What do you think happens after death?

R A T E D.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if hell is really where all the gambling, sex, and good stuff occurs yet heaven all that stuff is prohibited and you must spend all eternity praying and playing the harp on a cloud?

I think that is a very flawed mentality. I don't think any of that stuff occurs in either Heaven or hell.

The whole playing a harp on a cloud thing is more of human interpretation of Heaven and not a literal pass time there.

The gambling, sex, booze, whatever else... maybe in hell all those things you want are all just... slightly... out of reach. Though honestly I don't think that sort of thing has any place there either. Plus look at the people who over indulge in gambling, sex, and substance abuse. Maybe a few like Charlie Sheen are able to pull if off at least in the public eye. But most people who go down those paths are living in their personal hell while alive. Does anyone want to physically begin shaking if they can't have a drink? Does anyone want STDS? Does anyone want to owe the wrong type of people money due to gambling debts?

What if hell is really where all the gambling, sex, and good stuff occurs yet heaven all that stuff is prohibited and you must spend all eternity praying and playing the harp on a cloud?

I think that is a very flawed mentality. I don't think any of that stuff occurs in either Heaven or hell.

The whole playing a harp on a cloud thing is more of human interpretation of Heaven and not a literal pass time there.

The gambling, sex, booze, whatever else... maybe in hell all those things you want are all just... slightly... out of reach. Though honestly I don't think that sort of thing has any place there either. Plus look at the people who over indulge in gambling, sex, and substance abuse. Maybe a few like Charlie Sheen are able to pull if off at least in the public eye. But most people who go down those paths are living in their personal hell while alive. Does anyone want to physically begin shaking if they can't have a drink? Does anyone want STDS? Does anyone want to owe the wrong type of people money due to gambling debts?

That whole post was great, but that bolded comment is fantastic. So true. Anyway, I love the idea of whatever you believe in, actually happens when you die. However, I really can't bring myself to believe that you will live again, through whatever way people say. I think your whole body just turns off, and then you sleep peacefully until the Earth dies. Dreaming for all that time would be perfect.

The gambling, sex, booze, whatever else... maybe in hell all those things you want are all just... slightly... out of reach. Though honestly I don't think that sort of thing has any place there either. Plus look at the people who over indulge in gambling, sex, and substance abuse. Maybe a few like Charlie Sheen are able to pull if off at least in the public eye.But most people who go down those paths are living in their personal hell while alive. Does anyone want to physically begin shaking if they can't have a drink? Does anyone want STDS? Does anyone want to owe the wrong type of people money due to gambling debts?

Thing is, he wasn't talking about people who over-indulge in those things, he was talking about whether it would be possible for those who enjoy doing such a thing, whether they over-indulge or just casually take part in it. (Also, you can have an over-indulgence without catching STDs; not being able to use protection each time is just bad judgement.)

That whole post was great, but that bolded comment is fantastic.

I think the cutest part of the post was when he said playing a harp on a cloud isn't a literal pass time like he has a prior experience of actually what constitutes living on a celestial residence.

That whole post was great, but that bolded comment is fantastic.

I think the cutest part of the post was when he said playing a harp on a cloud isn't a literal pass time like he has a prior experience of actually what constitutes living on a celestial residence.

Thanks Kirky!

AfroIYH, how do you know that I don't? :D I mean I don't, but I'd call it a pretty good guess though.

And to Edgehead, I don't think that anything that anyone has ever enjoyed is available for them to enjoy in hell... Of course I don't know, but again, I'll call it a pretty damn good guess.

Reguardless of what we all think, we know one thing for sure...

We will ALL find out one day... That's about all we can agree on.

Actually, if the brain is rendered useless when we die, then we cant find out anything seeing as thats it, its gone.

You make your comeback as a WWE Superstar and go on to build an undefeated WrestleMania streak.

:lol:

Archived