Circumventing Injuries & Other Observations

CONight

*Note: This may or may not have already been discussed/covered, I know I'm rather late in the game trying to experiment with this stuff, but I figured I'd post about it anyway.*

So I was playing Universe mode and my CAW who happens to be WWE champion got injured. Most of the time someone gets injured like this, (and I know we've all experienced this by now), I just work around it--even if it's a key superstar. In this instance I had plans several PPVs down the road for this CAW, (I'm getting ready to do the RR/WM for one thing.) While I could work around this, it was a big annoyance and I didn't feel like drastically altering my plans this time. So I decided to see what I could do about it. I did look into certain underground methods of solving the problem, but I'm not going to discuss that stuff here and from what saw there's not much there to discuss at the moment anyway.

So sticking within forum guidlines, how can we deal with inconvenient injuries? We know the game will still auto-book injured superstars in matches, especially to defend titles they had when they got injured, but that wasn't good enough for me. Fortunately, this was a CAW that got injured. This meant there were things I could try within the game. One thing you can do with CAWs is copy/move them to another slot via the creations/superstar/edit menu. So I decided to give this a shot and see if I could get around the injury.

It worked. When I copied the CAW to another slot, (keyword there is "copy", I didn't try using "move"), the CAW in the new slot was NOT injured. I decided to take this experiment a step further and see if I could copy the CAW back to its original slot and remain uninjured. I deleted the original CAW and copied the CAW from the new slot back to the original slot. Sadly, this experiment failed. Upon copying the CAW back to the original slot it was marked as injured again. Atleast this tells us something about the injury system. It seems that the "injury" status is linked to the save slot, (atleast as far as CAWs are concerned), and not to a given CAW's specific data. One thing I have not tested is whether or not a brand new CAW saved to the injured slot will be marked as injured. Has anyone else tried this? I'll give it a shot a little later.

Lastly, a few other observations from copying around a CAW:

1. My CAW had 3 different attires (including the "original" attire slot), all of these remained intact in the new slot.

2. Entrance settings also remained intact.

3. I haven't checked the moveset, but I should think if the entrance still exists, the rest of the CAW data should be there as well.

4. Your CAW does NOT lose all his momentum when copied. While the momentum does go down a little, (maybe 2 or 3 bars), it's not nearly as bad as it could be. My CAW almost had 100% momentum, it's still pretty high after being copied.

5. You CAN copy a CAW that is a champion/tag team member, but the game won't let you delete the original until you remove him from the team/remove his championship. Most of you probably already know this one.

Archived