Matsuyoshi's 2012 Showcase

MATSUYOSHI_312

Better late then never, eh? It's been a very long time since I posted any new content on this site. 2010 actually was the last year I did, as I had a lot of stuff ready to go last year, but then the Earthquake in my country Japan completely sidelined any and everything I had planned creativity, financially and socially. Due in part to the state of online on WWE13, I probably won't be making my full roster of characters this year, just my favorites. Thankfully I've been fortunate to upload all characters I'll be showing in this post. But I've talked enough, let's get to the CAWs.

Untitled%201594.jpg

Untitled%201595.jpg

Mihashi Naozane - Probably my favorite character, and definitely my flagship creation. Mihashi is molded and inspired by my favorite present day wrestler, Hiroshi Tanahashi. Within the last couple of years, I've settled into a uniform look for him, basing his attires on Tanahashi's two most recognized looks, but with my own creative flair to them. Character wise, Mihashi is a modern day legend in Japan. He has a rock star like following, and is widely regarded as one of the best wrestlers Japan's produced in decades. As expected, his move set is completely strong style based. Chock full of suplexes, stiff strikes and chainable moves. In fact, I tried my best to give him as seamless a move set as I could. Many of his moves easily link into the next, creating the sort of graceful in ring style you'd expect from a character like him.

Untitled%201585.jpg

Untitled%201582.jpg

Tommy Tryton - A character originally created by my sister Saiya for use in the E-Fed I once ran Prime Time Wrestling, I've since assumed duties of his yearly creation as she doesn't do much gaming anymore, but still actively roleplays the character. The primary influences of Tommy originally was Lex Luger, Chris Masters and various other "muscle man" type wrestlers. Over the years, I've developed his style to be more modern, and his wrestling skills more refined. He's the 1st of what I and others in the "Inner Circle" as we call ourselves "Hybrids", being a character who's wrestling style is the union of two typically mismatched styles. Tryton's being a powerful high flyer. His athleticism is showcased in his move set, as he uses many moves that convey he's a "freak". It's surreal watching him hit a press slam, then charge towards the corner and deliver a Springboard Senton as a follow up. But that's what makes the CAW so unique in my opinion.

Untitled%201596.jpg

Untitled%201597.jpg

James Bolton - My take on the classic "Old School" type of wrestler. James "Thunder" Bolton is inspired by such legends as Harley Race, Arn Anderson and Paul Orndorf. As result, he has a pretty traditional style of moves. Everything you'd expect a old school type of character to have. But he wouldn't be one of my characters if I didn't give him a little strong style influence as well.

Untitled%201592.jpg

Untitled%201593.jpg

Buliwyf - A character who rather quickly became very popular in most E-Fed circles in a very short amount of time. Buliwyf is a monster heel fashioned off of Sheamus when he 1st arrived in WWE. But rather then make an Irish character, I opted to make him of Nordic decent. His name is actually the Scandinavian pronunciation of Beowulf, who I've made Buliwyf a direct descendant of. Buliwyf is a Viking to his core. He's blood thirsty, ruthless and has no conscience. He believes the blood that courses in his veins makes him the most superior warrior of them all. And you'd be hard pressed to argue. His move set is straight to the point. Smash mouth, punishing power is what he brings to the ring. There's nothing fancy at all about how Buliwyf fights. And there shouldn't be, he's a Viking after all.

Untitled%201590.jpg

Untitled%201591.jpg

Ryan Rhodes - One of my more popular characters, and I owe that to who he's inspired by. Rhodes was created from influences stemming from Chris Sabin, Low Ki, and Oz70NYC's character Sean Trueth. He's a classic, strong willed Babyface. The hero everyone rallies behind. As expected, his move set favors who he's inspired by. He has a fast paces, high energy in ring style that pushes the pace with fast, high flying, high impact moves.

Untitled%201586.jpg

Untitled%201587.jpg

Khryst - The character I consider my crowning achievement in terms of E-Feds. While at 1st glance you see a typical "Dark/Goth" type character, if you've ever read any of my roleplays with him, you'd know that's a completely disenchanted assumption. Khryst is the blackest form of evil. An evil that comes from not the heart, but the mind. He's a man who sees himself as being the direct consequence of society's weakness. And it's that weakness he preys upon. I could go into further detail, but I'd end up typing a novel. Khryst is a sick, deranged, sociopath. This year I took a different direction with the character looks wise, making him the spitting image of one Marilyn Manson facial, whilst still keeping the tattoo and attire format I made for him last year. The end result is a creepy, disturbing looking character. When he bleeds he looks even more morbid, trust me. As far as move sets, he's straight to the point. All of his moves are aimed to create the most ruthless, pain causing move set the game can allow.

