The Official Slammiversary X PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

y1mdj.png

On Sunday, June 10th, TNA heads to Arlington, Texas to celebrate it's ten year anniversary with SLAMMIVERSARY, live on Pay-Per-View at The College Park Center.

| Match Card |

24ocd1s.gif

Singles Match

Kid Kash vs. Hernandez

Tag Team Match

Robbie E and Robbie T vs. Garett Bischoff and Devon

Knockouts Championship Match

Miss Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim

Crimson issues an Open Challenge Match

Singles Match

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park

Tag Team Championship Match

Kurt Angle and AJ Styles vs. Kazarian and Christopher Daniels

Singles Match

Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries

Triple Threat #1 Contender's Match

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson

TNA Present the 1st Hall of Fame Induction

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Sting vs. Bobby Roode

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Hardy can be the guy to beat Roode for the belt.

I hope not. With so many contenders coming for Bobby Roode right now it would be perfect to bring back the King Of The Mountain match. It would be a great way to get the belt off Roode and have his challenges be people he has beaten during his title reign. I was thinking Roode vs. RVD vs. Anderson vs. Hardy vs. Sting.

Roode shouldn't drop the belt to anyone unless it's James Storm. But the KOTM idea of having to defend against all the other former opponents is a great idea, as long as Bobby wins.

I can't see Roode retaining at Slammiversary no matter who he faces but then again I said the same thing when he faced James Storm at Lockdown and retained the World title so only time will tell.

I think it would be ridiculous for Roode to loose the belt to a TNA superstar that isn't an 'original' with it being the 10 year anniversary of the company. Storm needs to win the title, he's the most entertaining thing in the company, and arguably the best promo in the whole of wrestling. If it's not here, then it should be at BFG with Roode getting a long title reign.

I am guessing James Storm will just be at Slammiversary to cut a promo or something. I doubt he will be challenging Bobby Roode for the World title with all the top contenders they have right now. It would be cool to see some of the old TNA talent return just for one night though seeing as how it's the 10 year Anniversary and all their names on the poster.

Actually, there could still be a chance for KotM, though I'm not really hoping for it. With AJ Styles getting his title shot this week already, that leaves Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, and Bully Ray to gun for the title as well. Then there's the possibility of James Storm taking up the final spot for the match to happen at Slammiversary. Then again, there have been reports that say TNA want to hold out Storm winning the title from Roode until BFG, so maybe it'll be Sting taking the final spot?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome poster! And I think it'd be great if they brought back KoTM. It may have been a bit of a weird match, but at least it was unique to TNA. Although, I have a feeling it'll be Roode vs Sting for the title, with Roode winning, as their match at Victory Road wasn't for the strap.

Awesome poster! And I think it'd be great if they brought back KoTM. It may have been a bit of a weird match, but at least it was unique to TNA. Although, I have a feeling it'll be Roode vs Sting for the title, with Roode winning, as their match at Victory Road wasn't for the strap.

:shifty: told ya!

It's a shame there won't be a KOTM especially with all the challengers Roode could have. I guess this means he can finally beat Sting clean then.

I was also kinda hoping for a Queen of the Mountain match too, especially with Brooke Hogan coming in. It'd be a good way to get her and Gail Kim to have a feud like the other authority vs wrestler ones.

I hope he somehow retains again. I really want James Storm to be the one to take the World title off Bobby Roode, possibly in a match at Bound For Glory but I can't see them keeping the belt on Roode for 11 months. It's a shame they have completely scrapped the KOTM match because right now would be the perfect time to bring it back.

There is a link to Slammiversary's Before the Bell. I just finished watching it, and quite enjoyed it. I'd suggest the last five minutes to anyone for a nice video package showing a few moments throughout TNA's ten years, building up to the Roode/Sting match.

I'm glad that it won't be a King of the Mountain match, but at the same time, I'm not really looking forward to Sting vs. Roode again. For what should be TNA's most important PPV this year (or in general), the card is very, very underwhelming. Bully Ray vs. Joseph Parks, The Robbies vs. Devon and Garett Bischoff? Not really matches that I'd consider worthy of being on your ten year anniversary show. Not only that, but the only matches that have actual build to them are Roode/Sting, and the Tag Team Championship match. With the PPV being six days away, that isn't good at all.

Considering all the names of all the wrestlers in TNA history are on the poster, I would have loved to have seen some of the old stars face the current roster like they did in a couple of the matches at Slammiversary 2009. I think it would have been the perfect idea for their 10 year anniversary and would have been much better than seeing the same matches again. It could have given it that special feel it needs.

I still see/hear this PPV's name and immediately think of it as TNA's wrestlemania event. I know Bound for Glory is supposed to be TNA's big one... but i have always preferred this PPVs name as the WM event. Bound for glory just sounds like a generic ppv.

I still see/hear this PPV's name and immediately think of it as TNA's wrestlemania event. I know Bound for Glory is supposed to be TNA's big one... but i have always preferred this PPVs name as the WM event. Bound for glory just sounds like a generic ppv.

Yeah I have always felt the same way. To me Slammiversary has always been their biggest and most important event of the year. Lockdown and Bound For Glory have always felt like the equivalent of Royal Rumble and SummerSlam to me.

I'm wondering how TNA has managed to be so seeming unprepared for they're most important and important Pay-Per-View ever. Maybe the workers will put on a clinic to make it special.

Also, why the *censored* isn't Hardy in a match, that is of significance.

Archived