Will Kofi Kingston ever win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship?

Gooner Lad

Kofi Kingston: World Championship Material?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kofi Kingston ever win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Kofi Kingston has been treading water as a solo superstar for a good couple of years now; he's won the Intercontinental and United States titles multiple times before, but remember when he had that feud with Randy Orton? It was one of those battles that looked like it was going to elevate Kofi perhaps into the main event, but after it ended he hasn't been near those heights since (though he does sometimes feature in multi-man title matches e.g. Elimination Chamber). To me, I always thought Kofi was someone positioned as one for the future when it came to being a main eventer, but right now I'm doubting that more than ever.

I've always liked Kofi since he debuted in ECW, but I'm honestly not a huge fan of his like I am of some other WWE wrestlers (that being said, I really liked Air Boom while they were going though). But I want to know what other fans think of Kofi in terms of being a big star/ a main eventer/ a world champion. Do you think we'll ever see Kofi Kingston be a world champion one day? In recent times plenty of people have been given a shot with the big titles: Swagger, Ziggler (but it was a pointless reign), The Miz, Daniel Bryan (hopefully there are more to come), and Mark Henry come to mind. Perhaps now isn't the right time for Kofi, but do you think there ever will be a right time for him? Personally, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure too, but who knows if he somehow pull a shocker and win the big one. I say currently, with all the things going, he has around 30 % chance on the title, but I want him to win the huge one even late in his career.

The one thing Kofi has on his side is that everyone seems to win the world title eventually. I mean, who of significance in the WWE right now hasn't been a world champ? All I can think of is Kofi and Santino...

EDIT: ... and Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes, but it's inevitable they'll win the big ones too, right?

If he does it wont be any time soon. They had the perfect opportunity to do it when they were pushing him in late 2009-early 2010. I seriously thought he would win the MITB Ladder Match at WrestleMania 26 with the push he had before that. His title reign couldn't have been any less memorable than Swagger's anyway.

Nope, he had his opportunity, blew it...and so far has done nothing to gain another opportunity.

How did he blow it? The guy did nothing wrong at all.

Personally I think he will but it would be later on, considering he's still over despite not doing much, that win would be huge for him.

I'd rarer they do an edge and take there time then rush him Ito it cos that's the problem these days

I'd rather that than they do a jack swagger and brig him into the main event scene to quickly

I they build him into it and package him correctly he could become a great champ

Also we don't really know how well he works the mic that will he an important factor to train his mic work and mould him into a champion

Nope, he's just another Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Carlito, Christian that is stuck in midcarder and occasionally a main event filler type of guy for the rest of his career. Maybe in 10 years if he's still in the company they might reward him with a world title but that's it. It's a shame he was super over during his fued with Orton but WWE *censored* up his momentum.

I hope not. He kinda sux. His finisher is decent and some of the highspots look good when he doesn't botch 'em. But overall his moveset is LOL. I mean he's not that bad, but he really belongs in the midcard. NOT everyone will or should win a heavyweight championship. It gets passed around enough as it is. He looked pretty good during that feud with Orton, but I don't know if he could maintain that for long at all. I think Kofi would be a really boring champion. First off, he needs to drop the Boom Drop... it's another corny, pointless move.

The midcarder that I am hoping becomes a main event star right now is Cody Rhodes.

I voted no, BUT if he manages to stay on the roster for years to come, I can see him becoming one of those veterans who have been in the company for 10 years and finally get the big one. The kind of feel good story we had with guys like Benoit, Guerrero and Christian.

I've never found Kofi that entertaining, to be quite honest. Yeah, the guy's got flashy moves, but that's about it. He himself seems to only focus on his high-flying persona and forget about or ignore everything else. Everytime he performs a move, it feels like it's in slow motion and the time he takes to build the anticipation actually completely kills it. His execution of any move looks extremely poor compared to the rest. His timing is well short of perfect. His 'firing up' of the fans seems half-assed. Overall, he doesn't seemingly care to improve his already terrible character. I find him quite boring if I'm being honest here, and he's perhaps the only high-flyer on the roster who doesn't get me excited in the slightest.

Not to say that he can't improve. He definitely can. But I feel like he needs to try and be more creative with his character.

If WWE can give him the right push like they did in his feud with Orton then there's no telling how many World Championships he could win. He's pretty solid in the ring and has decent mic skills (room for improvement here). Let's face it, not all World Champions of recent years have been as good as Kofi in the ring or on the mic e.g. The Great Khali.

Would love to see Kofi as a World Champion, but I think it could be an Eddie Guerrero type of World Championship.

I can see it happening if they can actually give him that strong persona he had for a brief bit while feuding with Orton. That Kofi can be a 3 time WWE Champion. The Kofi that has been around ever since that feud is all smiles now and that will keep him in the midcard area for good. It's either that persona he had feuding with Orton or a new persona as a heel that can get him to the Main Event Stay Status. He definitely needs to develop more hard-hitting moves and remove that boom drop to get to that status of the CM Punks and Daniel Bryans.

Nope, he had his opportunity, blew it...and so far has done nothing to gain another opportunity.

How did he blow it? The guy did nothing wrong at all.

Personally I think he will but it would be later on, considering he's still over despite not doing much, that win would be huge for him.

Well let's see, blowing numerous spots that were crutial to how a match played out and/or ended.....that's reason enough for me to know that he wasn't ready when they tried pushing him, so yea....he did blow it showed just how unready he was.

The guy is completely two dimentional. Does he even have a gimmick beyond "I'm a genuinely nice guy"? Kofi has nothing sellable about him and until he is I don't ever see him being anything more than a midcard wrestler, which there is nothing wrong with might I add. Look back 10-15 years ago towards the attitude era (as an example) and due to there being one world title and a good few main eventers there were a lot of guys who worked the midcard with no likelyhood of ever becoming World Champion. However, it didn't hinder their careers or how much we enjoyed watching them. I've said it many times but I think WWE is always looking for the next 'big thing' rather than just letting some talent stay where they are. They're not as bad as they were a few years ago when pretty much most of the midcard would get released and reshuffled every few years.

Archived