good crowd makes them look so much more pro than their Florida b/s.

Give Roode a clean defence ffs!

I'd say that is a pretty fair assessment of the PPV as a whole ThreeG. My wife usually says how much she doesn't like TNA, but when we left the show last night she talked about how great it was, and that how she pretty much underestimated them overall.

Here's a video I took at the end after the show went off. My camera isn't great as far as audio goes, but I figured I would share it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlm8OLdf5Nc&feature=youtu.be

So far it's a great show.

The lack of pop Christian got goes to show what WWE can do to your career. When he first left TNA it looked like he was on his way to being a frequent face in WWE's main event picture. Instead his return has been pretty anti-climatic, and seeing him back in TNA doesn't even feel like he's someone to miss (even though i would like him back).

I hated the way the announcers didn't really look bothered when Christian came out, there was nothing from them to make it seem special. It just made it feel to me like he is there every week and I thought the "YES!" chants were quite funny, it was almost like Christian didn't know how to respond to them.

So far it's a great show.

The lack of pop Christian got goes to show what WWE can do to your career. When he first left TNA it looked like he was on his way to being a frequent face in WWE's main event picture. Instead his return has been pretty anti-climatic, and seeing him back in TNA doesn't even feel like he's someone to miss (even though i would like him back).

I don't know about that one. If anything, it isn't WWE's fault. I do believe that the normal TNA audience and the normal WWE audience are very different. I think he felt awkward being out there. I think the audience didn't know how to respond to him being out there either. In that type of situation, Christian had to be very careful in everything he said. So I think that's a valid reason. I don't think it is based on his being in the main event or not being in the main event...

Maybe if he served a different purpose while being there.

I don't watch TNA much, but I watched Slammiversary earlier today(hadn't read the results beforehand), and it was good.

Aries and Joe was MOTN for me.

The Tag Title Match was good, and I enjoyed Kash/Hernandez.

Sting/Roode was underwhelming which was disappointing for the main event, but at least Roode retained, and it's cool to see Sting being the first inductee in the TNA HoF.

Parks/Ray wasn't a great match(but it was never gonna be), but it told a decent story.

Didn't care much for Devon/Garrett vs The Robbies and the Knockouts Match.

Christian's appearance just felt odd. The crowd didn't seem that into it and it just seemed a bit dull, but it was still cool seeing him in TNA whilst in WWE(although I prefer his old TNA theme :P).

Overall, it was a pretty good PPV. Hopefully Destination X will be just as great as last years.

I think the crowd didn't get into Christian being out there because... Well the number of Yes chants would imply that a large part of the fans are WWE fans. So to them, He's not The Instant Classic returning to TNA... it's just that guy Christian who they see all the time.

The whole segment felt like a waste of time though. They should have just used him during the tribute to Sting and had him say some nice things about him and left it as that

It should have come across as 'hey tonight is a look back at our history and a celebration' but they didn't do that... in fact they keep mentioning that it's not about where they've been but where they're going. Cage could have come out as one of many old faces and said a little piece thanking the fans and mentioning some of their big moments in the company.

I don't know.... just felt a bit pointless.

I'd say that is a pretty fair assessment of the PPV as a whole ThreeG. My wife usually says how much she doesn't like TNA, but when we left the show last night she talked about how great it was, and that how she pretty much underestimated them overall.

Here's a video I took at the end after the show went off. My camera isn't great as far as audio goes, but I figured I would share it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlm8OLdf5Nc&feature=youtu.bewhat does your wife look like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlm8OLdf5Nc&feature=youtu.bewhat does your wife look like?

The words of Howard Stern: "Hey noooow".

Archived