CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Should THQ use unsigned bands in WWE '13?

music thq themes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Stoned Clown

Stoned Clown

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • Gamertag: WYHA WARCLOWN

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Unsigned band's although a good idea, could end up as a legal nightmare for THQ. Most established bands accidentally steal a riff or two. Oasis Cigarettes and alcohol, T-rex get it on for perfect example. However established bands have huge record labels and powerful lawyers protecting them. THQ wouldn't be as protected, with the games industry in it's current decline. The risk would be too high to gamble on. I'm sure guy's like face82 honestly feel any piece of original music created by them are 100% original. Truth is though no one has heard every track from a single genre of music, but companies like EMI pay people they like to call "Internet sheriffs" to find similarities. Perhaps this is a huge reason why the record industry has turned into a reality tv talent/fashion show. If they control it from the start they can ensure they only steal beats/riffs from artist's already on their labels. If the record industry wasn't *censored*ed thanks to illegal downloads I think your idea would be golden.

#22 tbennett5438

tbennett5438

New Talent

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I just want some more music, I'm tired of listing to the same thing for 30 minutes

Edited by tbennett5438, 06 May 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#23 Stoned Clown

Stoned Clown

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I just want some more music, I'm tired of listing to the same thing for a 30 minutes

Rip your favourite tracks to your 360/PS3 and listen to whatever you want instead.

#24 tbennett5438

tbennett5438

New Talent

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

I just want some more music, I'm tired of listing to the same thing for a 30 minutes

Rip your favourite tracks to your 360/PS3 and listen to whatever you want instead.

But I want to listen to something new

#25 Stoned Clown

Stoned Clown

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

But I want to listen to something new

None of the track's in any game will remain new for longer than the first few weeks of owning it. If you're after something new explore Youtube/LastFM and discover new music, then buy it.

#26 Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts

#LLJ

• Members
  • 19,241 posts
  • Gamertag: RollTheDoobieB
  • SEN (PS3): RollTheD00bieB
  • Twitter: @ItsChayseDoe

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

the reason I suggested unsigned bands was the fact it would cost NOTHING as many bands would be willing. and although a lot of local unsigned bands tend to suck, some unsigned bands are spectacular, and there is enough online in many different genres that dont suck. It would just be a case of thq posting on facebook and other social media sites saying they need bands, and then picking the best from the pile.

I too found Nonpoint from hearing "Bullet With A Name" on one of the games. I think this could be a good thing for both parties.

no u assume it wont cost nothing franky i dont see any band nowadays doing it without out charging a little something something

From an artists perspective, having your song be played on a video game, which is widely bought nationally, is more than enough compensation for an unsigned artist. It's guaranteed free promotion, which in turn, opens the door for more opportunity.

#27 Dazman™

Dazman™
  • Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well anything is better than what we were given in WWE 12, the generic music is horrible. It makes me miss listening to Cody Rhodes' "Smoke and Mirrors" theme in SvR 2011 over and over again.

#28 Warsaken

Warsaken

New Talent

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Gamertag: SWRwarhawk88
  • SEN (PS3): TheWarsaken
  • Steam ID: Warsaken

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

I think what THQ should do is go the way of EA with their games. They design/use whatever music they want, but allow you to import any music you want to then have a jukebox option to enable/disable music you want to use for menus and such. Would make me and a few people I know not have to mute their TV and listen to music over their sound systems or computers while they design.

*Edit: too tired, grammar gets the best of me. Anyways, wow, only my first post???... crazy*

Edited by Warsaken, 07 May 2012 - 07:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, thq, themes