Story Designer/YouTube Channel

OverTheEdge

I have a YouTube channel featuring shows made with WWE '12 (originally started with 2011). It's been running for quite a while now (we started back around November of 2010, and began actually recording a few months later), with this being the first actual mention I've made of it on here. I've seen people post these kinds of things before, so I figured why not. What we do are weekly shows and monthly PPVs--the latest one up is Night of Champions. It's pretty much an alternate reality to the WWE, consisting of our own storylines and angles.

I don't want this to be just some pointless thread, and that's where you guys come in. What I'm hoping to hear are any questions, comments, suggestions--pretty much any kind of feedback from the community. Whether it's positive or negative, any kind would be great.

So, check it out, voice your opinion, and if you like what you see, definitely spread the word.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OverTheEdgeSVR

Pretty cool, I actually make shows like that on my own story designer as well, just don't own a capture device yet.

Subbing. :rock:

I also like your use of original themes.

Thanks, bro! Nice to hear other people are doing this kind of stuff too. You should definitely look into getting a capturing device. They can be pretty pricey, but overall I'd say it's definitely worth the investment.

Very nice, I rather use the Story Designer to make my stories, too, I'm not very fond of the WWE Universe mode. The main difference between my stories and yours is that mines kinda follow the real WWE, the rosters and the personality (cheer/boo) of the superstars are the same, but I make the angles and stuff, very fun. I liked the use of original themes, too, very nice touch.

Very nice, I rather use the Story Designer to make my stories, too, I'm not very fond of the WWE Universe mode. The main difference between my stories and yours is that mines kinda follow the real WWE, the rosters and the personality (cheer/boo) of the superstars are the same, but I make the angles and stuff, very fun. I liked the use of original themes, too, very nice touch.

Your stuff looks great OverTheEdge!!

Great Storylines and custom songs!!

Please can you tell me the name of the custom songs that you use on goldust,cody rohdes,orton,del rio,j.gabriel and koofi ?

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It's always awesome to hear other people doing this kind of stuff with Story Designer, Villain. I'd say it's probably the game's most underrated feature--it just takes a bit more effort to get everything you can out of it. I don't know if you do, or have ever considered it before, but you should look into recording your stuff. And thanks for the feedback on the themes, especially. That's actually what started this whole thing. We were looking for songs for guys, simply because we could, and it eventually lead to us doing our own thing for everything once I realized what Story Designer was capable of.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It's always awesome to hear other people doing this kind of stuff with Story Designer, Villain. I'd say it's probably the game's most underrated feature--it just takes a bit more effort to get everything you can out of it. I don't know if you do, or have ever considered it before, but you should look into recording your stuff. And thanks for the feedback on the themes, especially. That's actually what started this whole thing. We were looking for songs for guys, simply because we could, and it eventually lead to us doing our own thing for everything once I realized what Story Designer was capable of.

Yeah, Story Mode is the most underrated mode, shame it got no love in WWE '12 and it's almost the same as last year's. I hope they add new stuff in the next game, I'm still waiting for Superstars entrances as scenes, I'm sick of using the 'Confrontation' scene as entrance for promos. As for the recording of my stories, I'll may buy a capture card soon, but at the moment I only have my stories written on Microsoft Word, lol.

Once again, nice work on the stories, subscribed to the channel and I'm sure gonna be watching the shows. ;)

I'm in love with your SmackDown intro sequence, but that's probably mostly because Na Na Na is one of my favourite songs off of Danger Days.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how that one turned out. Glad to hear you are too. And, yeah, it's a great song too--same with the album and band in general.

Yeah, Story Mode is the most underrated mode, shame it got no love in WWE '12 and it's almost the same as last year's. I hope they add new stuff in the next game, I'm still waiting for Superstars entrances as scenes, I'm sick of using the 'Confrontation' scene as entrance for promos. As for the recording of my stories, I'll may buy a capture card soon, but at the moment I only have my stories written on Microsoft Word, lol.

Once again, nice work on the stories, subscribed to the channel and I'm sure gonna be watching the shows. ;)

Awesome to hear! Much appreciated.

I love watching these kind of things. I'll take a look at yours and tell you what I think of it. :)

Thanks, man. I definitely look forward to hearing what you have to say.

I like that intro you made, will you ever put original caws in your show?

I pretty much shy away from using CAWs in general, as I don't feel they hold up next to the actual in-game Superstars. The only time you'll see any used are in cases of either brief appearances (i.e. Shane McMahon) or outside of the ring roles (such as Matt Striker and Stephanie McMahon). So, to answer your question, no. I have zero intention of having any original CAWs appear in the shows.

Archived