Will Kofi Kingston ever win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship?

Gooner Lad

Kofi Kingston: World Championship Material?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kofi Kingston ever win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Nope, he had his opportunity, blew it...and so far has done nothing to gain another opportunity.

How did he blow it? The guy did nothing wrong at all.

Personally I think he will but it would be later on, considering he's still over despite not doing much, that win would be huge for him.

Well let's see, blowing numerous spots that were crutial to how a match played out and/or ended.....that's reason enough for me to know that he wasn't ready when they tried pushing him, so yea....he did blow it showed just how unready he was.

Lol, you're acting like he messed up the whole match. That finish didn't look bad at all and no one questioned it until that dirtsheet popped up. Accidents happen in the ring, don't act like that is the first time it happened.

I wish they'd give him a chance to show a little more personality again. Thought he was awesome during the feud with Orton.

But to answer the question...no. I think he will be one of those guys that will always be a great IC/US Champion...as previously said, just because you don't win a world championship doesn't mean you won't have a great career.

Kofi gets alot of hate on the internet, but I dunno... I just find him entertaining in the ring. *shrug*

The guy is completely two dimentional. Does he even have a gimmick beyond "I'm a genuinely nice guy"? Kofi has nothing sellable about him and until he is I don't ever see him being anything more than a midcard wrestler, which there is nothing wrong with might I add. Look back 10-15 years ago towards the attitude era (as an example) and due to there being one world title and a good few main eventers there were a lot of guys who worked the midcard with no likelyhood of ever becoming World Champion. However, it didn't hinder their careers or how much we enjoyed watching them. I've said it many times but I think WWE is always looking for the next 'big thing' rather than just letting some talent stay where they are. They're not as bad as they were a few years ago when pretty much most of the midcard would get released and reshuffled every few years.

This is a great point, and one of the things a lot of fans don't seem to understand. Not everyone needs to be world champion. They can still be an important part of the show.

Nope, he had his opportunity, blew it...and so far has done nothing to gain another opportunity.

Personally I think he will but it would be later on, considering he's still over despite not doing much, that win would be huge for him.

Well let's see, blowing numerous spots that were crutial to how a match played out and/or ended.....that's reason enough for me to know that he wasn't ready when they tried pushing him, so yea....he did blow it showed just how unready he was.

Lol, you're acting like he messed up the whole match. That finish didn't look bad at all and no one questioned it until that dirtsheet popped up. Accidents happen in the ring, don't act like that is the first time it happened.

When it's cringe worthy & painfully obvious who screwed up, then yea there is a problem. A botch is one thing, I get that with accidents, but there is no excuse, for screwing up a finish & making it painfully obviously in the process, whose fault it was for the botch, which was the case with Kofi Kingston, it wasn't like he only screwed up once. Had only screwed up once, ok I might be able to look past it as an "accident", however, it happened 4 or 5 times all within the course of a month. It goes way beyond, being an "accident" & showed eiher how much a clutz Kofi Kingston was & furthermore showed how unready he really was for the main event.

When it's cringe worthy & painfully obvious who screwed up, then yea there is a problem. A botch is one thing, I get that with accidents, but there is no excuse, for screwing up a finish & making it painfully obviously in the process, whose fault it was for the botch, which was the case with Kofi Kingston, it wasn't like he only screwed up once. Had only screwed up once, ok I might be able to look past it as an "accident", however, it happened 4 or 5 times all within the course of a month. It goes way beyond, being an "accident" & showed eiher how much a clutz Kofi Kingston was & furthermore showed how unready he really was for the main event.

Elobrate on these accidents he did 4 to 5 times in a month. I do know that if the dirtsheet didn't pop up, no one would have known that it was a botch in the first place.

Archived