Are WWE trying to re-create an attitude with a hint of Ruthless Aggresion PG era?

snakebiteSB

Reading the Punk shoot thread got me thinking abit. With some of the guys coming back, CM Punk, Kane with his mask, Dean Ambrose's character. It could be me being nostalgic but it seems like WWE is abit more gripping, intense and aggressive like the Attitude Era and the beggining of the Ruthless Aggression Era. The roster is kind of simular and certain characters. You got Johnny being the heel Vince and I'm wondering will we see a Corporation type stable. Not to mention we got Eve being the Trish/Sable type character you know in with the boss. John Cena even has a bit of an edge to him at the moment aswell. You got Ryback aswell being a Goldberg type character aswell.

It could be just me but I was wondering was I on my own with it. Do you think they're trying to re-create and attitude/ruthless aggression type era in PG?

I dont necessarily think they're trying to recreate anything. But they finally realize that they needed an edge to their PG. In terms of recreating eras, WWE doesn't need to, they should just continue ushering in this new, reality based era, which so far has been great.

Cena has an edge?

No. what they're realizing what they didn't in 2009 was that you can be PG and still have an edgy product.

this.

They're pulling towards the attitude/RA era with agression, blood, etc. and wwe getting fun again, but we're not so close yet. They're basically just doing things they realize they can even though the show is PG, as Shock said...

WWE certainly has had more of an edge to it over the past year, but no another Attitude Era will not be coming back. They have just discovered that they can push the boundaries more.

I'd rather watch WWE from the past year than the attitude era. The attitude era is far too overrated, and while I used to enjoy it, people talking about it like it's the best thing ever has taken a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Besides being very subjective and biased, you're going offtopic.

Cena has an edge?

No what they're realizing that they didn't in 2009 was that you can be PG and still have an edgy product.

This.

The quality of the product has improved a lot IMO. Especially in the last year or two. Nexus, Punk becoming relevant, and all the returns have really helped it become more exciting. I also like how they have seemingly became less strict on the no blood rule. They don't need to have a bloodbath every night, but a little blood adds realism to the important, high stakes matches

I'd rather watch WWE from the past year than the attitude era. The attitude era is far too overrated, and while I used to enjoy it, people talking about it like it's the best thing ever has taken a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Besides being very subjective and biased, you're going offtopic.

Let me add - No, I don't think they are and don't want them to.

Archived