Cage Matches with Stipulations Planned for WWE's No Way Out Pay-Per-View, News on the Kane vs. Orton Feud, More

Chazzle.

- As noted before, WWE will be bringing back the No Way Out pay-per-view this year on June 17th from East Rutherford, New Jersey. The new No Way Out DVD synopsis indicates a format change for the event.

Rumors a few months back were that No Way Out would feature more cage matches, similar to TNA's Lockdown pay-per-view. The synopsis below indicates cage matches with various stipulations. Here's the DVD synopsis:

"After a three year hiatus, WWE No Way Out is back and recharged! The annual pay-per-view that became notorious for its brutal, main event Steel Cage Matches gets reincarnated, but this time the Superstars of WWE will take the thematic event a step further, as they find new and innovative ways to prevent opponents from escaping. All stipulations in place, which may include Lumberjack, Strap, Chain, Steel Cage, Handcuff Matches or more will ensure no respite from the chaos inside the ring."

- Mick Foley commented on traveling for WWE this week:

"1,700 driving miles in 3 days has given me a much clearer image of what I am willing, and NOT willing to do in WWE. Fog is finally lifting."

- WWE's DVD on The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak that comes out in a few months will be a four-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray.

- The feud between Kane and Randy Orton will end at WWE's Extreme Rules pay-per-view. No word yet on what's planned for either Superstar. At last word, Orton wasn't scheduled for a World Heavyweight Title feud until later this year.

Source: Lords Of Pain

Probably, hope he don't though, Kane lost his feud to Cena so he definitely should win this one. I can see him feuding with Punk next and with Punk WWE Champion, I don't see Kane winning that one. Kane needs to win this feud more than Orton does.

Probably, hope he don't though, Kane lost his feud to Cena so he definitely should win this one. I can see him feuding with Punk next and with Punk WWE Champion, I don't see Kane winning that one. Kane needs to win this feud more than Orton does.

I agree with this completely. Although, I don't see the point in this feud for either Kane or Orton. Kane has said multiple times in the past he'd rather be putting over younger talent to help establish them, but Orton is a 9 time World Champion. More than established, really.

The one person I'd like to see Orton feud with after Kane is Daniel Bryan. That feud could be epic, I think.

As for Kane, I wouldn't mind seeing him feud with Kofi Kingston. Would help put over Kofi and perhaps push him towards main event level.

Kane already got his big win, so Orton should take this one.

A lumberjack cage match is a cool concept, I'd really like to see that actually. Sounds like a solid PPV, hopefully the card's good.

Yeah, especially in a World Title match or something since the result would be unpredictable and the lumberjacks would be the people with the power to decide the result of the match.

This type of concept would be really cool if it had D-Bry in the match since he plays his heel character really well so it'd be great to watch him order the lumberjacks to move away and threaten them etc.

Punjabi Prison, I'm calling it.

Modified Punjabi Prison match. Steel Cage on the ring, the giant HIAC surrounding it. Same objective, escape the first cage, then get to the door and force your way out of HIAC. Could be interesting anyways.

People are reading this wrong. There will not be a Steel Cage Lumber Jack match. The purpose of No Way Out is for the wrestlers to not be able to leave the ring. Steel Cage matches prevent leaving the ring during the match, as do lumberj ack match and handcuff matches. Not every match is a cage match.

With the possible Lumberjack Steel Cage match, I could probably see a spot of somebody falling off the top onto the wrestlers around ringside...

or probably not...

*shrug*

Not happening. The match, that is. Steel Cage and Lumberjack matches were two seperate examples in the preview.

I hate having gimmick PPV's - and the thing that annoys me about that synopsis is that it says NWO is renowed for Steel Cage matches. Show/JBL aside, I don't remember them having one. Bullshit. Stick it back in February and make that PPV interesting again.

People are reading this wrong. There will not be a Steel Cage Lumber Jack match. The purpose of No Way Out is for the wrestlers to not be able to leave the ring. Steel Cage matches prevent leaving the ring during the match, as do lumberj ack match and handcuff matches. Not every match is a cage match.

This. I'm shocked no one else realized this.

This. I'm shocked no one else realized this.

I did. :XD:

No way out is still a long way from today... God know what will happen, so I try not to think of this.

And no, Kane will not job to Orton. He actually won at Wrestlemania...so I don't know if that was a joke or not, but I am really allergic to that kind of wrong usage of words that make people like they were born 5 minutes ago.

I wouldn't say it was a bad feud, but yes it was random.

Archived