what is your cpu setting a.k.a a.i difficulties

For playing I will turn it up to 10 for a challenge in a regular match. I'll drop down a few levels for a battle royal or specialty match.

For playing and trying to dictate a see-saw match in the ring though, I'll keep it at 4 or 5.

For simmed matches, I keep it under 6 usually, but will switch it up now and again. But a lot of people like simming at 4. The reason is there should be much less repetitiveness with the test of strength contests at 4. That's also a good reason to play a match at level 4 too. At the high levels it's physically impossible to win the Test of Strength as a player. Plus you should be able to call your own spots at 4 and lower pretty much when you want and 4 can still put up a decent fight at times, better than lower numbers. 5 provides good balance all around for playing or simming.

Some people do sim at higher difficulty levels and I believe there are some benefits to that as well. But remember that overall a simmed match is going to rely more on the LOGIC sections of the wrestlers involved.

For playing I will turn it up to 10 for a challenge in a regular match. I'll drop down a few levels for a battle royal or specialty match.

For playing and trying to dictate a see-saw match in the ring though, I'll keep it at 4 or 5.

For simmed matches, I keep it under 6 usually, but will switch it up now and again. But a lot of people like simming at 4. The reason is there should be much less repetitiveness with the test of strength contests at 4. That's also a good reason to play a match at level 4 too. At the high levels it's physically impossible to win the Test of Strength as a player. Plus you should be able to call your own spots at 4 and lower pretty much when you want and 4 can still put up a decent fight at times, better than lower numbers. 5 provides good balance all around for playing or simming.

Some people do sim at higher difficulty levels and I believe there are some benefits to that as well. But remember that overall a simmed match is going to rely more on the LOGIC sections of the wrestlers involved.

i also like turning up the it up to around 8 to try out edit logic which takes me forever to get down put helps out greatly

• 2 weeks later...

The most I can do is at 3. After that, I pretty much get progressively worse at game play.

Best advice I can give is to practice the timing of different aspects of the game one at a time. Get the regular grapple winning down and then move up one degree of difficulty and do the same thing. Don't worry about other moves, just worry about winning grapples. You won't win them all but if you focus on that specifically you will win enough. Next try out characters with various types of striking moves. Each one takes different spacing and timing. Dropkicks can be a bitch for newer players to hit. Work on those, work on timing running strikes and counter strikes following an Irish-whip. I still struggle a lot to hit the standing, Roaring Elbow as an opponent is rebounding off of the ropes. Fortunately there is a strong grapple version as well.

Then work on the MMA shit, it doesn't have to be an MMA match. Just make a wrestler that uses all the different MMA positions and work on the timing for those since the timing for each one is different.

ROLL. You probably already do this, but if you are playing to win, whenever you are down, always roll away if you need to to avoid your opponent, unless you are trying to work a realistic looking match.

Finally, you can work on timing the high flying stuff and work on chaining big spots together.

i also like turning up the it up to around 8 to try out edit logic which takes me forever to get down put helps out greatly

What about level 8 specifically helps with trying out edit logic??

• 4 weeks later...

The most I can do is at 3. After that, I pretty much get progressively worse at game play.

Best advice I can give is to practice the timing of different aspects of the game one at a time. Get the regular grapple winning down and then move up one degree of difficulty and do the same thing. Don't worry about other moves, just worry about winning grapples. You won't win them all but if you focus on that specifically you will win enough. Next try out characters with various types of striking moves. Each one takes different spacing and timing. Dropkicks can be a bitch for newer players to hit. Work on those, work on timing running strikes and counter strikes following an Irish-whip. I still struggle a lot to hit the standing, Roaring Elbow as an opponent is rebounding off of the ropes. Fortunately there is a strong grapple version as well.

Then work on the MMA shit, it doesn't have to be an MMA match. Just make a wrestler that uses all the different MMA positions and work on the timing for those since the timing for each one is different.

ROLL. You probably already do this, but if you are playing to win, whenever you are down, always roll away if you need to to avoid your opponent, unless you are trying to work a realistic looking match.

Finally, you can work on timing the high flying stuff and work on chaining big spots together.

What about level 8 specifically helps with trying out edit logic??

i was under the impression that the higher up the cpu level the harder the game is so for me at least it helps me spot flaws in the edit logic but i think it has more to do with a personal kinda of choice

Yeah it might be personal choice more than anything. About higher levesl making it easier for spotting flaws, that may be myth or have some merit. Jason Blackheart would know. That dude hacked Firepro and knows more about logic and such than just about anyone. I'm not linking to the site he is most associated with again. But that dude's name is out there and he has info on several websites.

Archived