Untitled%201588.jpg

Untitled%201589.jpg

Pollox Troy - A character I helped develop along side a long time friend and fellow role player many moons ago. The character was originally portrayed in the now defunct text based E-Fed Virtual Championship Wrestling (Which I was also part of for many years). In 2008, I converted Pollox and his siblings Kaster & Helena into CAW form for us in Thr33x's XWA, and now for Oz70NYC's PWN. I based Pollox's look and physique off of the person the character was crafted behind, actor Ralf Moeller. (Best know for his portrayal of Conan in the live action T.V. series of the same name, as well as various films such as Gladiator and Universal Soldier.) Pollox has earned the nickname "The Master Manipulator" through the characters ability to get into the minds of his opponents and bend or even break their will before he even lays a hand on them. But when he does lay a hand on them, it's heavy. His game is power and precision. High impact, damaging moves that lead to his patented Bear Hug finisher.

Untitled%201584.jpg

Untitled%201583.jpg

Jeff Logan - Another character that was originally created by a friend, and former member of my E-Fed that I now create for them. Jeff Logan has evolved greatly since his 1st version in 2005. Originally, Jeff was based off of Chris Hero. But the current version is more molded off of Mike Quackenbush, while still keeping some nods to Hero. He's been Jeff Hero, Jeff Legend, Jeff Heaven, and now uses his "real" name, Jeff Logan. The handler of the character actually fell into so hard times between 2009 and 2010, and took a leave of absence from E-Feds. But in 2011, he returned and wanted to give Jeff an overhaul, which I took care of in look, and he did in persona. As usual, his move set emulates the influences he's based on. A lot of familiar moves Hero and Quackenbush are known for using. No surprises there.

All above characters are available on Community Creations. The tags are Matsuyoshi and the character's individual names. Next up, I show off some of my females, but for now, dinner time. It's 5:23pm here in Japan, and all this typing has made me hungry. :D

Tier 1 stuff, bro. I don't think any other kind of compliment could do your CAWs justice. There's not not a single aspect of any of them I can say I don't like.

I've seen all of your guys months in advance since they're all in PWN, but James is new to me. Regardless, they're BAWS. Diverse, creative, excellent morphing, clean attires and colors. Just awesome stuff, period.

Pollox and Kaster Troy take their names, like the brothers from Face:Off from the Greek mythological brother Pollux & Castor, twin sons of Zeus who joined Jason as crew members of The Argo (Argonauts) in his many tales of heroism in search of the golden fleece. Which is kind of ironic as the Troy family as a whole are pretty much all scoundrels. When we came up with the characters, we thought it'd be an excellent character vice. Thanks for the kind words on my collective creations, original and converted. Time for me to unveil the females I've made thus far.

Untitled%201598.jpg

Untitled%201599.jpg

Cyn Nister - My flagship female character. A character originally created in text form for a now defunct text based E-Fed years ago, who I converted to CAW form originally in 2007. Cyn's (Short for Cynthia) inspiration comes from from One Piece character Nico Robin and actress Olivia Wilde. She's of Australian nationality, and spent a majority of her career wrestling in her homeland and Japan before venturing to North America three years ago. As such like many of my characters, she uses a strong style themed move set. As she's the son of an Australian Judo master, her moves focus on various throws and take downs. While originally the character was openly bi-sexual, I've since kinda weeded that aspect of her out of how she's role played. She's bounced between face and heel many times in her existence, but right now I feel she's more fitted to the role of a heroic face. And the reason for that is...

Untitled%201600.jpg

Untitled%201601.jpg

Morgan Christoff - Aka "The Heavenly Body". My top female female heel, and one of my favorite characters personally. If you're familiar with the Street Fighter series, imagine the character Vega as a female wrestler. That's who Morgan is. She believes she's the mos beautiful woman in wrestling, and anything less of her beauty is beneath her in all aspects. Not like the usual snobbish "bitch" female characters you see, in the fact that she legitimately detests anything ugly. Not just other women, ANYTHING. Not afraid to bend or break a rule or two to keep her edge over my female roster, she and Cyn have been bitter enemies for years now. Morgan is also the cousin of Buliwyf, and shares his general mean streak. A statuesque amazon of a woman, she uses her size and power to full advantage in her move set, which is actually a modified version of Buliwyf's, with less emphasis on brutal "Big Man" moves.

