Should THQ use unsigned bands in WWE '13?

face82

Ok, so I was thinking the other night, instead of paying for the use of generic tracks, why not use unsigned bands to contribute music? They would happily (I know this as I would allow my music to be used if given the opportunity) allow their song to be used for free (and sign contracts etc. to that effect), as not only would it be good exposure, it would also be good for the game.

Imagine, instead of generic stuff we had this? Our original caws, and maybe even the WWE Superstars , could have a lot of choice for gimmicks etc.(considering loads of bands would be up for this). What do you think? I reckon if you do like the idea, we could get enough responses in this thread and let someone at THQ know? It's probably just enough time to get this sorted for the next game or at least WWE '14.

And before anyone says, I am not just saying this because I would want my band in. I would be happy with any extra music to choose from, and t would help us hear some new bands from around the world we might not have heard of before.

They have been using the wrestler's entrance music for a few games now...personally, not a fan. How many times did we all have to hear Maryse's stupid Pourquoi song throughout SVR11?

How cool was it hearing Anthrax, Showcore, Megadeth, etc on the soundtracks of past games? In SVR (2004) on PS2, you even had music playing during the matches if you wanted.

I discovered the band Nonpoint because of this series. If not unsigned bands, they should at least pick some more unknown artists.

still they will charge just cuz u do it for free doesnt mean others will and music is what help sell this game peaple also get this game cuz there fav music and band on it

I can honestly say I have never once bought a wrestling game because of the music.

I like the idea of unsigned bands, but chances are finding a good unsigned bands wouldn't happen. I know a lot of people in unsigned bands and a lot suck. There are good ones, you just have to look for them, which is something I doubt the WWE would do.

Here is my idea of the music,

As long as it's not like Smackdown! Here Comes the pain annoying generic Record scratching and random noises filtered in and garbages entrance themes over and over and over again (Ooooh, you just smoke & Mirrors). Then I'm fine, WWE'12's music was annoying to low. You couldn't hear it half the time which left you in complete silence, kinda like the Free Brawls...

the reason I suggested unsigned bands was the fact it would cost NOTHING as many bands would be willing. and although a lot of local unsigned bands tend to suck, some unsigned bands are spectacular, and there is enough online in many different genres that dont suck. It would just be a case of thq posting on facebook and other social media sites saying they need bands, and then picking the best from the pile.

I too found Nonpoint from hearing "Bullet With A Name" on one of the games. I think this could be a good thing for both parties.

the reason I suggested unsigned bands was the fact it would cost NOTHING as many bands would be willing. and although a lot of local unsigned bands tend to suck, some unsigned bands are spectacular, and there is enough online in many different genres that dont suck. It would just be a case of thq posting on facebook and other social media sites saying they need bands, and then picking the best from the pile.

I too found Nonpoint from hearing "Bullet With A Name" on one of the games. I think this could be a good thing for both parties.

no u assume it wont cost nothing franky i dont see any band nowadays doing it without out charging a little something something

Legends of Wrestling I & II had Saliva and others with their budget soooo.

Wrestlemania X8 had Drowning Pool and Smackdown! vs RAW 2006 had a good music bit too..

I guess it's reflective of WWE's tv product.

Them using rock for PPV hype videos are what got me into that type of music and I'd like to see it return in all aspects-

no u assume it wont cost nothing franky i dont see any band nowadays doing it without out charging a little something something

We are talking about unsigned bands who have never been heard of before; not major bands on record labels such as Epitaph and the like. The majority of unsigned bands would do it for free due to the publicity. Hell, if they take notice of this idea then I better get into action with my band, as I love the WWE games and I'd love to have a song by my own band playing whilst I play the game.

We are talking about unsigned bands who have never been heard of before; not major bands on record labels such as Epitaph and the like. The majority of unsigned bands would do it for free due to the publicity. Hell, if they take notice of this idea then I better get into action with my band, as I love the WWE games and I'd love to have a song by my own band playing whilst I play the game.

Glad to hear someone else with a band agree that they'd do it free! now lets get more people to say how much they like this idea, so we can present THQ with the concept. you never know, wwe may not even let them if they wanted to.

• 3 weeks later...

Better yet, if we can customize wrestler's entrance music by uploading our own mp3s, whynot give us the option to do the same for our in-game soundtrack?

You can.

Mute bg music, play console music-

Better yet, if we can customize wrestler's entrance music by uploading our own mp3s, whynot give us the option to do the same for our in-game soundtrack?

You can.

ONLY on 360. NOT for PS3

You can.

ONLY on 360. NOT for PS3

I am on PS3...even if I had a 360, still not looking to replace entrance music and match commentary/sounds, only the music that plays during title, VS, loading screens, etc.

Unsigned band's although a good idea, could end up as a legal nightmare for THQ. Most established bands accidentally steal a riff or two. Oasis Cigarettes and alcohol, T-rex get it on for perfect example. However established bands have huge record labels and powerful lawyers protecting them. THQ wouldn't be as protected, with the games industry in it's current decline. The risk would be too high to gamble on. I'm sure guy's like face82 honestly feel any piece of original music created by them are 100% original. Truth is though no one has heard every track from a single genre of music, but companies like EMI pay people they like to call "Internet sheriffs" to find similarities. Perhaps this is a huge reason why the record industry has turned into a reality tv talent/fashion show. If they control it from the start they can ensure they only steal beats/riffs from artist's already on their labels. If the record industry wasn't *censored*ed thanks to illegal downloads I think your idea would be golden.

I just want some more music, I'm tired of listing to the same thing for a 30 minutes

Rip your favourite tracks to your 360/PS3 and listen to whatever you want instead.

But I want to listen to something new

None of the track's in any game will remain new for longer than the first few weeks of owning it. If you're after something new explore Youtube/LastFM and discover new music, then buy it.

Archived