40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the WWE turn Daniel Bryan and/or Sheamus?

I just read an interesting article on Bleacherreport and it got me thinking: Since many fans started to cheer for Daniel Bryan and boo Sheamus after the WrestleMania-fiasco, do you think the WWE should turn Danielson face and Sheamus heel again?

D-Bry's "Yes!" chant has become iconic ever since WM and people have started to cheer for him and chant his name too, even when he behaves like an asshole and shouts at his girlfriend AJ. While Sheamus gets booed for squashing AmDrag in 18 secs and arguably because his face character has become quite boring.

Although I absolutely love Bryan as heel, I think it'd be better if the WWE turns him back to a face. It'd be quite odd to hear the fans still chant his name, even after he'd cut a promo to draw heat. For Sheamus it'd be better for him to turn back to a heel IMO, since he hasn't been as good as a face so far, especially since the officials are trying to create a new Superman with him.

SmackDown! Spoiler:

I know, Danielson has already responded to the "Yes"-chants on SmackDown! by saying that the fans do that in order to mock him, but I don't think the fans want to mock him when they chant his name and cheer for him. Speaking of SD!, Sheamus bicycle-kicked a referee in the head after losing a match and, unlike Orton's or Taker's past outbursts, this apparently is leading to an angle, where the referee, Chad Patton, demands in a phone interview that Sheamus should be fired for that kick. Perhaps the WWE just wants to give him a character similar to Orton's, who also sneakily attacks people from behind. Although in this case, Sheamus gets booed.

I can't say right now, it all really depends on the reactions they get in the next few weeks. If they keep booing Sheamus, they'll probably have no choice but to turn him heel. If Bryan keeps getting cheered and the yes thing keeps going, I can see them during him face in some kind of underdog story. But for now, neither should turn.

I think if anything Bryan should stay the way he is. It's impossible not to compare the Yes chants to What chants, and if you remember Austin was never really a full on face. If Bryan wants to keep the Yes chants going he needs to be that annoying cocky heel who chants yes every time he comes out for a match. I doubt he could pull it off properly if he was a face.

I voted turn D-Bry face.

They don't need to turn Sheamus heel though. Smart fans are pissed at McMahon and his cronies over the WHC joke at Mania, not Sheamus. The boos for Sheamus will fizzle out after awhile. I would like Cena to go heel soon though, and they need a bunch of strong babyface characters so they can still sell merchandise if Cena is a heel.

Like think of it like merchandise by committee. Kind of like Running Back by committee (NFL fans know what I mean). If Brock and CM Punk, and Bryan, and Sheamus, and Orton, perhaps a returning Mysterio as well can all generate a bunch of merch sales, then maybe, just maybe the WWE will be more confident in following through with what they've been building toward for a f'n year now and that is to finally turn Cena heel.

I think it really depends on if it catches on elsewhere. They went Bryan crazy in Miami all week, so the only way of really knowing if they should switch either guy is to see how other cities react to them.

Well I'm hoping for and banking on a case of monkey see, monkey do. I don't know if they edited chants during SD or not, often not real easy to tell. But there was nothing they could do during Mania and RAW. And a lot of ears heard those chants and it will likely continue just because it's the cool thing to do right now. I don't care if anyone finds the chants annoying, I really want them to continue so that voices are heard loud and clear.

Whether or not Bryan turns face or stays heel though... that's not nearly as important as just whether or not they use him properly. As a fan that is all I really ask. They hired off of the indy circuit, they pushed him to the moon, they gave him a title run. And that's all well and good, but they really want to capitalize off this, give the people what they want. Allow him to showcase his ability on a consistent basis, not just once in a blue moon when he faces someone like Punk. The WWE knew they were getting a wrestler when they hired Bryan... let him be a wrestler is all I say!

It doesn't really matter to me if Bryan is heel or face, as long as he is used correctly. He obviously is good enough in the ring, and I think he has shown that he can hold his own on the mic aswell. I loved his promo on Smackdown. Hopefully he hasn not seen the last of the top championships in the WWE.

There should be an option for both. To me Sheamus is just not a believeable face, I took him more seriously as a bully when he was a heel on RAW and he played that part much better than being a face. Daniel Bryan on the otherhand, I wouldn't mind what they do with him because I am really enjoying what he's doing as a heel but with his chant being so over with the crowd a face turn wouldn't shock me. I definitely think a Sheamus heel turn needs to happen but then there would have to be a new face to replace him and Daniel Bryan seems to be the most likely to do it right now.

Sheamus is like Triple H & will move from Face to Heel a few times through his career...& do well in either roll.

As for WM I thought their match was a waste and could of been really good, let hope for a proper rematch some time soon.

As for B-Ryan I think he pulls of the heel well and would like to see him continue on this path for now, as long as he still gets pushed.

I just read an interesting article on Bleacherreport and it got me thinking: Since many fans started to cheer for Daniel Bryan and boo Sheamus after the WrestleMania-fiasco, do you think the WWE should turn Danielson face and Sheamus heel again?

D-Bry's "Yes!" chant has become iconic ever since WM and people have started to cheer for him and chant his name too, even when he behaves like an asshole and shouts at his girlfriend AJ. While Sheamus gets booed for squashing AmDrag in 18 secs and arguably because his face character has become quite boring.