Untitled%201602.jpg

Untitled%201603.jpg

Helena Troy - Otherwise known as "The World's Most Dangerous Woman" or "The Black Pearl". Helena is the youngest of the Troy siblings, and pretty much the evilest. She's callous, calculating, sadistic, spiteful, and all those other qualities that make a good heel. Like her brothers, she was originally developed in text form for VCW and converted to CAW form by myself in 2008. The character is still constantly evolving in the E-Fed world, now leader of a heel faction called "The Alphas" along with Morgan and Oz70NYC's Dominique Lashay. As per a storyline worked out in 2009, her and her brothers are also half siblings to one of the most well known female characters in sim E-Feds, Ashley Diamond. Her move set matches her persona. Savage, visceral and violent. Not the kind of move set you'd expect a female to have, and that's of course what makes Helena so unique. She's not squeamish about getting her hands dirty against any foe.

Untitled%201604.jpg

Untitled%201605.jpg

Vanessa Vander - The female equivalent of Hulk Hogan in my CAW world. Vanessa is the quintessential good guy. A wholesome, girl next door type who possesses balanced stats in all areas. She's overall the "best" wrestler in my women's division, as well as the current champion. Over the years since I originally made her, I've given her a more stout, voluptuous yet bulky build. She has above average strength, but still is incredible curvy. She brings and Technical/Power type move set to the ring highlighted by various throws, slams and takedowns.

Untitled%201606.jpg

Untitled%201607.jpg

Ginchiyo Tanaka - If Vanessa is the best overall of my females, Ginchiyo is a VERY close second. A tribute to legendary Joshi wrestlers like Mariko Akagi, Akio Kyo and Lioness Asuka, Ginchiyo is for the most part the female equivalent of Mihashi Naozane. And rightly so, since they're actually husband and wife. Her attire draws a lot of influence from Rumble Roses main character Reiko Hinamoto, but her persona more mimics the Lioness Asuka in that she has a strong work ethic, a strong code of honor and will accept any challenge no matter how great. She and Vanessa have a friendly Ryu & Ken type of rivalry, often teaming up, but also facing each other as opponents as well. I tried to emulate Asuka's fighting style with her move set as best as I could, with a couple flashier moves thrown in to make her more entertaining to watch.

Untitled%201610.jpg

Untitled%201611.jpg

Hinata Izayoi - Of my Japanese female characters, Hinata is only proceeded by Ginchiyo is skill, and Helena in aggression. Known as "Barakku-Ryu" (Black Dragon) by the wrestling world, Hinata prides herself in being a relentless assassin in the ring. The primary person of influence behind Hinata is Joshi legend Devil Misami, as well as elements of Tekken's Kazuya Mishima. She seeks power, and will go through anyone to attain it. She's the least trusted of my female characters because she's loyal only to her own ambitions. On occasion she'll join forces with other heel characters, but usually only to serve her own means. Once those goals are reached, she has no qualms in turning her back on whoever she essentially used to get what she wanted. Her move set is emulates what's called in Puroresu the "Jaguar" style, which is essentially heel strong style. A more violent, deliberate type of style the focuses on doing potentially critical damage to an opponent.

Untitled%201608.jpg

Untitled%201609.jpg

Brawndie Baylor - A brand new character to my roster. Barbara "Brawndie" Baylor is pretty much exactly what she looks like. A smash mouth powerhouse of a woman. What she lacks in skill, she makes up for in physicality. Standing 6'0" and weighing in at 206lbs, she's the 2nd largest female of mines to Maxima (Who'll I'll probably be making in my next slew of creations). As of now, the backstory she has is that she's a rival of Vanessa's from the past. I haven't fleshed out extreme details of where or when in the past though. More then likely I'll make them both from the same wrestling school. It doesn't take much to expect what kind of fighting style Brawndie has. Every move she has demonstrates she's extremely powerful compared to the rest of my female roster, as to be expected of a woman her size.

That wraps it up for the 1st round of characters. Like stated in my 1st post, they're all on Community Creations as I post this. The tags are Matsuyoshi and the individual character's name. I'm hard at work on the next batch of my characters, which will include for those who remember them TEN, John Irons, Ross Kincaid, Toshiie Harai, Maxima, Toshimi Hayashi, Dynamite Rin & Kennedy Flayme.

The attires themselves are awesome, but not every male superstar has to be diesel, and not every diva has to have large breast.

Chalk it up to personal preference. Sure they don't have to be, but if the creator wants them to be, then that's the end of that discussion. As long as there's variation, there doesn't necessarily need to be variety...it's strictly the creator's choice.

The attires themselves are awesome, but not every male superstar has to be diesel, and not every diva has to have large breast.

