So I'm going to Wrestling school.

Things are going good. Overall I'm enjoying myself. I don't know what you guys want to know, just PM me if you want to know something as I always forget about this topic :lol:

Are simple moves such as a drop toe hold, a schoolboy, and a hip toss really as hard as Mick Foley says they are?

School boys took me a while to learn.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are going good. Overall I'm enjoying myself. I don't know what you guys want to know, just PM me if you want to know something as I always forget about this topic :lol:

Are simple moves such as a drop toe hold, a schoolboy, and a hip toss really as hard as Mick Foley says they are?

A drop toe hold, is just awkward at first. A school boy is more the other guy not me, ya know. A hip toss took me a few hours to get done. Message me anymore questions you have man.

Why can't I be 18 yet, and have a car, and liscence, and an apartment in Spencer Indiana.

Spencer huh? I'm in Indianapolis.

Do you plan on training with Billy Roc up in Lafayette? If not, I suggest D1W if they are still training. But I highly recommend The School of Roc.

Check out my youtube page, I used to tape the preshows for Insanity Pro Wrestling, where it was basically a showcase for the youngsters in the area or the surrounding areas, that wanted to make a name for themselves.

www.youtube.com/user/mcchitman

The plan would be train at the CZW Dragon's Den/R.A.G.E Dojo.

Why can't I be 18 yet, and have a car, and liscence, and an apartment in Spencer Indiana.

Spencer huh? I'm in Indianapolis.

Do you plan on training with Billy Roc up in Lafayette? If not, I suggest D1W if they are still training. But I highly recommend The School of Roc.

Check out my youtube page, I used to tape the preshows for Insanity Pro Wrestling, where it was basically a showcase for the youngsters in the area or the surrounding areas, that wanted to make a name for themselves.

www.youtube.com/user/mcchitman

The plan would be train at the CZW Dragon's Den/R.A.G.E Dojo.

How could I forget about them!? I know Drake just moved to California, so I don't know the current status of that school I'll have to find out. I'm sure Scotty Vortekz could take over, and I think some of the Infinity Pro guys have a hand in it as well, so it's prolly still good to go.

Well I recently sat down with out budding CM Punk. In other words, I broke into his house, tied him up, and forced him to answer questions. Thought I'd post the answers so you can all see how he's doing.

What made you want to become a wrestler and ultimately join a wrestling school?

I have been a wrestling fan my whole life, and I wouldn't be happier doing anything else. That's what ultimately got my to do this.

How did you go about picking out the school you wanted to attend? Was it the closest, one that you heard have a lot of good reviews or names, was it one that was promoted by a promotion like OVW, CZW, Chikara, and ROH, or was it just a random pick?

I am attending the school I am because the owner/head trainer will give me a job afterwards and he is super passionate and willing to help me as much as possible.

How much is it for you to attend the school you are? I know some require so much up front and so much every month. Is this how your's work or is it a different set up?

It costs me 300 for the down payment and I have to pay 75-100 dollars a months. A pretty good price.

Did you have to buy any gear for your training?

Knee pads, elbow pads. They really help supports those two parts of the body. They're a must.

They say that your time in wrestling school will be the most painful part of your carerr (pardon my mis spelling of this). Can you confirm/agree with that statement?

Obviously, a trainer/s are going to teach you the basics at first. Has their been anything special that you were excited to learn? Like a certain move or skill?

The hip toss is something that took a few hours but now I have it down pat and I love it for some reason.

You said in your topic about you going to wrestling school that you had an idea for a gimmick. Have you decided that's the gimmick you want to do, and if you told your trainers or fellow classmates, what are their thoughts on it?

I was told that I shouldn't think about a gimmick. The booker will come up with that. The last thing you wanna do is tell your trainer a gimmick, my trainer told me that before we ever started haha.

How long do you think your training will last?

I was told I'm making good progress so I am thinking within the next 4-6 months I'll be finished, hopefully.

Once you finish your training, what will you do next as far as getting bookings? Will you have your trainer/s help you out, or go about it the old fashioned way of calling around and sending out tapes?

