• Bryan Danielson
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • Cody Rhodes
    • The Miz
    • Wade Barrett
    • Dean Ambrose
    • Another wrestler
    • I voted "No"

Should HBK ever return to the ring for one final match at WrestleMania? I know, he said he will not compete in another wrestling match ever again, but who knows, maybe he's gonna change his mind sometime in the future. There were rumors about him facing DX-buddy Triple H on next year's WM after all; perhaps the officials took that plan under consideration at one point. And I'm pretty sure Michaels is technically still able to wrestle a 5-star match and steal the show, since he retired because he wanted to, not because of an injury.

Personally, I'm a bit torn between him returning and staying away. On one hand, he had a fantastic retirement match at WrestleMania XXVI against The Undertaker and a perfect exit on the following RAW, but on the other hand, I kind of want to see the Showstopper face his apprentice, Bryan Danielson, at a future WrestleMania in order to elevate him to new heights, completely establish him in the main event and as the heel in the WWE (since he's staying a villain). I'd probably say yes for one last match, but only if it helps a youngster; a match against someone like HHH would be a total waste.

What do you guys think?

Nope, he's retired. He should leave it that way.

HBK was one of the very best of all time, there's no point in potentially damaging his legacy by coming out of retirement again.

It never fails me, whenever I go into a topic there is almost always someone who has posted pretty much what I would have said, yours is such a post. :cool:

No, he had a great send out in 2010 but if he ever did it would have to be a WrestleMania match. I would have liked a one on one match between him and Triple H at WM but I don't see it being possible now. A Teacher vs. Student match against Daniel Bryan would be great as well but like I said should only happen at WrestleMania.

I only wanted him to be the referee for last year's Wrestlemania, and then be in a triple threat match at the one that just passed. If he does ever come back (so possibly next year,) I'd want him to face Triple H and Undertaker.

You know they won't stick to the end of an era crap.

I'd like him to stick to his word and stay retired, but one more match would be nice to watch. He can still go with the best of them (considering he is the best of them).

I'd also like to add that people need to get out of the habbit of calling D-Bry' Bryan Danielson, I can understand that's his real name, but you wouldn't call The Undertaker Mark Calloway. His ring-name is Daniel Bryan now.

Don't wanna see it. He retired, he should stay retired. HBK's my all time favorite but I'd rather he stayed retired and stick to his word then break it for one last match.

I'd also like to add that people need to get out of the habbit of calling D-Bry' Bryan Danielson, I can understand that's his real name, but you wouldn't call The Undertaker Mark Calloway. His ring-name is Daniel Bryan now.

Only Taker's never wrestled as Mark Calloway, Bryan used his real name on the Indys for years. I don't think it's a problem if people still identify or call him by that, that's what he's known by for alot of people who've followed his career from the start.

Don't wanna see it. He retired, he should stay retired. HBK's my all time favorite but I'd rather he stayed retired and stick to his word then break it for one last match.

Only Taker's never wrestled as Mark Calloway,

"Mean" Mark Calloway wants a word with you :shifty:

Edit: nvm, I bite my tongue, Mean Mark Callous was his ring name back then -_-

Callous, not Calloway

Was it Mean Mark Calloway or Mean Mark Callous? I thought it was Callous.

I want Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement. I don't know why people are so offended by the idea of him having one more match. If he really stays retired, he'll be one of the first big-name wrestlers to make good on his word. Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Bob Backlund, Sting and countless others have "retired" from wrestling several times.

I'd also love to see HBK get in the ring one more time to face Daniel Bryan. Who wouldn't want to see that? Shawn Michaels can still go. Age is just a number. If he's capable of having good matches and willing to put younger guys over, I don't see any problem with him returning.

I want Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement. I don't know why people are so offended by the idea of him having one more match. If he really stays retired, he'll be one of the first big-name wrestlers to make good on his word. Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Bob Backlund, Sting and countless others have "retired" from wrestling several times.

I'd also love to see HBK get in the ring one more time to face Daniel Bryan. Who wouldn't want to see that? Shawn Michaels can still go. Age is just a number. If he's capable of having good matches and willing to put younger guys over, I don't see any problem with him returning.

But if you're retired, then stay retired. What's the point of saying you're retiring then saying "lolzaprilfools" and come back? HBK wanted to retire so stay retired. If you want to come back to add to the product like being the GM, ok, but don't get in the ring.

You obviously do not get it. People do not call him or associate than name because it is his name irl. Just like how Tyler Black, Claudio, Hero etc will probably always be referred to by those names because they used those names before they came to the "E". It is more to do with their careers, than a name irl.

Only Taker's never wrestled as Mark Calloway, Bryan used his real name on the Indys for years. I don't think it's a problem if people still identify or call him by that, that's what he's known by for alot of people who've followed his career from the start.

Perfect answer ^.

Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels would be an interesting feud. I voted no, but in a what-if situation, I would like it to happen against Bryan.

It wouldn't be just a teacher vs. student-feud, because the general consensus in the WWE is that Michaels trained & mentored Bryan, it has been referenced plenty of times by the commentators, wwe.com articles, that was it, but Bryan himself has subtly hinted, in promo's, that this consensus is far off from the truth, basically calling HBK's influence on his career & training quite minimal. It might even bring William Regal, his true trainer & mentor so to say, back on TV in the process. So that would be a very interesting one.

Yes, he should come back for one more match.

He should face The Miz, of course. :P

But seriously...

I've always wanted to see HBK vs Cody Rhodes. I seriously think that would have been a really great (5-star) match.

Although I think HBK retired too soon (there's so many amazing matches he could have had), I think he had the perfect send-off which shouldn't be ruined.

Archived