So I'm going to Wrestling school.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, honestly, I hope you make it big. I know for my small size, the most I can do in wrestling is to become a manager or announcer. I'll offer my two cents seeing as you are looking for input.

Honestly, I know you're probably looking to live your greatest fantasy of becoming like The Rock and wrestling, but if you were to become a legitimate wrestler past the career, the imitation idea would get you no where. What I would recommend is having a gimmick that of a caniving heel, someone slimy and a smartass. It's not often we see dirty tricks like taking off the turnbuckle or threatening the referee anymore. If you could innovate some old school tactics and blend them in with some, for say, Daniel Bryan like interactions (i.e.: Ref starts counting and taking Bryan off the choke, and Bryan shoves the ref and screams: "I HAVE UNTIL FIVE"), things like that could really get you going. Work on the promo work of coming off as a calculating ass, like a smarter version of The Rock who can dish out a hell of a sophisticated but awesome promo.

You're wrestling style, I'd say for your size, technical with a little flashy in the mix. Something about being a modernized old school would seem to go good for you based on what you're asking

So I'm starting wrestling school soon, and I have an idea of a character I'd like to pull off.

I'm 5'10 185 lbs.

I wanna do a complete gimmick where I am simply "The Rock" just using his catchphrases and stuff, do you think Indy feds would let me do that?

Reason being is because I do a great impersonation of The Great One. Is it a bad idea?

Happy Easter by the way guys.

Im going to a Wrestling School later this year as well. Im going to the WWA4. here in Atlanta. I wish you luck bro.

I want the Rock Bottom :hqhq:

Lol. If not that, then maybe a Super Kick, I got that slap to the thigh down pat :lol:

But you know it will come to me sometime.

Does anybody know a way that I could gain muscle faster by lifting? Does Creatine really work? Please no steroid jokes :lol:

And kicking cigarettes would be a good idea wouldn't it

Creatine is shit. It's all water weight. There are many body building forums out there with people who are willing to help people looking to gain weight. You're probably going to want some sort of whey protein and realistically, you're going to have to weight around 220 and be able to bend more than that.

Creatine is shit. It's all water weight. There are many body building forums out there with people who are willing to help people looking to gain weight. You're probably going to want some sort of whey protein and realistically, you're going to have to weight around 220 and be able to bend more than that.

I'm not gonna have to weight 225. Chris Jericho is 5'9 and he weights about 190.

that's awesome, you def need to keep us updated on your progress and stuff :)

btw I've always wondered.......just how hard is the mat?? When I watch wrestling, some rings sound/look bouncy, some are like wood etc... hows it for you?

This is quite inspirational. I love the fact that someone has gone out and got into a wrestling school. I wish I could do the same in the next few years, but I personally can't see it happening. I think one of the main reasons I couldn't do it is because I'd expect to be able to get into WWE straight away, which barely ever happens, and I don't really feel like getting into a relationship with Jennifer Hudson right now.

Anyway, I wish you luck and I do hope you keep some kind of update material such as a blog or even just some posts on here. It would be great to see how you did after a year or so.

I'm not gonna have to weight 225. Chris Jericho is 5'9 and he weights about 190.

Don't mean to be a dick but.... His billed weight 226 lbs. If he was 190 he's have little to no muscle.

I like weightlifting, if you want to truly build muscle you're really going to need to buy a few (legal and non-dangerous) supplements. Stay away from creatine and other derivative products like Superpump 250 Max. While the products do assist in seeing results, they do come at costs. Creatine, as previously mentioned, is water wait. Become dependent on it and get off of it, you'll be visibly seeing the consequences. Things like Jack 3D and Super Pump, which use creatine in addition to other supplements, will do the job with getting you ready for exercise and staying consistent, because it uses water weight for endurance. It works, but it has some dangerous mental effects if abused, in addition to giving the bird to your liver.

Stay away from it.

Instead, go buy yourself the right form of Protein. I'm not sure if you're going for a lean or bulky look, so I'm just going to recommend Whey Gold Standard, the typical "beginner" formula. Don't let the beginner title throw yo off though, it really is effective and sets you up into getting into the varieties for what you target. In addition, you want to buy a protein which is specifically made to be absorbed during sleep to maintain protein-intake consistency, known as Casein. Start with those.

Don't listen to dude about billed weight. The billed weights are often bullshit and for any guy who isn't a giant, any time they are not accurate then they are always inflated as opposed to the other way around.

Also, please for you own sake, don't do try to make a real gimmick out of the Rock imitation unless you have some Jay Lethal level of impressionist skill for it. To find out, do the impersonation to joke around with people backstage or something. If they think it's good enough that you could actually make a parody gimmick out of it, they'll tell ya. But otherwise, your best bet is to come up with something original.

Infinity is giving you some good advice it seems. No matter what though, keep in mind this, be original and try to captivate the audience. When it comes down it, that is the most important thing. Size, skill, look, whatever else, that is great too, but plenty of guys that don't have any of that have been able to make careers in this industry none the less.

I'm being realistic. I'm trying to help him and give him an advantage because honestly in wrestling these days the look is more important than in ring ability and if you don't know that then I don't know where you have been. All I have to say is, you have to get your weight into the 200s. That's just the way the industry looks at people these days. But good luck to you, I wish nothing but the best.

I'm being realistic. I'm trying to help him and give him an advantage because honestly in wrestling these days the look is more important than in ring ability and if you don't know that then I don't know where you have been. All I have to say is, you have to get your weight into the 200s. That's just the way the industry looks at people these days. But good luck to you, I wish nothing but the best.

The shift has also been going back the other way. Daniel Bryan. AJ Styles. Austin Aries.

Now the WWE is still trying to hold onto the 1980's to an extent, but sooner or later they will be forced to catch up. Just recently, last summer they started introducing guys at their actual weight instead of their usual billed weight. Low and behold guys like CM Punk and Jericho were a good 30 lbs less than what they are usually billed at. I don't think they still are doing this, haven't paid close enough attention lately to the entrance announcements I guess. But it was a good idea that they should run with. They've had to deal with negative press due to steroids (especially the role steroids may have played with Benoit), you would think they would be happy to distance themselves from the bulked up, roid rage wrestler stereotype.

Archived