Official Diary Chat Thread

Scorpion™

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: I have not abandoned my diary. I just don't have time to update it on a regular basis. I'm not going to give out any spoilers until I figure a schedule out. But until next Monday/Tuesday, I will not be updating THE MIZ: Skull Crushing Comeback.

Updated my Jimmy Dice diary with the fifth week. If you haven't read it i'll clear it up so far.

Jimmy Dice scouted by FCW and signed.

Week1.Faced Eli Cottonwood in a squash.

Week2.Faced Xavier Woods in another squash, brutally attacking him after the match.

Week3.Confronted Seth Rollins after his match, pretending to apologise about the Xavier incident before attacking him from behind and then Xavier Woods who interefered.

Week4.Lost to Seth Rollins in a normal one on one singles match.

I hope people give it a read since I seem to dish about feedback and get little to nothing in return. Thanks.

IWA Mid West: Xtreme TV Episode 3 is now ready to be read by the masses. If you are a fan of the diary, looking for the only hardcore diary being actively worked on, need a quick read, or are just bored, go and check it out and leave some feedback. I promise to repay the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

IWA Mid West Ground Zer0 is now fully posted! If you love technical, violent, and to a degree thought provoking diaries, give it a read. And if you do read it, please leave feedback, as it helps me to improve and give you all better shows. And if you feel like it, give it a rating with those stars.

I'm thinking about starting a 3rd dairy :P. Just wanting to ask, is everyone fine with this? Just feel a bit like a jackass since i've abandoned two diaries in a month?

EDIT:Also, do you think i should do a kind of recap for my shows? Just it will be shorter and quicker. PPV's will be a bit longer.

Depending on whether you have the read the last post in my diary (WWE 2012: Over The Limit), you may know that I said I'd be taking a long break from it. I also said I'd be starting a singles diary but after some re-consideration I realised singles diaries don't appeal to me at all. Anyway, my diary will actually be returning tonight or tomorrow.

I just want to let it be known that I did NOT do this for attention or whatever. I was genuinely getting tired with the diary and I thought I needed an extended break from it. Well it turns out a week long break was all I needed :)

Just wanted to clear that up.

I'm genuinely fed up with people EXPECTING a reply because they commented on a diary. If you're only writing for replies then you shouldn't be writing. I do not understand why there is pressure on replying to someones diary if they comment on yours. Take a look of their diary of course, if you like it or bits of it then awesome comment on those bits, but if you don't like it I don't see why we should feel the nee to comment. Chances are there will be other people commenting. (it's not as if this board is completely dead because it's not).

I'm genuinely fed up with people EXPECTING a reply because they commented on a diary. If you're only writing for replies then you shouldn't be writing. I do not understand why there is pressure on replying to someones diary if they comment on yours. Take a look of their diary of course, if you like it or bits of it then awesome comment on those bits, but if you don't like it I don't see why we should feel the nee to comment. Chances are there will be other people commenting. (it's not as if this board is completely dead because it's not).

It's not completely dead, but I feel like we're borderline.

Personally, I feel if we don't work on a comment-for-comment basis, then it would hurt the board. The past couple of days it has been good. Returning the favour is common courtesy, and personally I feel it benefits everyone. Feel free to not follow example, but if you're not returning many replies then you may find you start to receive less.

It's not completely dead, but I feel like we're borderline.

Personally, I feel if we don't work on a comment-for-comment basis, then it would hurt the board. The past couple of days it has been good. Returning the favour is common courtesy, and personally I feel it benefits everyone. Feel free to not follow example, but if you're not returning many replies then you may find you start to receive less.

What about the rest of the forum? That doesn't work on a comment-for-comment basis? Nope, nothing to do with common courtesy there. If someone commented on my diary, yes I think it's courtesy to check there's out, if you don't like then you shouldn't have to comment. There's immense pressure on people do so and I don't like it.

Receiving less comments doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother any of you. A comment is nice of course, but you should be writing because you enjoy it.

No-one is forcing you, do what you want. *shrug* I just think it's the nice thing to do to be honest, even if it's one sentence. Typing a piece of feedback takes five minutes. Not much of an effort compared to what the person wrote.

This. Like UncleCreepy said, writing feedback for someone really doesn't take that much effort. For example, a couple of days ago I wrote feedback for three people who had given me feedback the previous day. To read through each of their diaries and write three (kinda) lenghy comments, it only took me about 15 minutes; not a lot of time at all.

I know we kind of had this argument a couple of days ago, but I don't really see the reason why you're so against feedback-for-feedback. It's not time consuming, it adds to your reputation on the forum and it's just a nice thing to do; especially when we all work hard on our diaries. Of course, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But if you gave us a reason or two why you don't like feedback-for-feedback, I might unserstand your point of view more.

I'm not against it, I'm against the fact that I feel pressured into replying. I'll stand by this all the way: If someone comments on my diary then I appreciate it, that mean's they have taken their time to read and that they like it. That's when I will check out your diary and read a few shows to formulate my opinion. If I don't like it then I wont comment, but atleast I have taken the time to look.

No-one is forcing you, do what you want. *shrug* I just think it's the nice thing to do to be honest, even if it's one sentence. Typing a piece of feedback takes five minutes. Not much of an effort compared to what the person wrote.

What the man said.

I'm not against it, I'm against the fact that I feel pressured into replying. I'll stand by this all the way: If someone comments on my diary then I appreciate it, that mean's they have taken their time to read and that they like it. That's when I will check out your diary and read a few shows to formulate my opinion. If I don't like it then I wont comment, but atleast I have taken the time to look.

You're basically saying you won't read a diary unless you get a comment from the author on yours. That's quite close-minded really. What if you got no comments, it would bother you and eventually you'd have to start giving feedback, and that's how this forum works whether we like it or not.

Don't twist my words. I NEVER said that's the only reason I'd view a diary. I've been on this section for two years, I actively read diaries (even if I don't comment much) for my own entertainment. What I'm saying is, if someone comments on mine I WILL take the time to view there's (if I haven't already) and I will go onto formulate my opinion from there and whether I will reply or not.

Now I fully understand, see.... however I wasn't twisting your words. Your comment before said purely

" If someone comments on my diary then I appreciate it, that mean's they have taken their time to read and that they like it. That's when I will check out your diary and read a few shows to formulate my opinion. "

Just saying, I didn't twist any words there. I repeated what you said yourself, but you elaborated. Fair enough.

Archived