As Thr33x eluded to, that's my personal preference. I make my male characters akin to what you'd see in a fighting game like Tekken, and my females akin to the characters of Rumble Roses. And as anyone knows, both feature player models that are built more fantastical then realistic. I'm well aware that it's not some people's cup of tea, but it's how I envision my characters. I make them as they appear in my head, and on paper when drawn out.In other news, TEN and John Irons are completed as far as look. Move sets are another story. They'll be the next two I showcase.

Naozane is my fave. Buliwyf is a close second as I do Japanese and Nordic caws mostly . Only thing with Naozane he doesnt have the same facial structure as he did last year not good in the eyes really but its your caw and your japanese so im not going to quibble over it.

I lost Mihashi's face formula, so I made a new one from scratch. I decided to go with a more abstarct Japanese look rather then the stereo typical face morphing used on Asian CAWs. Because not all of us Japanese people have that facial structure, myself being one of them.

I've got four creations to share, two are familiar names, two are brand new to this year.

Untitled%201707.jpg

Untitled%201708.jpg

Untitled%201709.jpg

TEN - A character I originally made in 201o. Inspired by Jinzei Shinzaki (Who most of you would know better as Hakushi) and the character The Great Oni from the classic Capcom Wrestling/Fighting game Saturday Night Slam Masters. TEN's name to the unknowing is means "Heaven" in Japanese. As you'd expect, he's a speedy, Martial arts based wrestler with emphasis on non-lifting and striking moves, to make him more believable against larger opponents. I decided to revamp his look to something more simple then previous incarnations, as looking back his older looks seemed more cluttered. Of my male roster, he's the highest rated, namely because of the extreme advantage he has in the speed department coming in at 94 overall, whereas the rest range from 89 - 92 overall.

Untitled%201715.jpg

Untitled%201716.jpg

Kennedy Fyre - When last I posted her, she was known as Kennedy Comet. Last year I changed her surname to Fyre and revamped her look, but never posted it on the net do to my personal departure from CAW making. But she's back and better then I've ever made her yet. I decided to do away with the long haired look, opting for a shorter quaff to match her new, sleeker look. Her hair color changes with each of her four attires, which is Red, Orange, Blue & Black. Kennedy's strongest attribute is her speed, and as such her move set reflects that. Lots of fast, flashy moves. She's the 3rd best of my Gaijin Joshis behind Morgan and Vanessa, and about even in skill and experience as Cyn.

Now, for the new characters.

Untitled%201710.jpg

Untitled%201711.jpg

Untitled%201712.jpg

Untitled%201713.jpg

Untitled%201714.jpg

Lucas Faris - Faris, like The Troys and Tryton, isn't "my" character at all. The character Lucas Faris is one that's existed in text based E-Feds since 2004. He's handled by a close friend of mine who I've "grown up" with in E-Wrestling. Late last year, he decided he wanted to try his hand at sim based E-Wrestling in Oz70NYC's Pro Wrestling Neo, and I decided to be the one to convert Lucas into CAW form. It was a fun experience since I've known and had a vision of what Lucas looked like from the many years of watching his creator portray him in text, as well as having a face to base the morphing on through his character's avatar, a male model whose name escapes me at the moment. Taking my own design liberties, I borrowed some cues from Cody Rhodes' current attire for Lucas, while still keeping to the uniform look he's always describe to wear in text form. As far as moves go, he's a traditional Euro style wrestler, and that's evident in the moves he uses. Lots of throws, knock down moves, and moves that offer chain/combo opportunities.

Untitled%201717.jpg

Untitled%201718.jpg

Samanthat Kurush - A character I created this year for use in Vault's WWA (Women's Wrestling Alliance) Sim-fed, but will probably bring to PWN after further character establishment due to who she's tied into. Samantha as any real wrestling fan can plainly see, is modeled heavily off of the one time best female wrestler in the world April Hunter. In fact, a lot of her character traits I've taken from Hunter. She's the 3rd largest female of my roster behind Brawdie and Maxima, standing 5'10" and weighing 170lbs. That frame allowed me to give her a more aggressive, bruising style move set that focuses on doing damage to the head and body. Lots of slams and knockdown attack moves.

All but Faris are available on CC under the tag MATSUYOSHI and the character's name. At the request of the character's creator, Faris is PWN only, and hence for uses different tags that only the staff of PWN (Which I'm one of) have access to.

Downloaded TEN today...tested him in a match against Espiritu...and it was the best match I've ever seen in a WWE game...EVER. Makes me wish I'dve recorded it. Epic doesn't even begin to cut it. I'm diggin' Kennedy's new look as well. Looks like her and Heather could make quite the team *hint hint*. I can't wait to see what Toshiie and Irons will look like.

Archived