Although I absolutely love Bryan as heel, I think it'd be better if the WWE turns him back to a face. It'd be quite odd to hear the fans still chant his name, even after he'd cut a promo to draw heat. For Sheamus it'd be better for him to turn back to a heel IMO, since he hasn't been as good as a face so far, especially since the officials are trying to create a new Superman with him.

SmackDown! Spoiler:

I know, Danielson has already responded to the "Yes"-chants on SmackDown! by saying that the fans do that in order to mock him, but I don't think the fans want to mock him when they chant his name and cheer for him. Speaking of SD!, Sheamus bicycle-kicked a referee in the head after losing a match and, unlike Orton's or Taker's past outbursts, this apparently is leading to an angle, where the referee, Chad Patton, demands in a phone interview that Sheamus should be fired for that kick. Perhaps the WWE just wants to give him a character similar to Orton's, who also sneakily attacks people from behind. Although in this case, Sheamus gets booed.

In response to SmackDown! Spoiler:

I think they could make the World Heavyweight Title into a poison chalice, making whomever holds it act like a heel. Danielson was the coward, Sheamus can be the monster, and so on.

I say turn both. Have Sheamus claim that people actually booed him for winning at Mania but he doesn't care because he's the WHC now. And because Daniel Bryan is so over now with the Yes! chants [Please don't die down!!] then might as well turn him face again.

It showed how nobody cares about Sheamus as a face in how there were Daniel Bryan chants, throughout his promo with Del Rio. Unfortunately I don't think either Del Rio or Sheamus are over enough for a main event feud so I can see someone else being put into the mix. Personally I would love to see this whole splitting up with AJ as a play; as she could run down in the rematch with Sheamus and help Bryan win the title, turning her heel in the process and keeping them as a power couple; because I believe they both benefit from the coupling.

Sheamus has literally fallen into the gutter ever since his face turn. As a heel, he was meant to be taken seriously. He has the look of a heel, the mic skills as a heel (not the same old "horse's arse"), the ring skills as a herl and most importantly, the character as a heel. As a face, he just can't seem to adjust with any of those four caregories properly and that's just killing his entire on-screen image.

Bryan, on the other hand, plays any character he is given to perfection. From the underdog to the self-centered and villianious boyfriend, he is extremely entertaining. His in-ring skills, which are unparalleled at the moment, really, contribute majorly to the overall development of a character, and he seems quite comfortable with jelling his traits well. So for me, face or heel, I'm fine either way. But Sheamus? Heel turn please, if you want his previous relevance back.

Sheamus has literally fallen into the gutter ever since his face turn. As a heel, he was meant to be taken seriously. He has the look of a heel, the mic skills as a heel (not the same old "horse's arse"), the ring skills as a herl and most importantly, the character as a heel. As a face, he just can't seem to adjust with any of those four caregories properly and that's just killing his entire on-screen image.

Bryan, on the other hand, plays any character he is given to perfection. From the underdog to the self-centered and villianious boyfriend, he is extremely entertaining. His in-ring skills, which are unparalleled at the moment, really, contribute majorly to the overall development of a character, and he seems quite comfortable with jelling his traits well. So for me, face or heel, I'm fine either way. But Sheamus? Heel turn please, if you want his previous relevance back.

Seriously agree with this, I've grown tired with Sheamus as a face and his stories about his 145 uncles and great-uncles from Ireland. Time to bring back the ass-hauling heel that we loved from before with stronger mic skills.

Sheamus taken seriously as a heel? Are we watching two different Sheamuses?

I voted turn D-Bry face.

They don't need to turn Sheamus heel though. Smart fans are pissed at McMahon and his cronies over the WHC joke at Mania, not Sheamus. The boos for Sheamus will fizzle out after awhile. I would like Cena to go heel soon though, and they need a bunch of strong babyface characters so they can still sell merchandise if Cena is a heel.

Like think of it like merchandise by committee. Kind of like Running Back by committee (NFL fans know what I mean). If Brock and CM Punk, and Bryan, and Sheamus, and Orton, perhaps a returning Mysterio as well can all generate a bunch of merch sales, then maybe, just maybe the WWE will be more confident in following through with what they've been building toward for a f'n year now and that is to finally turn Cena heel.

Haha...good analogy, but yeah that is exactly what I think has been the only reason why they haven't pulled the trigger on a Cena heel turn yet. Hopefully they can try sometime down the road.

I hope Bryan turns face though...I was hoping that he would rid of AJ, which he did but he did it heelish, and state that he needs no distractions to stay perfectly focused on winning the WHC back. Then he could turn into the Benoit-type, No Gimmick Needed character.

Sheamus taken seriously as a heel? Are we watching two different Sheamuses?

Name me one heel in recent history who hasn't been made a punk. You can't tell me you couldn't take him seriously as a heel. What about CM Punk? He got whooped several times. Cody Rhodes. Beg to differ. Or how about Randy Orton? They all were taken seriously, including Sheamus. Oh and, I'd take competitive and even matches over 'Superman Comeback at the end' matches any day of the week.

Archived