I will be working for theupwa.com

Have you had an ribs pulled on you yet or have you pulled one?

A rib? As in a prank? No not yet, but I've been told once I start that I'll get ribbed a bit.

What is your ultimate goal if you fully commit to being a professional wrestler, whether you stay in the independent scene or move up to the big show?

Ultimate goal: Be the best in the world. Be a king in the indys and become WWE Champ someday.

Any advice you'd give to those who are considering attending wrestling school or wanting to become a professional wrestler?

Just have a good head on your shoulders. Confidence and passion is everything. Be a sponge absorb as much as you can from everyone around you.

Don't know if I posted this in here before, but next month I'm going to start training with FTW Pro Wrestling. Thing is, I'm pretty tall and lanky, and in no way am I as athletic as I should be for someone my size. But that's not due to lazyiness, but more so a condition. Anywho, I was messing around about 2 weeks ago at one of their shows, sitting on the edge of the ring and trying to fall as hard as possible to get a feel for the ring. I have a back problem, not too serious, but I'm assuming these rings don't have much give do they?

Don't know if I posted this in here before, but next month I'm going to start training with FTW Pro Wrestling. Thing is, I'm pretty tall and lanky, and in no way am I as athletic as I should be for someone my size. But that's not due to lazyiness, but more so a condition. Anywho, I was messing around about 2 weeks ago at one of their shows, sitting on the edge of the ring and trying to fall as hard as possible to get a feel for the ring. I have a back problem, not too serious, but I'm assuming these rings don't have much give do they?

So you have taken bumps in their ring? I kinda got lost in the translation there...

Anyway, every ring is different. I always liked to get in a ring before a show and run the ropes to get a feel for the size, bump around a bit. Some rings are wood and super stiff, others are metal, some a hybrid of both. It also depends on the type of padding. I've been in rings with nothing but plywood over metal, with a sheet of carpet padding, then the canvas. But also rings with 1" thick padding over the wood, then the canvas.

Some rings also have a spring in the middle of the ring, underneath. I've only been in one ring that had this. and it was kinda awkward to me, but I would assume it gives a bit more than the usual ring.

You'll soon learn that a wrestling ring is not a mattress, or a trampoline like I've heard so many say, ,bumps leave bruises, and hitting your head will make you throw up.

TUCK YOUR CHIN!

Yeah all rings are different some aren't bad at all. Some feel like high school gym class mats which are pretty bad but you get used to it.

So you have taken bumps in their ring? I kinda got lost in the translation there...

Anyway, every ring is different. I always liked to get in a ring before a show and run the ropes to get a feel for the size, bump around a bit. Some rings are wood and super stiff, others are metal, some a hybrid of both. It also depends on the type of padding. I've been in rings with nothing but plywood over metal, with a sheet of carpet padding, then the canvas. But also rings with 1" thick padding over the wood, then the canvas.

Some rings also have a spring in the middle of the ring, underneath. I've only been in one ring that had this. and it was kinda awkward to me, but I would assume it gives a bit more than the usual ring.

You'll soon learn that a wrestling ring is not a mattress, or a trampoline like I've heard so many say, ,bumps leave bruises, and hitting your head will make you throw up.

TUCK YOUR CHIN!

I've never been in a ring with a spring. That sounds super awkward though.

Does a thick padded ring hurt when you take a bump? Just wondering.

I had the chance a few years ago to just mess around in a ring, and when the guy told me how to take a bump it hurt. However that ring was really stiff and didn't have much padding. So I'm just wondering if a heavily padded ring hurts. lol

TUCK YOUR CHIN!

I've never taken an actual bump in that ring, no. I was just sitting on the edge of the ring while we were taking it down, during a break, and I'd just fall on my back while sitting. I don't think that's considered a bump. But yea, I'm pretty sure the ring isn't a mattress, as we set up, there's like steel bars that you put in the center, then they put plywood over it, and like this thick mat. Oh well, I'm sure I'll learn the right way eventually.

I'm actually pretty stoked about this.

Archived