Official Diary Chat Thread

Scorpion™

Oh i agree come back JohnStone, i'm happy right now that Scorpion and the person (didn't wanna say guy as a just incase) doing the Network diary can and know how to review. But i agree with him the reviews from these other diaries are painful, especially if you've been in their diary and left a good lengthy comment to just get, good show written.

I mean i'm not knocking their diaries as they can sure write and do some terrific graphics but that's all they can do. Its the old argument as well as "diaries aren't about the reviews" but more about the views. Thats BS because while its good to see i have over 1000 views in my diary, it catches me out that i don't know if i'm doing anything wrong or what could be changed etc.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i agree come back JohnStone, i'm happy right now that Scorpion and the person (didn't wanna say guy as a just incase) doing the Network diary

Guy is right, haha thanks.

We have a few new diaries so hopefully they turn into something and more people become interested in making more diaries. I don't know why it seems so dead all of a sudden. I looked at past diaries and it used to be so active. Hopefully history repeats itself and it gets back to being really active.

• 4 weeks later...

So real quick, I know Im new here and everything but I just wanted to put this out there really quick. In my Diary, please don't judge a book by it's cover. I'm like 10 shows in, trying to go back and write the shows so I can catch everyone up without restarting. I promise that my results for shows will be better once I do them as I sim the match and make the card.

Also, I've been reading most of the peoples Diaries here and I'm beginning to fall in love with EWR all over again. Before hand it seemed like I was wasting my time, nobody saw what I was doing, nobody really cared tbh. I just did it to kill time, but now that I can actually present people my creations and what not it doesn't seem so... Wasteful? Anyways, point is I'm glad I found some place I can post my promotion on.

PS; Most of the diaries I've read have kept my entertainment level sharp and my creativeness on point. So to everyone's diary I've had the pleasure to read, thank you for helping me get ideas and shape my shows to look better.

You are all awesome! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm looking at starting a 2014 WWE diary and wasn't sure exactly how to format it. Since Raw is 3 hours now, I'd feel like it wasn't as "realistic" if I booked just 11 segments like EWR only allows. My workaround to get more segments is to book a show "Raw Hour One' on Monday and "Raw" on Tuesday, with the Hour One show having about 6 segments, plus the 11 on the other one. (make sense? good)

Problem is, 17 segments (or thereabouts) is a whole lot each week and I find myself running out of ideas...so would you guys be ok with 11 segments for a "3 hour Raw" or would you prefer the realism of 17 segments by booking it over two shows?

I thought about it, sadly I'm just too simple-minded to work TEW. I loved the update in terms of the realism and such, it's just I can't find enough segments to book a 3-hour show realistically. I find myself having a bunch of 20+ minute matches to fill the time haha

Plus I'm not 100% familiar with all the ins and outs of TEW as I am EWR

Make promos around 3/4 minutes, show intro around 5/6 minutes. Matches depends on the match, main event to me should be around 15-20 minutes, opener can be 10 max in my opinion. Have about 5-6 matches especially enough to work with the storylines too. So say if the storyline is CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar but Brock has Cesaro as part of it or something then have CM Punk face Cesaro and have an interference or botched interference by Brock Lesnar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wondering if people will actually be interested in reading a diary that is presented as articles in a newspaper as such, cause I've tried writing whole match descriptions it just seems to not work out for me as I am not a wrestling move genius and I don't really watch much wrestling being an Australian guy. Also if you're interested in a diary with a lack of well known wrestlers come and take a look at what a professional wrestling company is like with a true Aussie base group of wrestlers.

Also guys use your imaginations for the storylines cause what I'm doing is more a Backyard to Global challenge, it's more fun to play than an already established company cause you can develop your own wrestlers and use lower level performers and establish them in your brand rather than say CM Punk or Kevin Steen being re-established in another brand.

So I am back to diary writing. It's been a few years and although I have only got one show under my belt recently I am back in full swing! This place was a lot more active the last time I came here, but I'm hoping I can restore atleast a little more activity to the board.

Check out my current WWE diary of you like. I kicked it off slightly in the future with Survivor Series 2014 and will be continuing it from there.

Started on RAW this morning. Plenty of Survivor Series fallout, but we also look towards the next PPV; TLC! Expect some changes to the WWE in my diary. Some PPV names will be changed because lets face it TLC and Battleground and Payback are a bit shit. I may not this time around but in the future.

Can anyone actually believe the quality of matches I have on my backyard promotion. It's amazing how I'm doing it with Australian talent, not like Emma or anyone like that but with guys like Ryan Eagles and Chris Cryptic and by the way I'm quite surprised with how well I'm doing. You guys need to witness this transformation so go on and have a read of my journalist style diary in Backyard to Global ANW.

• 2 weeks later...

New here, but not new to EWR and the whole diary scene.

I'm thinking of starting a diary starting in January 2000. Instead of doing the whole WWF(E) attitude thing, I was thinking of creating another super-fed and challenging WWF(E) for the number one spot. Gimmicks would include stealing Jeff Hardy (at the time one of the biggest names in WWE(F)) and others, having tie-in shows and eventually buying out and overrunning WWF(E). What do you guys think?

At the moment I am doing university work and so I am unable to update my Backyard to Global diary, but in about October I will return to update the diary. I'm sorry for people who may have wanted an update on the diary and so watch the diary space for an update when we near the month of October.

Archived